REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Warning and Violation ticket? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601436-warning-violation-ticket.html)

98blklude 01-02-2010 07:44 PM

Warning and Violation ticket?

I was just pulled over earlier this evening, doing about 10 km/hour over the speed limit in a municipality. After the officer went to their vehicle with my license and registration she came back and said she was going to let me go, but still gave me the violation ticket. Has this happened to anyone before? If the violation ticket is written out, then that must mean I didnt get a warning, is where my thoughts are at. I would appreciate it if someone could give me clarification on this, thanks.

skidmark 01-02-2010 07:59 PM

Probably the only one that could clarify this properly is the issuing officer.

98blklude 01-02-2010 08:00 PM

So I guess the best bet is for me to go to ICBC and ask if its on my record then?

Gnomes 01-02-2010 08:23 PM

Maybe she meant let you go on your way rather than holding you some more?

DasHooch 01-02-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomes (Post 6752376)
Maybe she meant let you go on your way rather than holding you some more?

Ha, let you off with just a ticket instead of jail or shot in the knee.

The few tickets I've seen given out as a warnings were not filled out completely. That will be an awkward phone call, but at least you will find out either way.

hirevtuner 01-02-2010 09:23 PM

had a written warning on my tints a while back guess the officer was having a good day not giving me a ticket to pay for

CRS 01-02-2010 11:31 PM

Is the ticket completely filled out?

sho_bc 01-03-2010 03:14 PM

Are all portions of the ticket filled out? And were you being let off with a warning for the speeding, or something else that was wrong?

wing_woo 01-03-2010 06:06 PM

I've got a written warning before. The officer wrote right on the ticket that it's a warning ticket. Does it have a fine amount? Mine said warning right on the ticket with no fine amount and I didn't have to pay anything. The ticket itself is exactly the same as the violation tickets you get that you have to pay and all the officer did was write it up like a normal ticket but wrote "written warning" across the ticket where they explain the violation and left the fine blank.

Soundy 01-04-2010 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6752350)
Probably the only one that could clarify this properly is the issuing officer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 98blklude (Post 6752353)
So I guess the best bet is for me to go to ICBC and ask if its on my record then?

:facepalm: