REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   might buy a Upass off someone (https://www.revscene.net/forums/601479-might-buy-upass-off-someone.html)

m5driver 01-03-2010 12:59 PM

might buy a Upass off someone

thinking of buying a Upass off craiglist and was thinking do the transit drivers ever look to see the picture, and how safe is it to buy one and use one and not get caught. anyone here done it before or used someone elses upass. just dont want to pay for month pass, when im not working at the moment but need to get around.
just asking do they really look at the pic

the guy thats selling it to me said he used his roomates upass for the entire summer and didnt get caught since the pic is so small they never bother to look. and if u do get caught just say u took ur roomates upass by mistake

lowside67 01-03-2010 01:05 PM

First fail.

FN-2199 01-03-2010 01:07 PM

With personal experience with the UPass, I can definitely say that you should be good to go. I took a semester off of SFU, and I ended up using some guy's from UBC (that I found. Shh.) and didn't have any problems.

Just be careful with the transit cops on the skytrain. They're more anal than bus drivers and B-Line fare checkers, and actually look at the picture.

m5driver 01-03-2010 01:13 PM

i cant afford the fine , but bus tickets are costing me a lot since im unemployed and need to get around to job search 4 week program everyday with Transistion on w pender.

liu13 01-03-2010 01:15 PM

smartest thing m5 driver has posted

ill probably be buying upasses off ubc kids for years, the upass fits perfect in my wallet and the face is pretty obscure, i'd recommend getting one off someone wearing glasses in the pic

FN-2199 01-03-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m5driver (Post 6753090)
i cant afford the fine , but bus tickets are costing me a lot since im unemployed and need to get around to job search 4 week program everyday with Transistion on w pender.

In that case, don't do it. Buy a legit bus pass for a month. It will save you a lot of hassle.

Besides, the Olympics are coming up and I'm sure they'll be beefing up transit security, which would only mean higher chances of you getting caught.

m5driver 01-03-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liu13 (Post 6753096)
smartest thing m5 driver has posted

ill probably be buying upasses off ubc kids for years, the upass fits perfect in my wallet and the face is pretty obscure, i'd recommend getting one off someone wearing glasses in the pic

you done it many times and you never got caught. meaning they dont really check hey.

liu13 01-03-2010 01:40 PM

nope haven't got caught, haven't even been checked this year yet and i ride the skytrain almost every day

lowside67 01-03-2010 01:44 PM

You guys are unbelievable. How much of a fucking fail at life do you have to be to try and scam a cheaper BUS PASS?

distanc3 01-03-2010 02:03 PM

If you buy the ones off craigslist its most likely a duplicate from the school, which I believe it does not scan through the bus. I know people usually just flash their Upass and go, but I've been asked on several occasions to scan my Upass in the machine, and the bus driver will double check with the picture as well. Better to stick with a bus pass.

jimzilla 01-03-2010 03:05 PM

can you afford the $173 fine?

miss_crayon 01-03-2010 03:10 PM

If you can't afford to pay the fines (if you are caught)/buy a legit bus pass then that's your probelm. Don't come on RS for tips/advice on how to cheat the effin' system. I'm closing this thread.