REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Recovering from a car accident (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602185-recovering-car-accident.html)

Inaii 01-09-2010 08:02 PM

Recovering from a car accident

Does anyone know where I can find a good assortment of exercises/stretches online? I'm looking for things that will be easy on my back, as the injury is around my lumbar as well as my knee (knee stems from an old rugby injury though, so I'm not too worried about that one, mainly my back).

I know some of you will say go to physio, but as I am currently lacking employment, I cannot afford it. But I'd like to be able to do things like dishes and laundry without my back being in excruciating pain after 5-10 minutes.

Can anyone help?

L0uie69 01-09-2010 08:13 PM

what are the limitations if any? is there any movements that cause discomfort or pain?

Inaii 01-09-2010 08:17 PM

Repetitious bending will increase the pain, as will standing still or slightly bent over for long periods of time. Unfortunately jogging also seems to create the pain on an almost intolerable level (learned that one running for a bus), but stairs seem to be okay (we have a lot of stairs in my house). Lifting heavy objects (I'd say over 20lbs) and anything that causes my back muscles to tighten causes pain as well.

I know this severely limits what I can do, but I'm willing to work through the pain and tolerate it if it means getting better and back to normal.

Nismo200SX 01-28-2010 09:35 PM

I was in the same situation. I couldn't sit down properly for more than a few mins without severe pain. I had to load up the couch with pillows which put me at a 75 degree incline just to hang out in front of the TV and play video games.

after 4 months of physio that didn't do shit all, basically a TENS machine, Ultrasound, heat, and massage. it only relieved pain for the time I was in session. after I got back in my car and drove home the pain pretty much came back and was the same. I started running out of options so I looked online and found Spinal Decompression. I have a case with ICBC so I didn't pay for the treatment, I only put down a deposit. But to sum it all up. Spinal Decompression basically took me from having to walk using my son's stroller as a walking aid and walking slower than a 90yr senior citizen to being able to do things normal again. The difference was Night and Day I am not lying at all. It hurts like hell after the treatment is over and for a few days after the treatment but it really makes a huge difference.

If I didn't do spinal decompression last december I'd probably still be in the same situation right now.

RayBot 01-28-2010 09:51 PM

Ouch.....i came fro a car accident that injured my lower back.

If you can't afford physio.....make sure you got a good friend that knows what they are doing. Physio is properly going to test you for your limitations, whether you know them or not; this proper testing is gonna prevent injury furthermore.

Best of luck.....