REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 12-16-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Hong Kong Identity Card

I know there was a thread on this before but it didn't really answer the questions I had...

Is there somewhere/someone who can help with filling in the application forms?
I tried mailing it in but basically got rejected since I need to be in HK to hand it in personally.
Now they mailed me back even more forms that I need to fill out and hand in when I'm actually present in HK.
The problem is the Chinglish is pretty bad on some of these forms so I have no clue what to do....

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
Advertisement
KrAyZiE TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAyZiE TRD View Post
I know there was a thread on this before but it didn't really answer the questions I had...

Is there somewhere/someone who can help with filling in the application forms?
I tried mailing it in but basically got rejected since I need to be in HK to hand it in personally.
Now they mailed me back even more forms that I need to fill out and hand in when I'm actually present in HK.
The problem is the Chinglish is pretty bad on some of these forms so I have no clue what to do....

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks
I dont read chinese and i find the english was easy to understand and the form was very straight forward.

u should just fill it in when u are back in hk and someone at the office will help u out when they interview u.
Lude S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
You have to be in HK to apply, and you have to be here for the photos. Plan a 4-6 week trip if you really want to get your HKID, or take 2 trips if you really like flying.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
I don't get it

You gotta be there to apply, but once your application goes through you can apply for a third party to help you pick up as long as you have a good enough reason. You gotta do a form for that, so if you got family or friends in HK they gotta leave their info, and you can come back after the application and just have them mail your ID to you when its ready. That's what I did. I had to come back for school and didn't want to stick around.
NimbeeTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
You have to be in HK to apply, and you have to be here for the photos. Plan a 4-6 week trip if you really want to get your HKID, or take 2 trips if you really like flying.
Fail.

You have to be physically in Hong Kong when you submit your forms but after that, you can leave Hong Kong and have someone else go to the interview for you. Just write down a form of consent allowing that person to act on your behalf. Once and if you are approved, you will then have to go back to HK just to take the photo and thumb print and you will be given a temporary ID paper then within 2 weeks you can pick up your official copy.

The forms them self are pretty simple. If you are having any troubles, please post down what section you are confused on.

By the way, under what status will you be applying for for your HKID? What qualifies you to obtain one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #6

Yea the regular form wasn't a problem.
But my dad just got his identity card last year so I get a more complicated version...
I'm heading there in a week and the problem I'm facing is that if you don't fill it out correctly the first time the interviewer won't even see you.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Fail.

You have to be physically in Hong Kong when you submit your forms but after that, you can leave Hong Kong and have someone else go to the interview for you. Just write down a form of consent allowing that person to act on your behalf. Once and if you are approved, you will then have to go back to HK just to take the photo and thumb print and you will be given a temporary ID paper then within 2 weeks you can pick up your official copy.

The forms them self are pretty simple. If you are having any troubles, please post down what section you are confused on.

By the way, under what status will you be applying for for your HKID? What qualifies you to obtain one?
My dad was born there but for some reason he didn't apply to get his card until last year.
It has like 3(4?) stars and two letters on it too

I'll try to find an online version of the forms to make things easier to point out.....
Thanks!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #8

So you are applying for a HKID for yourself? And where were you born? When did your dad come to Canada? On what travel documents did he arrive in Canada on? When did he settle in Canada?

Most likely you will get a HKID, but not the Right of Abode, you will get the Right to Land as I am thinking you are not considered a Chinese citizen.

Your Dad, if born in HK and assuming he IS Chinese then will have a HKID with 3 stars with the status of AZ meaning Right of Abode and born in HK.
Quote:
My Feedback
Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Perfect opportunity to show off your Photoshop skillz

Back on topic
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #10
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Absolutely right! That's what I did and had my aunt go to the interview for me. Went back months to a year later, took my photo and got my id! It's such a breeze now when I visit and don't have to wait in the international line at the airport!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:48 AM   #11

Did any of you get a reply back yet?
They sent me a letter today asking for more forms..... one of them was to fill out a form number D3Y
I'll a little confused as to how to complete it
Old 01-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #12

Which is the D3Y form?

It would help if you gave a bit more details so we don't have to keep guessing on which classification you are applying for.

Example:

Where you born?
Where your parents settled in Canada when you were born (assuming you are born in Canada)?

Here is basically a guide for overseas born children to parents of HK residents with Chinese nationality:

http://www.sm128c.com/hk/
Quote:
My Feedback