REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Two and a Half Men (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603095-two-half-men.html)

penner2k 01-18-2010 09:13 AM

Two and a Half Men

Quote:

The Harper brothers Charlie and Alan are almost opposites but form a great team. After years they had little in common except their dislike for their mundane, maternally cold but domineering mother Evelyn, Allan, a compulsively neat chiropractor and control-freak, is thrown out by his manipulative wife Judith who nevertheless gets him to pay for everything and do most jobs in the house. Charlie, a freelance jingle composer in a luxurious beach-house and irresistible Casanova who rarely gets up before brunch around noon, puts him up 'temporarily' with his son Jake, a lazy fat school kid who shuttles between his parents. This starts off the sitcom around their conflicting lifestyles, such as how to raise the boy (who now has an efficient, caring dad for the boring stuff while having a ball with his fun-loving sugar uncle who teaches him boyish things), be moralistic or have fun, a stickler or popular, what's a 'white' lie... Other fairly regular characters include Charlie's fat cleaning lady Bertha and his rich, obsessively infatuated neighbor-girl Rose who often sneaks in.
Anyone else love this show? From what I've heard its based partly on Charlie Sheen's life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsheKpRIk1I

RayBot 01-18-2010 09:22 AM

love it....every character is hilairious.

$_$ 01-19-2010 11:14 AM

My favorite part is how Jake starts out as a young boy and throughout the season gets older and older and totally changes his attitude and personality.

6insomnia9 01-19-2010 11:23 AM

I watch it every monday (:

hotong 01-19-2010 11:34 AM

i recently got addicted to this show, pretty funny.

sunny_j 01-19-2010 04:25 PM

this shows awesome

v.Rossi 01-19-2010 04:34 PM

yeah hilarious show, charlie is my role model.

RayBot 01-19-2010 04:44 PM

Yesterday's was great....when charlie met his future father-in-law.

Not going to post any spoilers....its worth the watch.

penner2k 01-19-2010 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.H.C (Post 6777467)
My favorite part is how Jake starts out as a young boy and throughout the season gets older and older and totally changes his attitude and personality.

He is slowly turning into Charlie

jeedee 01-19-2010 06:28 PM

Best.scene.ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccMd9rTt4Po

IMO, TAAHM, use to be "better" and funnier in the older episodes, but nowadays, the newer ones lack creativity, humor etc.

Philly74 01-19-2010 06:47 PM

love the show! got all the season except season 7

StylinRed 01-19-2010 07:50 PM

i never wanted to watch it, especially with that theme song; makes me want to kill someone

i felt similarly to Friends, never gave it a shot, thought it was like a show for adults (this was back in HS)

But after having nothing to watch during the early evenings i caught re-runs on FOX and ended up loving the show ;)

I'm a Charlie Sheen fan and I liked Jon Cryer because he was in Superman 3 and Pretty in Pink (80s movies) but still never gave it a shot until catching some re-runs cuz i was too lazy to channel surf further

I saw some of the new episodes and that kid has gotten old...
they should replace him with another kid to keep the vibe going, im sure the audience won't mind

spoon.ek9 01-19-2010 08:33 PM

loved the earlier/mid seasons, haven't found the new episodes as funny thus far.

RayBot 01-19-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6778234)
I saw some of the new episodes and that kid has gotten old...
they should replace him with another kid to keep the vibe going, im sure the audience won't mind

Are you shittin' me??

l e 6 0 4 01-19-2010 09:49 PM

good show, worth watching :)

Kim Jong Un 01-19-2010 10:08 PM

since jake is growing up the show is gonna be Two and 2/3 Men xD

hotong 01-20-2010 11:17 AM

Almost done re-watching the whole season 1 online, this show is so good.

Sodium 01-20-2010 11:21 AM

Recently got introduced to it too.
I always thought it's an old school sitcome that just keeps re-running when I flip the channels....now I stop there when I see it on.....xD

buddy 01-20-2010 11:26 AM

I love Kandi ... hmmmmmm

http://206.93.14.135:15871/cgi-bin/b...ion=1241656657

StylinRed 01-20-2010 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6778515)
Are you shittin' me??

no :P

Or else they're going to be stuck with sitcom killers (as seen through the history of sitcoms) where they add characters to the show to keep the vibe going they add another little kid etc to try to re-infuse the flavour of what made the sitcom great

cosby show/married with children/growing pains/family matters/etc etc etc etc

but itd always fail because it was an awkward insertion as the cast seems overcrowded

so the solution would be to add a new kid but make him play the same character and get rid of the old kid ^^

:rofl:

RenoMan 01-20-2010 06:42 PM

Op this show has been showing for a long time..where were you?

RayBot 01-20-2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6779898)

Or else they're going to be stuck with sitcom killers (as seen through the history of sitcoms) where they add characters to the show to keep the vibe going they add another little kid etc to try to re-infuse the flavour of what made the sitcom great

but itd always fail because it was an awkward insertion as the cast seems overcrowded

so the solution would be to add a new kid but make him play the same character and get rid of the old kid ^^

Looks like you're on your own with this opinion.

Philly74 01-20-2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 6779898)

replacing Angus T. Jones(Jake) would only gave the show one way ticket to trash bin. This isnt Simpson where you can have a chick do Bart's voice nor growing up.

RayBot 01-20-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly74 (Post 6779930)
replacing Angus T. Jones(Jake) would only gave the show one way ticket to trash bin. This isnt Simpson where you can have a chick do Bart's voice nor growing up.

Actually....re-reading his opinion, it doesn't even really defend his argument.

penner2k 01-20-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilsonSo13 (Post 6779914)
Op this show has been showing for a long time..where were you?

I've been watching it for a while now.
I just recently started watching from season 1 again. Did a search on here to see if there was any threads about it.
There wasnt so I made one.