REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   First date! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/600083-first-date.html)

LC21 12-18-2009 01:34 PM

First date!

I know there have been threads on "where to take a girl" and so fourth but i'm just wondering, where would you bring a girl on an ideal first date. Anywhere special, considering it's almost christmas? The whole dinner-movie deal sounds rather boring.
Let's hear some of your stories. How did it go? Was she a turn off? Did you pull the wrong move? Discuss!

Serious discussion guyzzzzzzz

Noir 12-18-2009 01:42 PM

Depends on the girl and what she likes.

Or,

you could do things that you personally like.
Posted via RS Mobile

unit 12-18-2009 02:13 PM

dinner movie is ok.
i just went for drinks with her the first date.
good because she loosens up a bit and so do you.
dont take her to a movie after drinking tho. you'll prob fall asleep lol

Nvasion 12-18-2009 03:40 PM

i went horizons cuz we both wanted to go there then went to a dessert place in richmond.

q0192837465 12-18-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6734135)
i went horizons cuz we both wanted to go there then went to a dessert place in richmond.

wow, those places r so far away from each other. I tend to stick to one place cuz I hate finding parking.

I think the whole dinner-movie is good cuz it sorta prevents the awkward silence. And it gives u extra topics to talk about on the way back. If you do the dinner-drink combo, u may start to run out of topic and it'll be a bit awkward. Same goes to the dinner-walk in the park combo.

Orion 12-18-2009 04:14 PM

depends how comfortable you feel

if you're comfortable talking a lot go get drinks... coffee, alcohol or bubbletea

nowhere too quiet because you won't be able to get a good laugh but nowhere to loud

if you're not then do something where the focus is somewhere else

2 ppl sports: rowing, rafting, basketball 1-1
movie
bright night

liu13 12-18-2009 04:38 PM

i almost always do drinks

unit 12-18-2009 04:43 PM

dinner movie is good as a 2nd or 3rd date

welfare 12-18-2009 04:51 PM

vancouver aquarium

Presto 12-18-2009 09:08 PM

A nice, scenic cruise, followed by a meal would be nice. It's relatively low cost, and offers a lot of time to acquaint and talk to each other. This idea doesn't work if your driving attitude scares passengers.

tiger_handheld 12-18-2009 10:14 PM

white spot and walked around downtown after ...

on a side note, how is this thread any different from the others? its starting to be exactly the same...

LC21 12-19-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6734729)
white spot and walked around downtown after ...

on a side note, how is this thread any different from the others? its starting to be exactly the same...

I want people to elaborate more on the details.. likeeee the "turning point" or "climax" ... Was she a turn off, etc...

muteki 12-19-2009 02:33 AM

Bright Nights
Festival of Lights
Dinner, walk around downtown, dessert
Movie is kinda weird unless you've known each other for a while because you're just going to be sitting there for an hour or 2 probably not talking to each other.
Cruising around
It depends on what she's into as well, but that's your job to figure out what appeals to her. =p

RabidRat 12-19-2009 07:07 AM

dinner.

and then wing it from there. dessert, drinks, a walk, go for a drive, anything. if the night's going well and there's some real chemistry between the two of you, choose something that'll best suit the connection you got going.

or, if it's not going too well, at least all you committed to was dinner so you can leave immediately after.

hirevtuner 12-19-2009 09:24 AM

drink first date
if it doesn't work out, you are treating her only a drink not dinner

TripleSoul 12-19-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyComplex (Post 6734912)
Bright Nights
Festival of Lights
Dinner, walk around downtown, dessert
Movie is kinda weird unless you've known each other for a while because you're just going to be sitting there for an hour or 2 probably not talking to each other.
Cruising around
It depends on what she's into as well, but that's your job to figure out what appeals to her. =p

pretty good ideas. Dinner is always good as first date if you barely know her, or just getting drinks somewhere.
i would think movie is more of a second date..
don't make the first date too long. Keep it casual.

Qmx323 12-19-2009 11:41 PM

NEVER NEVER TAKE FIRST DATE TO MOVIE
- can't talk to her
- can't really get cuddly cuz its ur first date

going scenic would be the best bet, then a nice dessert/dinner place.

then on the way back you can take her to ur house i mean that place by no2 road bridge where u can watch airplanes land and shit then talk there. (if u guys have a spark between you this is magical)

TypeRNammer 12-19-2009 11:58 PM

If you're thinking of the Langley Drive In theater...don't bother.

Especially when you're driving out there in a modded car cause it's hard to have conversation when the exhaust is ridiculously loud LOL.

I even had a hard time trying to think :p

skyxx 12-20-2009 02:37 AM

Go find a nice Christmas light house or street type event . That's usually a nice place. :)

DGiRL 12-20-2009 03:05 AM

take her skating at the outdoor Robson skating rink...if you suck at skating, it can give you an excuse to hold her hand ;)
Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension bridge
head up to Grouse, I'm pretty sure there's like sleigh rides and other christmas activites going on up there right now...
you can also go tubing/tobogganing at Mt. Seymour ??

...and don't forget some hot chocolate to go with those activities :)