REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #126
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,782 Times in 977 Posts
Remember, authentic mods only, Hate FAKE!!!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/real-....html?t=363078
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2010, 09:21 AM   #127
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcls View Post
so J's racing side of the story is that ajr made a copy and selling it as legit.
ajr saying they got it like that from J's...
I work in manufacturing and i have to tell you guys it would be very unusual for J's to make a "special batch" just for ajr. when u manufacture a product there is usually a high level of automation or assembly line and every product should be identical to the rest. why would j"s make ones that are a couple millimeters smaller and without titanium burn marks and no logo. it would actually cost them more to change the design halfway thru production just to make a "special batch"
talk about flushing your reputation down the toilet
+1
Product and quality control of a company no matter how small matters. Therefore, I'd side with J's racing on this one.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #128
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
Oh man this is ridicucrunkulous!

But seriously though, even if they were receiving 'fake' parts for J's themselves (which i highly doubt but for the sake of argument they were) why would they continue to sell them as genuine and at full price??!? If anything, this will further discredit the shop as they will simply sell knock offs to customers regardless of the quality and just play dumb.

Just remember, they didn't DENY the fact that knockoffs were sold, they just blamed J's for it.
how would they be able to verify the parts received from J's were fake though
and if the shipments sent by J's are fake, then what's real
Old 01-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #129
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

AJ should've asked J's racing about products, especially if things changed without notification.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #130
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
dam fitfreak link down, nothing to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #131
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by XshimaX View Post
how would they be able to verify the parts received from J's were fake though
and if the shipments sent by J's are fake, then what's real
They should've verified with J's to see if these were authentic parts. And i mean come on, look exhaust comparisons, there was a huge difference between the faked vs real products. If I was a shop that was selling at the prices AJR were I would make sure the parts I see were at least up to the standard of the price given.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 AM   #132
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
Remember, authentic mods only, Hate FAKE!!!

http://www.revscene.net/forums/real-....html?t=363078
LOL I like where that thread was heading,
The problem is not that the parts are replicas, the problem is that the parts are replicas being passed off as the real shit being priced the same as the real stuff,
It's like walking into a watch store, buying something that looks like a rolex for 5grand and then finding out that it's Made In China in some basement for a total cost of $60 and ends up falling apart

Or you meet some girl at the club, cum inside of her, find out shes only in grade 12, so you buy a Prada bag for her to make things right, she fibds out the bag is a fake and decides to have the kid,

I'm sure that it would anger many
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 AM   #133
S14
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Everyone knows that AJR make their own branded product "T1R" in taiwan/china.
How hard to order the same manufacturer to copy the J's Racing products?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #134
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I've been modding my cars for a long time and have been to a lot of shops, and for those that has been around would know how JDM companies always get sour eventually. I have purchased and owned a J's racing exhaust for my s2000, my other friend has owned multiple j's racing exhaust for the s2000. To be honest i think the J's racing exhaust (Authentic) is crap, why? because people who owns them especially s2k owners. They would start to rattle due to poorly built resonator if you drive it a bit intensely, the 02 Bung has fell off from other S2K guys in the states and J's racing didn't want to replace it, so AJ helped by pocketing their own money to satisfy the customer. If you search on S2Ki a lot of J's exhaust just poorly made, and they are 100% Authentic. JDM shit is all overrated, but to be Honest again though, their quality and consistency isn't anything to brag about anyway.

Not trying to help J's or AJ Racing but i personally dealt with AJ-R they know the pro's and con's. I had great experience dealing with A&J Racing

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=718060&st=100 This was posted back in Dec

1987 AE86
1999 Honda EK
2001 AP1 S2000
2009 Mitsubishi EVO IX
2009 Honda Ridgeline
2015 Subaru STi
2015 BMW F82 M4
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2010, 10:25 AM   #135
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

^ AJ Fan boy...

Stick to the topic, the problem is the replica. Dont bring up other issues you have with J's and mislead the thread.

Cant believe people are buying AJR / T1R products which have 0 research and development.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #136
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
They should've verified with J's to see if these were authentic parts. And i mean come on, look exhaust comparisons, there was a huge difference between the faked vs real products. If I was a shop that was selling at the prices AJR were I would make sure the parts I see were at least up to the standard of the price given.
ya AJR should've really questioned on the changes that were made by J's without notice, where J's QC would be questioned, because I don't think anyone would've guessed the products coming straight from the manufacturer to be fake.

We only know those are knockoffs now because J's has made a statement, but even then it has not been stated officially on whether those knockoffs in question were obtained from AJR.

I'm giving AJR the benefits of the doubt because I'd like to believe a local reputable shop would not do such a thing.
So right now I'm seeing this more as a drama as an aftermath from a business deal that went sour
Old 01-14-2010, 10:36 AM   #137
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XshimaX View Post
ya AJR should've really questioned on the changes that were made by J's without notice, where J's QC would be questioned, because I don't think anyone would've guessed the products coming straight from the manufacturer to be fake.

We only know those are knockoffs now because J's has made a statement, but even then it has not been stated officially on whether those knockoffs in question were obtained from AJR.

I'm giving AJR the benefits of the doubt because I'd like to believe a local reputable shop would not do such a thing.
So right now I'm seeing this more as a drama as an aftermath from a business deal that went sour
Why? To make $$
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 01-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #138
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hmmmm... This is interesting...

