REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Home Buyer's Plan (RRSP)

Hi, I'm hoping someone can answer my question.

situation: August 2007 I bought a condo and lived there until the end of April 2009. May 2009 I rented it and moved back home because my mom was sick and I wanted to be with her. Living at home have allowed me to save up quite a bit (20K) in 8months. I want to purchase a house and keep renting out my condo because my renter wants to sign another 2yr lease. However, I do not want to live at home any longer and my mom is doing better now. What I want to do is max out my RRSP from the savings and use it towards a down payment later on next year (fall) with the HBP.

Question(s): Will I qualify for it? I never use HBP when I purchased the condo. Or do I have to wait 4yrs like what the condition stated.

HBP condition - You have to be considered a first-time home buyer.
You are not considered a first-time home buyer if you or your spouse or common-law partner owned a home that you occupied as your principal place of residence during the period beginning January 1 of the fourth year before the year of withdrawal and ending 31 days before your withdrawal

thanks.
Advertisement
amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

I think you have to wait the 5 years. as you are not a "first time buyer"
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
I think you have to wait the 5 years. as you are not a "first time buyer"
I thought so to initially... but then I read this:

Who can participate in the HBP? and How many times?

You can participate in the HBP more than once in your lifetime if:
your HBP balance for your previous participation is fully repaid at the beginning of the year you want your participation in the HBP to occur; and
you met all the other HBP conditions that apply to your situation

I'm trying to find answers to whether or not I qualify since I never used HBP but I did buy a place two years ago. still searching and hopefully someone will reply by then.
amok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

What you typed out after that question does not apply to you, so it is not a "but".
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/t.../frst-eng.html

It doesn't matter that you haven't used your HBP on your first purchase.
aznrsx1979 is offline   Reply With Quote