REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-08-2010, 07:11 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Why People Should Lose Their License

So I was parking in my underground spot at home, and forgot to put my parking brake on. As I was getting out of my car it rolled slowly forward and crunched my license plate. I thought "shit, you've only parked here a million times before, how could you be so stupid?".

So I thought, how many times have I actually parked here in the last 5 years? I drive less than most people (to work once each day and a couple trips on the weekend, the rest of the time I walk or Skytrain around). I figure I make on average 1.5 trips per day, which I'm sure is low for The Lower Mainland. So in 5 years I've made about 2,750 trips which means I've parked at home 2,750 times. Then I didn't feel so bad - only one minor mistake in 2,750 tries. That's pretty good.

Then I got to thinking, most people around here have probably parked their car thousands of times. Even a newer driver for less than a year should be closing in on the 1,000 mark.

So how come after doing a task thousands of times over and over, you STILL CAN'T FUCKING PARK. I mean, if you got a new job you will get the hang of things in a few days or weeks. Would your employer keep you around if you still didn't get it after performing the same task 1,000 times?

Clearly you people shouldn't have your license for one simple fact: You don't know how to remain in full control of, and operate your vehicle. You don't understand the controls, concepts like time & distance and have a very poor ability to understand spatial relationships. And if you aren't able to remain in full control of your vehicle under all circumstances then you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I think people should have to park their car 5 times on a road test, in all sorts of conditions, and within a set time limit, and if you can't do that you fail. Better yet is an obstacle course you have to complete to show you know how to properly operate and navigate with your vehicle.

Discuss
Advertisement
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

So by your logic, since you could not maintain complete control of your car you should not have a license as well.

Also by your logic, only the best drivers are able to drive as they must past an completely arbitrary and stringent/difficult driving exam with time limits (which makes no sense in the context of drive) and obsticle courses?
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:38 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Why so angry in the morning?
oinkoinkpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I believe it was Mario Andretty who said theses words: If I am comforable and in complete control, then i'm not going fast enough.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
there are many people who grad from high school received 12 yrs of education sometimes cant do 99+101 without a calculator

Don't change the world, let the world changes you. If people park crooked, then you park crooked beside them. Problem solved
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oinkoinkpig View Post
Why so angry in the morning?
he needs captain howard to teach him about WOOOOSAAAAAAAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fuYMWebfPI
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 AM   #7
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
how can u make 1.5 trips a day?
if 1 complete trip includes includes u leaving the house for what ever reason, and comming back home.
in this case, u left ur house, came back home, and left ur house without comming back home...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
how can u make 1.5 trips a day?
if 1 complete trip includes includes u leaving the house for what ever reason, and comming back home.
in this case, u left ur house, came back home, and left ur house without comming back home...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthehalfbee View Post
I figure I make on average 1.5 trips per day, which I'm sure is low for The Lower Mainland.
Read carefully.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #9
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
So by your logic, since you could not maintain complete control of your car you should not have a license as well.

Also by your logic, only the best drivers are able to drive as they must past an completely arbitrary and stringent/difficult driving exam with time limits (which makes no sense in the context of drive) and obsticle courses?
you should see how people from finland get their licences.

just like what you said.

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post

So if I make a mistake 1 time in 6,000 parking jobs I should lose my license?

What about the people who fail at parking every single time? They need 3-4 tries to parallel park there car, or after 3 tries they finally realize their car doesn't fit and the drive off. Or they have to get someone to leave the vehicle and guide them into the spot. Of they have to go back and forth 5 times to enter a spot any competent driver could do in one pass.

If these losers can't even do something as simple and easy as parking a car after thousands of attempts then they have some sort of mental or learning defect and shouldn't be allowed to operate something as dangerous as an automobile.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #11
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
I wouldnt say they have a mental or learning defect. They just dont have a penis.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #12
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Brain farts happen. I keep forgetting to put my car in park and leave it in 1st gear when turning the engine off.
I've noticed anybody who drives my car (3-4 people so far) never put on the parking brake when the return it to me! I guess they are afraid of the old style one getting stuck (you know the ones where you pull up a bit to press the button then let it go down) and are afraid to set it

Parking I can live with (unless they damage my car), but people who are just plain stupid should lose their license. I keep almost getting sideswiped by idiots who think their lane is the only one that is a left turn one...then they just almost drive into me in the middle of the turn and think I am the one that is wrong. There are also people who turn like they are driving a fucking 18 wheeler and turn insanely wide. I drive a fucking SUV and I can turn without getting into the second lane and yet someone in a 3 series needs a wider turning radius?
Also saw some idiot driving with the left 30% of his car in my lane and the rest in the other...he kept at it for 2-3 blocks! It was a small car too...
Then there is the beige corolla that was trying to merge into my lane (I had right of way)...he kept going at my speed and basically kept driving into me until we were cm's apart ( I didn't speed up or slow down).

These people need to get tickets for this shit (and lose license if it continues), as its dangerous and they keep doing it. So parking is the least of my worries...
[/rant]
ivanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #13
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post

just like what you said.
and the easiest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfLNqjh4j0

is this the OP's first time webraging?
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ hahaha.. that explain the taxi driver in vancouver .... !!!!!!!
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

danny_d19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
I think people should get re-tested every few years. From the gov't point of view, imagine all the fees they could collect!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
And Sweden for that matter. Now there's a driving test!
Old 01-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #18
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I've never understood why people never put on their parking brakes. Seen at least a dozen cars (manual) roll over several hours. One of the most retarded + avoidable sources of accidents. Is it that hard to step on a pedal or pull a handle every time you stop the car?

Just make it a habit, like putting on your seat belt. Problem solved. I use mine all the time, even on flat ground.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

mine is a foot e-brake, so when i get into a car that has a hand brake, i stomp on the invisible e-brake. damn you muscle memory.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
mine is a foot e-brake, so when i get into a car that has a hand brake, i stomp on the invisible e-brake. damn you muscle memory.
Whenever I start an auto car, I stomp on the footrest
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
^ hahaha.. that explain the taxi driver in vancouver .... !!!!!!!
you sir, are a motherfucking idiot.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-11-2010, 07:06 AM   #22

Re-testing every couple years doesn't do a thing if the test is too easy to pass. I mean, don't you still have to parallel park on your driving test? So how did these idiots that I see fail at parallel parking every day get their license in the first place?

Yes, you can have a brain fart. I'm not talking about a mistake - I'm talking about a complete lack of a simple skill that any monkey should be able to learn after repeating it a thousand times.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:35 PM   #23
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts
hey OP, you should redo your road test. your post is full of fail, its not worth reading either.

first of all you admit how much of an idiot you are, then you get agitated by other drivers who just suck. but in this case, you're full of suck too.

in hong kong, im not sure if it applies still but if a cop sees you NOT pulling your handbrake on a complete stop, they're allowed to give you a ticket.

btw OP crunch some more license plates.
monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Re-testing means shit. During a test everyones puts aside their bad habits for 40 mins. Driving is easy. It's bad habits that make you a bad driver.
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,063 Times in 1,182 Posts
Re-testing will hopefully get c-lais and many seniors off the road.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote