REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   any reviews on Italian Kitchen? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601028-any-reviews-italian-kitchen.html)

tiger_handheld 12-29-2009 01:06 PM

any reviews on Italian Kitchen?

as always dinehere.ca reviews are all over the place.

1) how is the food
2) how big are the portions
3) i'm going with 20+ ppl - what do you say?
4) any last words?

we have decided NOT to go to Red Door thanks to reviews from RS!

LanEvoMR 12-29-2009 01:29 PM

1) not worth the $$
2) decently sized, depends how much of a pig you are
3) what am I supposed to say?
4) are you going to kill me?

!Aznboi128 12-29-2009 02:17 PM

1) Decent, not the best for the $
2) small depending on dish
3) go somewhere else
4) it's a great place for a couple to go for a semi-fancy dinner but quite $ for the food, Italian tomato in richmond no # and bridgeport would be a much better place for 20+ people

miss_crayon 12-29-2009 05:21 PM

1) how is the food
2) how big are the portions
3) i'm going with 20+ ppl - what do you say?
4) any last words?

1. food is meh...i know it's the same glowbal,trattoria etc etc but it really wasn't a big hit to me.
2. portions are decent for dt pricing
3. 20+ people is doable, we use to go here for our company parties which had 30+
4. why dont you try out these places yourself on your own time and decide for yourself if you want your party to be there as well. rs can only give you so many opinions but when it comes down to it, you're gonna have to decide if you like it or not. some might like it, but some might not. all comes down to the person.

kazuki 12-29-2009 11:10 PM

1. Truffle sauce pasta with kobe meatballs is amazing! The other stuff is nothing special.

2. Decent sized portions.

3. 20 ppl is fine.

4. I only go there for the truffle pasta.

observer 01-03-2010 02:57 PM

Nothing special at Italian Kitchen.

hotong 01-03-2010 09:38 PM

1) food is not bad
2) portion are a fair size
3)20+ people shouldn't be a problem.

aznrsx1979 01-04-2010 09:20 PM

1) it's not bad. definately not the worst italian i've had in town.
2) i found the portions pretty average sized
3) should be ok for 20 people
4) for the money there's better options if you're intent on italian food.

Durrann1984 01-04-2010 11:21 PM

the pizza is pretty good
but not big portions and over priced

nothing really special good to try once

Meowjin 01-05-2010 02:17 AM

bad food horrible prices.

/thread.

granted i eat everything so i still ate what was in front of me.

Harvey Specter 01-05-2010 02:29 AM

I go to Italian Kitchen pretty often, maybe like 2-3 times a month. Like already mentioned, the kobe meatballs are amazing but it's the same meatballs you can get at Glowbal. The portions are alright, I don't eat much so the portions are fine for me but my friends have complained the portions are too small.

And now for my rant...the service is beyond shit. I've complained to the bald, Persian guy who I believe is one of the managers and every time I've complained he's offered to cover a drink or appetizer. I don't think he gets the point; I don't want free food, I want you to do something about the piss poor service. To be fair, there is like 2 waiters that give you excellent service but the rest are rude and have no clue about service like if you walk by and see an empty glass, ask the person if they want a refill. When you do ask for a refill, you'll get it after your meal. Glowbal also has service issues, seems like a problem with this particular resturant group.

bcrdukes 01-05-2010 07:27 AM

From my observations of this post, I get the overall feeling that the Glowbal group is realy only out there for your money, not to provider a proper food and hospitality service. I've never been wow'd by any of their establishments so nowhere in the near future will they be receiving my patronage.

Expresso 01-05-2010 08:38 AM

^^^The probably 'look' at other assets when they go through the hiring process.

Meowjin 01-05-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Gekko (Post 6755607)
I go to Italian Kitchen pretty often, maybe like 2-3 times a month. Like already mentioned, the kobe meatballs are amazing but it's the same meatballs you can get at Glowbal. The portions are alright, I don't eat much so the portions are fine for me but my friends have complained the portions are too small.

And now for my rant...the service is beyond shit. I've complained to the bald, Persian guy who I believe is one of the managers and every time I've complained he's offered to cover a drink or appetizer. I don't think he gets the point; I don't want free food, I want you to do something about the piss poor service. To be fair, there is like 2 waiters that give you excellent service but the rest are rude and have no clue about service like if you walk by and see an empty glass, ask the person if they want a refill. When you do ask for a refill, you'll get it after your meal. Glowbal also has service issues, seems like a problem with this particular resturant group.

It's a vancouver problem. Girls probably think they "work" in the industry and would rather flirt with drug dealers and take shots behind the bar than to make money.

observer 01-09-2010 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HachiSix (Post 6755771)
^^^The probably 'look' at other assets when they go through the hiring process.

I much prefer the service at Cactus Club over any Glowbal restaurant any day.