REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

forex brokers. who do you use?

its hard to choose fx brokers in canada...i have been demoing with forestyard and questradefx.com. buddy of mine uses whizetrade (4x easy, not so easy )

deciding if i should try oanada..com

any suggestions out there? what other brokers accept cdns?
Advertisement
homey_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I've never used any of the demos you've posted so I can't comment on those but oanda also has a demo you can try before putting the real $$$ on the line. I use oanda and it's been great so far. Great customer service, awesome spreads, variety of different currency pairs to choose from. Only downside to oanda is there charts suck. I use FXCM for charts and place actual trades with oanda. And Oanda does accept your account to be in canadian dollars or practically any currency you want for that matter.

Cheers
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
RS controls my life!

Don't you have to fill up a form for tax withholding (whatever it is) for US investment fund? I'm not sure what that is but perhaps you can explain it to me.

So, do you trade in FXCM as well, or just with Oanda? Why Oanda chart is suck? Need some advice...
GomGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 AM   #4
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

To be honest i'm not sure whats gonna happen with the tax process right now because I put money in my account without thinking about income tax, should've thought about that before putting my money in LOL

And no I don't trade FXCM, I only use there demo account for charts and you can make it as many times as you like because it expires every 30 days or so. But making the demo account takes less then 30 seconds. I COULD use FXCM because they do accept British Columbian traders (a lot of brokers don't) but I choose not to simply because in my opinion it's a bit simpler to place trades with oanda's platform.

And I don't like oanda's charts because they don't have candlesticks and most of my trading is done through technical analysis so having a good chart system with candlesticks is important for me.

I'd visit this website if I were you

www.babypips.com/school
van_driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

Interactive does it, no?
JDMStyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

how does withdrawing work with ooando? do you have to pay a fee? or do they mail cheques to you whenever you request?
nano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano View Post
how does withdrawing work with ooando? do you have to pay a fee? or do they mail cheques to you whenever you request?
they will only allow withdrawals in the same fashion you deposit in. So if you sent a cheque they will send a cheque.
ws6ta is offline   Reply With Quote