REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   Bartending License (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602882-bartending-license.html)

Alpine50 01-16-2010 12:34 AM

Bartending License

I've been thinking about getting my bartending license for a while now, anyways i was just wondering if anybody here has either taken it or knows someone who has and what the results where out of it. Did it seem worth the $300-500??? did you have any luck finding a job as a brand new bartender??

It seems like it would be a fun thing to learn how to do, figured maybe give this a try and if it turns out to be good then i'll be saying good-bye to my current low paying job hahha.

if this is the wrong place to post, sorry wasn't to sure where this should have gone

thanks

Mr.Jay 01-16-2010 06:47 AM

i know 3 guys that took the classes and got the license but I only know that one of them worked as a batender for earls and only for a short time

mpr 01-16-2010 08:49 AM

got my bartending license few years back. didn't remember it was $300-$500 dollars though. the course was not too hard however some people still failed in my class. The problem is to remember like 150 drinks by heart. It is definately something fun to do in your own personal life or for a job. not a career. I don't see too many people stay in a bartending job for a long term. If someone did would be working at the bar at Cactus, Keg, etc. As for pay, the tips is where the money is at.

penner2k 01-16-2010 04:33 PM

Just get your serving it right and then start networking.
I dont know a single bartender that has actually took a bartending course to get work. This industry its all about who you know.

You wont just get a job as a bartender either. Start at the bottom and make your way up.

Meowjin 01-16-2010 07:53 PM

Bartending License :lol:

El Bastardo 01-16-2010 08:14 PM

I asked this question last year and the best advice I got was "Network"

Alpine50 01-16-2010 08:23 PM

Lol yeah I people have told me I should just go work somewhere and then work my way into bartending but it seems like that would take a lot longer than me just simply getting the license and applying at places like the keg, earls, Boston pizza and all that. But as of right now I think I'm going to go with itno ky because I've thought of it for a while now and everytime I say I'm going to do something or try it I never end up commiting to it. Because I wanted to try personal training before this but never commuted to that lol now this girl I k ow is taking the class and I kinda wish I did before her.
Posted via RS Mobile