REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
RS.net Clothing Vendor

Will you ever shop on TheBlackmarkers.com ?

Hey guys, we are looking for some feedback of our website and hope you could spend some time to help us out. In return, we will randomly give out $20 gift certificates for any one who replied in this thread!

Basically, we want to know how you feel about our website. Do you think it looks professional? Would you trust this website enough to buy from them? How is the usability and navigation of the website design? Are you able to find what you want to find easily?

Are there any problems with the website? Website loading too slow? Pictures not good enough?

Any suggests or comments are greatly appreciated. Anything that could help us serve you better are vital to our business!
Advertisement

theBlackMarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I think you guys put together a great store. Is the shopping cart system fully customized?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

the website looks confusing to me.
having problem finding on sale items.
mmmmmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
i buy clothes based on cutting/fit and the material used, rather than whats printed on the tee. To me, a shirt with a good fit and material can look pretty good with just very simple designs or even none at all, just a logo.

because i cant tell the material and cutting from your website, it will be hard for me to buy the clothes.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
wants to know why blow-up dolls always look so surprised

i briefly checked out your site
although most of your products are not the style that im in the market for, it looks fairly well composed, albeit a little bit confusing in some areas like the filter.

i used to go do other online apparel shopping, and i enjoyed browsing sections like...recommendations, or popular picks
iam_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 AM   #6
RS controls my life!

Still wondering where my order is..
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:11 AM   #7
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Do you think it looks professional?YES Would you trust this website enough to buy from them?I dont purchase items online from random site, but you guys are sponsored of RS so its different story How is the usability and navigation of the website design? Design is simple and easy for navigationAre you able to find what you want to find easily? Yes, and love the category of COLOR

Are there any problems with the website? NopeWebsite loading too slow?It's a bit slower loading the picture Pictures not good enough? Decent
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
I bought a shirt with a pickup order, and it was easy enough. Finding your place in Parker Place was confusing though (hate that mall)

I like the site because it's simple, and easy to sort out things that I'm looking for, and there's good variety
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Avid shopper on ssense and revolveclothing. Took a look at your site several times but the clothing type is not my fit so I haven't purchased yet.

Things I do like is the search and categorization of the clothing.

However for the brands I think you should have the name of the brand corresponding to the logo, and not presenting just the logo itself.

Should conisder incorprating an index system on the side like revolveclothing has. The search option on your site is a little confusing, took some time to understand.

Big selling point for your site would be to incorporate free local shipping, even if you must hike up the prices of the items itself, very unappealing to see a $7+ shipping fee at the checkout after choosing all your items and thinking you've saved good money.
Posted via RS Mobile
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
I honestly hate your site after using it for 2 mins.

1. Searching sucks.
- Why does it take so long to enable/disable filters?
- Why does the category/brand left-side-menu collapse when I go to page 2?
- Why do I get returned to "mens" when I expand the category? I was on sweaters, I'd like to stay on sweaters and just see the other categories.
- Why that annoying drop down filter thing at the top? and why does it take so long to load?

2. No previews.
- If a move over an item I should beable to see a larger picture of it right away without having to click on the item.

3. Speed.
- I'll say it again: this site is slow. Mind-numbing slow. So slow that after 2 mins I got annoyed and would rather google search to find another store selling the same items - and it'd be faster!
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #11
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Navigation sucks big time. You have way too many Tees. The site loads slow.
The process of searching for an item that you've previously seen sucks, you might want a more obvious way of searching, IE a search bar.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #12
RS controls my life!

carry more 3sixteen and in size smalls...
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
(7125 Viewing)

Ye I think you guys should take a survey for sizes. Which one is more popular size S M L XL so that your inventory of stock will up and go all the time

BTW maybe its just me but if you guys will put some G-star, Energie, R&R and other designers stuff it would be great.

^^ IMO

BTW for the site being slow tell your website designer/ developer to put a preloader so that it wouldn't be slow in loading inventory.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #14
RS controls my life!

Main concern is speed. Other than that, all others are minor problems.

Maybe expand on the brands you carry? Would like to see some more street brand as well as hip-hop Tees (IE: Wu-Tang!)
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #15
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plush View Post
Ye I think you guys should take a survey for sizes. Which one is more popular size S M L XL so that your inventory of stock will up and go all the time

BTW maybe its just me but if you guys will put some G-star, Energie, R&R and other designers stuff it would be great.

^^ IMO

BTW for the site being slow tell your website designer/ developer to put a preloader so that it wouldn't be slow in loading inventory.
they are more of a street wear company
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
(7125 Viewing)

Ye the speed its just a matter of organizing the code. The picture size is correct I think the programmer of the site did something wrong with the php or java script structure.

You need to correct this issue guys since if you guys is planning to have a big sale it will broke the site for to much traffic and etc.

The best example of the site that you guys want to be is the

http://www.ssense.com/
Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 PM   #17
(7125 Viewing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filth View Post
they are more of a street wear company
OIC
Old 01-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Loading, as previously mentioned, is quite slow, but I did find some decency in the way the products were laid out (it's pretty concrete in the presentation, better than some sites I've seen), although the category organization could use a bit of a cleanup.

I would shop on the site if I had reason to do so, if the site was a bit quicker and cleaner.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
i have used it couple of times
worked pretty good for me
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i love the site! very organized and i love how you guys sell alot of brands and are local!
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #21
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
I had actually went to the site and found it a little confusing navigating through items. Although I love the overall look and feel of the site, it is very professional. I had not ordered anything from you guys yet so I can not comment on the checkout process. I like how u guys set the product description and also how the pictures change in the product description. one issue, i think it might just be with my computer though, but the Help tab blocks one of the links behind it. And I also like the pop out search filter.

Hope i was of any assistance.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #22
Banned (BBM)

overall the site looks alrit, didnt have problem using it. BUt what the problem may lay within is there still isnt enough crowd getting use to shop online vs physically going down to the store and make a purchase.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #23
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I love browsing online and seeing what's new, what's in stock.

I just hate not being able to try anything on. Fit is super important. :P So if you don't open a retail outlet, I find it hard to order anything other than accessories. Rather than a general "sizing guide" you could make a unique size chart per item? It's a lot of additional work, though, so I doubt that'll happen.

The site looks clean and professional, if not too white. Maybe try a light gray background color, to make it easier on the eyes to browse? Being able to filter by brand/category/size is nice.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
Need to Seek Professional Help

I think would be better for a customer if there is a category/section for all the "Sale" items and if there is an option to arrange items from Lowest to Highest, High to Low as well.

Other than that, the site is easy to navigate.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #25
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I like the layout and the navigation but the site is a little slow. The video part is a nice touch where it shows you the angles of the item. I definitely trust the site but I haven't found anything I quite like yet.