From what I know and seen on s2ki forums.... 90% of J's exhausts will break lol.... I know a few friends who owned these exhausts as well and they all broke. I know AJ stood by the customers side and requested J's to send replacement exhausts, but that never came lol... Looks like J's doesn't stand by their owns products... gg LOL...

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=712222&st=0
Old 01-14-2010, 10:56 AM   #139
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryX View Post

From what I know and seen on s2ki forums.... 90% of J's exhausts will break lol.... I know a few friends who owned these exhausts as well and they all broke. I know AJ stood by the customers side and requested J's to send replacement exhausts, but that never came lol... Looks like J's doesn't stand by their owns products... gg LOL...

Listen, we are not debating the quality of J's products AT ALL. All we are discussing is the fact that whether or no AJR is willinglying and DELIBERATELY selling fake items at authentic item's cost.

It is like this, say you are purchasing a bag at the price set by the manufacturer. But the store is selling fakes and keeping the profit from such high margins as a result. Now some douche says the store is in the right just because the bag in question is shitty to begin with. See how retarded the argument is?

To be honest, I think everyone needs more information before we make any informed opinions on this matter.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04 AM   #140
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by willcls View Post
so J's racing side of the story is that ajr made a copy and selling it as legit.
ajr saying they got it like that from J's...
I work in manufacturing and i have to tell you guys it would be very unusual for J's to make a "special batch" just for ajr. when u manufacture a product there is usually a high level of automation or assembly line and every product should be identical to the rest. why would j"s make ones that are a couple millimeters smaller and without titanium burn marks and no logo. it would actually cost them more to change the design halfway thru production just to make a "special batch"
talk about flushing your reputation down the toilet
quoted from http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/great...tml#post302025

Quote:
I knwo soon or later guys will ask me this question. We have made special request for J's to build us AJR edition which are similars to the one that we offer for S2000. Because of some mis-communication, the product were made not the way we requested so we have to sell them at a lower price because we have to get rid of them.

The exhaust that you have is REAL so there's nothing to worry about.
they say that they've asked j's to make a special "ajr" batch for them and on another post they say that the shipment of products from j's suddenly changed and that they were not notified about this change....lol ajr is total bs

still waiting for them to chime in on this thread
Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #141
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Listen, we are not debating the quality of J's products AT ALL. All we are discussing is the fact that whether or no AJR is willinglying and DELIBERATELY selling fake items at authentic item's cost.

It is like this, say you are purchasing a bag at the price set by the manufacturer. But the store is selling fakes and keeping the profit from such high margins as a result. Now some douche says the store is in the right just because the bag in question is shitty to begin with. See how retarded the argument is?

To be honest, I think everyone needs more information before we make any informed opinions on this matter.
I know where you're coming from bro, but what I'm trying to say is if J's isn't standing up to their products due to this quality issue, you can definately question something about them as well...

What if a business deal did go sour between AJ and J's and J's is blaming AJ for something?

Thats just my 2 cents....
Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #142
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
yo since the fanboys are chiming in, instead of giving them the courtesy of a response which they don't deserve, you guys should just immediately fail their and other irrelevant comments which are trying to distract the rest of us from the real issue.... this way we see failed posts and your typical forum user would at least be able to weed out the bullshit...

I'm giving the thumbs up and a smile to every car I see with AJR stickers from now on..

why did this take so long to reach RS ? a year ?? are they a sponsor on here or something ? I got add blocker on my browser so I never get to see any sponsor ads
Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #143
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
yo since the fanboys are chiming in, instead of giving them the courtesy of a response which they don't deserve, you guys should just immediately fail their and other irrelevant comments which are trying to distract the rest of us from the real issue.... this way we see failed posts and your typical forum user would at least be able to weed out the bullshit...
Here I tried to do that for you. Crap the J's Racing thermostat on my AP86 is probably fake too then LOL.

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #144
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
i hope this thread doesnt get remove, im hoping to see more drama. That also proved a theory, people tend to buy branded name products when their quality are equal or simliar to knock off items. Hahaha, they cant tell the difference.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #145
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post

I'm giving the thumbs up and a smile to every car I see with AJR stickers from now on..

why did this take so long to reach RS ? a year ?? are they a sponsor on here or something ? I got add blocker on my browser so I never get to see any sponsor ads
I'm not a fanboy, just giving my 2 cents. Everyone should have their opinion on this, I'm just at a neutral stance.

However, you sound like quite the hater lol...
Old 01-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #146
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
If thats true, wonder what else is knock off that they are selling?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #147
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

prob almost all of their shit, similar incident happened with some fake spoon stuff they had before
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #148
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryX View Post

Why should J's send a replacement authentic exhaust for a fake one that failed?

More money in AJ's pocket.

My girlfriend's fake LV purse from night market is failing. Do you think you can walk into Holt Renfrew and get it replaced?

Try to stay on topic. This isn't about J's product quality or J's standing by their products. This is about potential fraud

Kev
Old 01-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #149
Banned (BBM)

really weird how this whole incident didnt blow out of porportion, and its been like 6 months ago. Surprise AJ still gets customers, hell im surprise they havent even close down the shitty ass shop. NOt long ago they just moved to a new location as well

man fuck AJ, just shows how desparate ppl get when it comes to money
Old 01-14-2010, 11:54 AM   #150
My homepage has been set to RS

lol, somebody call them and ask them what the hell is going on.

If they are still in business.

heres their "grand reopening" pic thread

http://www.revscene.net/forums/j-r-g...=grand+opening
Closed Thread