REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 01-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #101
I bringith the lowerballerith

i think he got a white m3 with black rims now too lol
Advertisement

1992 Black Acura Integra GS-R #470
kookoobird88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #102
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.g View Post
lol i somehow thought of ve the moment i see these cars
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #103
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

looked better stock
SRTOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:31 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoobird88 View Post
i think he got a white m3 with black rims now too lol
Jesus where do you get your info???
just wondering cuz its mostly true
Dtox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #105
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

hey guys, glad you like my ride! I had the first matte black GTR in Van I don't mind that the fad is going crazy but it's definetly got me thinking of doing something else. I was considering a flat deep green....don't know, it's different, could be cool. No time soon though.
gtr444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 AM   #106
I want to be a person and not an icon.

Thanked 5,286 Times in 892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtox89 View Post
I think you are getting some valentine cards from RS this year.
Vale46Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:55 AM   #107
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Quote:
Yes it does piss me off could you please delete that pic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr444 View Post
hey guys, glad you like my ride! I had the first matte black GTR in Van I don't mind that the fad is going crazy but it's definetly got me thinking of doing something else. I was considering a flat deep green....don't know, it's different, could be cool. No time soon though.
so there are two owners of this car?
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
so there are two owners of this car?
From what I have read in the past, I believe one GTR is GTR owner and Dtox is the lamborghini owner.

If only I won tonights Max-Millions
Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #109
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Nice car, flat deep green would look awesome, kind of like the Reventon color. Do you have engine mods? if this is the right car I'm talking about that is. Was driving beside it about one month ago on the highway in Coquitlam, sounded crazy.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 AM   #110

nope just one lol. The second flat black gtr was done maybe a month or so after mine. The pics posted earlier from exoticspotter and fchat were taken by a guy from my gym. That gtr is not the one you see all the time with the Lambo. Those two are buddies, I just recently met the two of them.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:05 AM   #111

ya I've got motor mods, downpipe, midpipe, catback, titanium exhaust system. Cobb ECU tuning. lol and ya it's loud as hell now, I love it. It's lowered as well and has 22 inch rims on it now. Just did those, don't have many pics up.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 AM   #112
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dub View Post
That vinyl job is the best that can be done. You can't really do anything to hide the orange because the oj paint is highlighted in the door jams etc. If he had a black car underneath you wouldn't be able to tell at all. There is no one in the world that does vinyl that can hide all the orange.
I call bullshit. Look at the following picture:

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Dub View Post
It's obvious they just laid the vinyl over top the car and cut it at the various panel gaps. Considering some of the extreme angles needed to cover the front and rear of the car, it wouldn't be any more difficult to open up the doors and fill in at least a portion of the door jam. Hell, even covering the first inside inch or so of the side mirrors would require little more than moving the mirror itself around while laying the vinyl. As it is, it just looks like a cheap Maaco paint job. I'm sure if this was any other car than a Lambo, the rest of you would be saying the same thing.

As for the guy above saying flat black is "going crazy," well... hate to break it to you but it was going crazy twenty years ago when all the hot rodders decided to spray bomb their '30's coupes and '50's trucks with BBQ paint. It's just recently become "cool" to give a $100,000+ car that spray bomb look.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2010, 01:27 AM   #113
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I call bullshit. Look at the following picture:

It's obvious they just laid the vinyl over top the car and cut it at the various panel gaps. Considering some of the extreme angles needed to cover the front and rear of the car, it wouldn't be any more difficult to open up the doors and fill in at least a portion of the door jam. Hell, even covering the first inside inch or so of the side mirrors would require little more than moving the mirror itself around while laying the vinyl. As it is, it just looks like a cheap Maaco paint job. I'm sure if this was any other car than a Lambo, the rest of you would be saying the same thing.

