REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Ski/snowboard: Inexpensive beginner gear (clothing)?

I want to get my gf into snowboarding but she doesn't want to invest too much before deciding if she's into it.

We got her a decent jacket and some good gloves, but she's still missing pants. Where's a good place to go for the cheaper variety ($50-75)?
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Two places.

Craigslist.

and

Sports Junkies.

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Banned By Establishment

just look around and you can find deals. Check out Comor, sports check or boardroom. You be able to find something in your price range. Just talk to a salesperson and tell them you have a budget.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

want pants?

I have an extra pair of women's small burton snowboard pants

they're brown and i've only worn twice
want them for $50?
fille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Sport check and sport mart you can usually find some decent deals.

As for used...ewwwwwwwwwwwww.

But honestly for pants, the cheaper you go, the less water resistant they are and you get a cold butt.

If you are learning and are constantly falling / sitting on the snow, the last thing you want is to be cold.
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

www.backcountry.com

look for the outlet icon
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

IMO don't cheap out on gear especially clothing. you wanna have good quality stuff that's durable and water repellent and she probly wants to look cute while she's boarding too lol. If you're looking to save money somewhere look into buying a used board and bindings. That being said you don't need to buy top of the line clothing there are bargains out there you just have to look around or wait for the off season when stores clear out all their shit. Also, I don't think I know anyone who has tried snowboarding and didn't enjoy it =)
Abstraktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #8
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

MEC
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraktz View Post
Also, I don't think I know anyone who has tried snowboarding and didn't enjoy it =)
same here. I've had friends come back injured while learning to board and they're still at it.
saveth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
Used = yuck!

You an get a cheap beginner pair at Sportchek for $100 or less. If you're going to spend $75, minus well spend an extra $25 on a new pair.

...or rent some snow pants if you're really cheap.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #11
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraktz View Post
IMO don't cheap out on gear especially clothing. you wanna have good quality stuff that's durable and water repellent and she probly wants to look cute while she's boarding too lol. If you're looking to save money somewhere look into buying a used board and bindings. That being said you don't need to buy top of the line clothing there are bargains out there you just have to look around or wait for the off season when stores clear out all their shit. Also, I don't think I know anyone who has tried snowboarding and didn't enjoy it =)
+1 There's no point spending $50 on a pair of shit pants, and have her cold and wet on the first day cuz most likely she'll spend time on her ass. And say she did enjoy it, besides being cold and wet, she'd have to go back out there and buy another pair for $150.

I always wanted to try boarding but never did until my bf got me into it. We started assembling my gear throughout a period of time, making dedicated days for certain items and just making a day of it. He was really into picking everythign out for me and made it fun. The big thing is getting a good waterproof jacket with a snowskirt, good snowpants, and gloves. Those things you can always use. I found most of my stuff on W4th at all the boarding shops around Boxing Day. I got brand new bindings for a great deal from a friend on Facebook. Try asking around.

I say if she's tight on cash, borrow a friends, give it a shot before buying any gear she won't be using.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote