REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Female workout/exercise website (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602140-female-workout-exercise-website.html)

trd2343 01-09-2010 12:17 PM

Female workout/exercise website

I have a friend who's interested in getting fit and also strengthening her whole body and core muscle.

Is there any website that has a good list of exercise that she can start with?

RayBot 01-09-2010 12:24 PM

www.brasspoledancing.com

trd2343 01-09-2010 12:27 PM

Link's not working.

She's not interested in getting ripped or body building. She just wants to get fit again.

RayBot 01-09-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reamemiya (Post 6762398)
Link's not working.

She's not interested in getting ripped or body building. She just wants to get fit again.

Its a fake link....its just a joke. Just wanted to point it out....don't wanna offend any of the women here in Revsceneworld :)

Inaii 01-09-2010 01:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfNA_lmkHM

tell her to follow the boot camp workout. friend of mine does it and finds it works really well.

waddy41 01-09-2010 02:56 PM

i've been doing shaun t's beachbody insanity program..
for me it has helped with my fitness level and endurance....
this program can be done at home and does not require any equipment

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2010 06:54 PM

Getting fit for females is no different than it is for males. How "ripped" and "built" you get is determined by the work you put in, and your diet. Not your sex.

jeffh 01-09-2010 07:35 PM

^ wa? womenz are more trying to get toned, mens are trying to get more strong.
i dont see women rocking the heavy lifts because they dont want to look like men.

thats kind of retarded

L0uie69 01-09-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6762873)
Getting fit for females is no different than it is for males. How "ripped" and "built" you get is determined by the work you put in, and your diet. Not your sex.

Sex plays a major part in the growth of muscle. Women do not produce nearly as close to the amount of testosterone as male making them harder to get "jacked." Estrogen stimulates the body to store more body fat, which is why female has higher essential body fat compared to males.

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L0uie69 (Post 6762937)
Sex plays a major part in the growth of muscle. Women do not produce nearly as close to the amount of testosterone as male making them harder to get "jacked." Estrogen stimulates the body to store more body fat, which is why female has higher essential body fat compared to males.

Of course the end result is going to be different. But in terms of mechanics, how to work out, what to eat, etc. That is all the same.

RRxtar 01-09-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6762873)

i dont know what girls you know or what they do at the gym, but the most in shape and sexy girls at my gym do high reps with low weight, at a good intensity. not low reps of high weight like the 'big guys'

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2010 07:52 PM

Then they are stupid

Inaii 01-09-2010 07:53 PM

wouldn't it take longer to build muscle if you do high rep but use a low weight?

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2010 07:57 PM

Of course it would.

All the girls you see at the gym doing 300 lateral thigh raises and rolling around on the bosi ball would probably look just the same if they didn't go to the gym at all. Or not much worse.

If you want results, you have to put in the work. Whether you are male or female. The results will obviously be different, but the work has to be the same. Your body doesn't magically work differently because you are female.

L0uie69 01-09-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6762948)
i dont know what girls you know or what they do at the gym, but the most in shape and sexy girls at my gym do high reps with low weight, at a good intensity. not low reps of high weight like the 'big guys'

There is nothing wrong with women doing low reps and higher weight. How else would a anyone get stronger without overloading their CNS? Again just because "big guys" do heavy weight doesn't mean a women is going to have the same results as them in terms of visual appearance.

I don't see any other benefits a female would have if they were to squat 85lbs for 20+ reps other than improving their muscle endurance.

By increasing the load you increase the motor unit recruitment/activation.

Volvo-brickster 01-09-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waddy41 (Post 6762560)
i've been doing shaun t's beachbody insanity program..
for me it has helped with my fitness level and endurance....
this program can be done at home and does not require any equipment

i hate that program so much :haha:

did it once and was scarred from it :D

waddy41 01-09-2010 11:14 PM

^ it's not that bad....just give it an honest effort
for the last 10 mins of the work out...i'm dead and just lying on the floor

miss_crayon 01-10-2010 06:13 PM

a rs member on here is a personal trainer (he was/is mine for the past 2 years) and a job he does is putting together exercise regimes for people. so if your friend contacts him, he could put a specific routine for her according to ability and all that.

pm me for more info!

Kim Jong Un 01-10-2010 06:22 PM

contact me ; )