REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Uggs (https://www.revscene.net/forums/599857-uggs.html)

gearshifter 12-16-2009 11:49 AM

Uggs

I'm planning to get a pair for my gf... But where is a good place to get them?
Like no overpriced places :(

g35x 12-16-2009 01:40 PM

Uggs is simply overpriced everywhere...
Best bet will be purchasing them from the US, all my girl friends buy it from there...

Bonka 12-16-2009 01:48 PM

Agreed. I wanted to buy a pair for the gf to replace hers but she told me not to bother unless I was buying from the US. It's about half the price down there.

I recently saw a sale at Feet First for the regular ones for $119, however.

max23 12-16-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearshifter (Post 6730520)
I'm planning to get a pair for my gf... But where is a good place to get them?
Like no overpriced places :(

If your looking for a pair of Uggs I got a brand new one for sale a pair of gray Uggs Cardy and if she wears a size 6. PM back for details if your interested

aznrsx1979 12-16-2009 11:46 PM

If you do go get a pair, just buy the kid's size. When I was down in the US, the sales person at nordstrom's told me a lot of girls go for the kids size instead. It's a lot cheaper.

SumAznGuy 12-17-2009 08:39 AM

I can't believe the local retailers are selling them for $250.

Thanks for the heads up on the kids sizes.

spyker 12-17-2009 02:27 PM

If you do decide to purchase online,make sure you ask the seller if they can ship the package USPS,if they use UPS,Fedex or any other type of shipping company,you will get raped with brokerage fees and it will pretty much cost the same as buying locally.

Homan 12-18-2009 09:21 AM

Looks like SoftMoc is having a sale on them right now ... http://www.salesguide.ca/online-sale...0-off-2747/47/

miss_crayon 12-19-2009 12:29 PM

^i checked out the softmoc sale and it wasn't that good of a deal considering they were overpriced in the first place

sorry to say, but i'd just take the trip down there and go wild. i got my pair of uggs for $99USD during the summer sale at nordstrom. after buying it from there, i'd never even cnsider buying them here in vancouver unless the sale was JUST that good.

brokentelephone 12-19-2009 04:25 PM

Ugg's are ridiculous looking. When did it become acceptable to sacrifice style for comfort?

filth 12-19-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokentelephone (Post 6735416)
Ugg's are ridiculous looking. When did it become acceptable to sacrifice style for comfort?

THANK YOU

for all the girls reading this, it's not attractive. In fact it looks trashy and stupid! Especially when you wear them with your bootcut jeans that aren't meant to be tucked in with your talula parka that every single girl in Vancouver has one!

miss_crayon 12-19-2009 11:07 PM

how are they trashy? and i don't think girls are sacrificing style when they technically ARE and has been in style for many years now. comfort is just an added bonus--and believe me...i feel like i'm stepping in heaven every time i wear them. so soft, SO comfy.

however, i can understand why guys wouldn't like them as they probably aren't as appealing to the eye as say...our usual stilettos or pretty ballet flats. i don't think i've met one single guy who likes uggs in the first place. the ex even called them "ugg-mos" and would poke fun at me for wearing them.

SumAznGuy 12-20-2009 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6735795)
how are they trashy? and i don't think girls are sacrificing style when they technically ARE and has been in style for many years now. comfort is just an added bonus--and believe me...i feel like i'm stepping in heaven every time i wear them. so soft, SO comfy.

however, i can understand why guys wouldn't like them as they probably aren't as appealing to the eye as say...our usual stilettos or pretty ballet flats. i don't think i've met one single guy who likes uggs in the first place. the ex even called them "ugg-mos" and would poke fun at me for wearing them.

I dunno. I find them pretty cute. But then again, cute girls and ugly FAT girls wear them. Instand boner killer. :cry:

FiveDime 12-20-2009 07:26 AM

its like frumpy wet sock puppets for your feet!

I went on a date with this girl and she was wearing UGGS, needless to say i didnt call her back.

rice cooker 12-20-2009 08:54 PM

uggs are definitely...........uggs. at least the name is fitting haha

ra1nn 12-20-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6735795)
i don't think i've met one single guy who likes uggs in the first place.

lol im a girl and i don't like uggs :p