As for the guy above saying flat black is "going crazy," well... hate to break it to you but it was going crazy twenty years ago when all the hot rodders decided to spray bomb their '30's coupes and '50's trucks with BBQ paint. It's just recently become "cool" to give a $100,000+ car that spray bomb look.
You find me a guy in Vancouver that can do a better job and I will vinyl my car. It just so happens that the gaps between the panels on the Lambo are bigger than other cars. Show me pics of another car that has done vinyl with a bright base coat and a dark finish on top. There is only so much you can do with the vinyl to cover up those areas...
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #114

ya I'm aware it was a hot rod style back in the day...sorry, what I should've said is it's back and going crazy again
Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 AM   #115
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dub View Post
You find me a guy in Vancouver that can do a better job and I will vinyl my car. It just so happens that the gaps between the panels on the Lambo are bigger than other cars. Show me pics of another car that has done vinyl with a bright base coat and a dark finish on top. There is only so much you can do with the vinyl to cover up those areas...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3LPfHk3gKo

Notice how these guys actually filled in the door jams and all around the glass engine cover. That's what I was referring to in my last post. In the picture I used as an example, you can see a bunch of orange from parts of the car that they didn't bother wrapping.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #116
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3LPfHk3gKo

Notice how these guys actually filled in the door jams and all around the glass engine cover. That's what I was referring to in my last post. In the picture I used as an example, you can see a bunch of orange from parts of the car that they didn't bother wrapping.
In that video you can't tell but in person I guarantee that you will still see bits of red. That technique is used by all vinyl applicators in the industry. The fact is, after speaking with 4-5+ owners of cars from LA (where it's very popular there) and actually looking at the cars, you can't hide the bright base color.

Like I said, if you know anyone that can do a better job please let me know!
b-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 AM   #117

I would agree with B-dub, this is because if you have seen the Aston Martin (Matte White) from Luxury Super Car Weekend the car used to be a very light color and it has a really nice job done... and other cars in lowermainland area are all wrapped by the same person if i remembered correctly.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #118
I subscribe to Revscene

So many flat blacks in Vancouver now, it's getting annoying.

I shall flatblack my TL at SR.....no, I was just kidding.

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #119
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
ya I've got motor mods, downpipe, midpipe, catback, titanium exhaust system. Cobb ECU tuning. lol and ya it's loud as hell now, I love it. It's lowered as well and has 22 inch rims on it now. Just did those, don't have many pics up.
Looks good. I was just wondering have you seen the Switzer GTR's? I heardthose are putting out 700+hp
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:42 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamehustla View Post
no need to worry about rock chips. that's awesome
Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #121
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkayem View Post
So many flat blacks in Vancouver now, it's getting annoying.

I shall flatblack my TL at SR.....no, I was just kidding.
Hey Clems,

If you do, you will the the one and only TL-S in North America to do it!! It will be unique for sure. Not even anyone has done it at AZ yet to my surprise!! I seen an IS350 with Matte Black and it looks pretty sick!!!
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #122

Quote:
Well one day I was talking to a buddy of mine and i said i saw this sick lambo with a young guy driving with a N then he said oh yea this and that and something about peter wall. Then one of my coworkers pointed him out in a bentley or aston i cant remember, lol ive seen him in both now. then i saw him get the white m3 with you. a lot of just word of mouth.
lol it must be kinda creepy ppl know stuff about you, im just sayin what i hear sorry if any offense, btw that white M3 looks awesome lucky

Old 01-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #123

Quote:
Well one day I was talking to a buddy of mine and i said i saw this sick lambo with a young guy driving with a N then he said oh yea this and that and something about peter wall. Then one of my coworkers pointed him out in a bentley or aston i cant remember, lol ive seen him in both now. then i saw him get the white m3 with you. a lot of just word of mouth.
lol it must be kinda creepy ppl know stuff about you, im just sayin what i hear sorry if any offense, btw that white M3 looks awesome lucky
haha all good man was just curious. yea a bit odd but nothing you can really do, just try not to be a douche bag lol
Old 01-09-2010, 04:03 PM   #124

werd, so are those both your cars?
trade for integra? lol

Old 01-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #125

Quote:
werd, so are those both your cars?
trade for integra? lol
haha yea got 560 about a year and a half ago and got the M3 for christmas.