REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   do pre-workout drinks melt bones like coke? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/600237-do-pre-workout-drinks-melt-bones-like-coke.html)

Timpo 12-20-2009 12:37 PM

do pre-workout drinks melt bones like coke?

I am not a professional in nutrition, but you know how we hear things how coke melt bones? what ingredient is causing that?

what about some pre-work out supplements? NO Xplode, Xpand, NaNo Vapor, Superpump 250, NO Shotgun, Muscle Prime, etc...

anyone know?:confused:

Manic! 12-20-2009 01:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1clgwabmPM

SizzleChest 12-22-2009 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timpo (Post 6736253)
I am not a professional in nutrition, but you know how we hear things how coke melt bones? what ingredient is causing that?

what about some pre-work out supplements? NO Xplode, Xpand, NaNo Vapor, Superpump 250, NO Shotgun, Muscle Prime, etc...

i've heard of coke being able to polish a penny, but melt bones? i think some prankster has been putting sulfuric acid in your food again...

i know very little about the supplements you've mentioned, but i'm going to cast my vote that they don't make good bone melting mediums.

SkinnyPupp 12-22-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Taking ZhangFeil's place since he left?

hal0g0dv2 12-22-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Only if you could fail on rs mobile
Posted via RS Mobile

Blue 12-22-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzleChest (Post 6739227)
i've heard of coke being able to polish a penny, but melt bones? i think some prankster has been putting sulfuric acid in your food again...

i know very little about the supplements you've mentioned, but i'm going to cast my vote that they don't make good bone melting mediums.

He may not be so insane actually. I recall doing a little science experiment in elementary where we took some kids teeth that had fallen out and placed it in a small shot glass of coca cola. We let it sit in there untouched for about 2 weeks (or at least I think it was about 2 weeks) and the teeth were fully dissolved / disappeared, the coke was gelatin-like by that time as well.

Fobman 12-23-2009 01:26 AM

just drink more milk

SkinnyPupp 12-23-2009 01:28 AM

You should avoid water too then, because it has the ability to melt metal

hal0g0dv2 12-23-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6739732)
You should avoid water too then, because it has the ability to melt metal

haha yeah i feel my bones melt when i drink water

penner2k 12-24-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue (Post 6739577)
He may not be so insane actually. I recall doing a little science experiment in elementary where we took some kids teeth that had fallen out and placed it in a small shot glass of coca cola. We let it sit in there untouched for about 2 weeks (or at least I think it was about 2 weeks) and the teeth were fully dissolved / disappeared, the coke was gelatin-like by that time as well.

Exactly.. You would be totally fucked if you sat in a bath tub full of coke for 2 weeks.

SpuGen 12-24-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penner2k (Post 6741168)
Exactly.. You would be totally fucked if you sat in a bath tub full of coke for 2 weeks.

The person who decides to sit in a bathtub full of coke was fucked to begin with.

YK86 12-24-2009 12:50 PM

I know nothing about workout drinks but being Japanese-Canadian like Timpo, I had to add my 2 cents. Japanese parents back in the day used to tell their kids not to drink coke/sodas because the "massive" amounts of sugar in it will melt your bones and teeth.

I think it's just one of those things parents told their kids back then to scare them so they won't drink it too much.

jeffh 12-24-2009 04:21 PM

oh yeah for sure, added vit b12 potassium and calcium will for sure melt the bones right out under you

im a jelly fish cuz i have noxplode 4 times a week, its sweet

SkinnyPupp 12-24-2009 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YK86 (Post 6741225)
I know nothing about workout drinks but being Japanese-Canadian like Timpo, I had to add my 2 cents. Japanese parents back in the day used to tell their kids not to drink coke/sodas because the "massive" amounts of sugar in it will melt your bones and teeth.

I think it's just one of those things parents told their kids back then to scare them so they won't drink it too much.

Has nothing to do with being Japanese, everyone knows that sodas have a ton of sugar. From what I have observed, Japanese drink way more sugary sodas than Canadians anyway.. It's hard to find diet versions of most things in Japan. Hong Kong is the same way. If you want diet, you are drinking Coke Zero and that's about it. If you want a Diet Snapple or something, you have to buy something imported from USA and pay like $4 for a bottle.

YK86 12-25-2009 04:20 AM

I'm just saying, Japanese parents used to tell their elementary school kids that drinking soda melts your bones as if it was some sort of drink made by the devil which is why Timpo probably still thinks it does.

Most of my Japanese friends (around my age, 30y.o.+) drink ulong tea, mugi-cha, water, and maybe the odd sports drink like Aquarius and when they see me drinking coke, give me the same crap about how it makes you super fat and rots the body.

SkinnyPupp 12-25-2009 05:32 AM

They're right about the first part at least! ;)

RRxtar 12-25-2009 11:20 AM

reading the internet melts the brain. you still do that dont you

YK86 12-25-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6742039)
They're right about the first part at least! ;)

Not gonna argue with that. Just wish they would stop saying it like it's got 1000 calories per sip lol.

SkinnyPupp 12-25-2009 07:45 PM

You could tell them that drinking a Coke is no worse than eating a bowl of rice, in terms of the amount of sugar you get, and the insulin spike it gives you. I doubt they'll believe you, but it's the truth.

YK86 12-25-2009 10:51 PM

Yeah, they probably won't:(. But thanks for the info!

That last person that told me coke is super bad was saying while she was eating a banana split with all the toppings at Dairy Queen. Like that's any better lol.

SkinnyPupp 12-26-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YK86 (Post 6742869)
Yeah, they probably won't:(. But thanks for the info!

That last person that told me coke is super bad was saying while she was eating a banana split with all the toppings at Dairy Queen. Like that's any better lol.

LOL exactly! Or the idea of 'healthy' cereal