REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #26
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
A gang of mexican midgets in my trunk that I'm saving for Lomac's bukkake party?
Seen the :"trunk monkey" commercials ?

Back in the days of drive in movie theatres everybody packed the trunk with their buddies so they could sneak in for free. Ask your parents about this.
Advertisement
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #27
Retired Traffic Cop

We're dating ourselves again....

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #28
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
We're dating ourselves again....

In YOUR case it's tree rings...in MY case it's carbon dating. Gotta love dem dead dinosaurs.

BTW, riding in the trunk wasn't fun if your buddies wouldn't open the lid & let you out, once you got inside the drive in.

Last edited by zulutango; 01-22-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

this is very interesting, so basically if your car was clean does he have the right to shine his flash light through your car and look inside? What if he says open the door, or whats the on the floor or sir please step out the vehicle... do I have the right to say why do I have to step out the vehicle? Or I can step out of the vehicle and lock the car and say sorry sir I do not consent to a search, you will have to talk to my lawyer?
Lissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:35 AM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

This could get ugly fast. If an officer see's something in plain view that will provide him reasonable grounds to search a vehicle, he may ask you to step out without telling you. If you were to continually resist here it could cause trouble. Even if it turned out to be nothing...
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #31
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy View Post
this is very interesting, so basically if your car was clean does he have the right to shine his flash light through your car and look inside? What if he says open the door, or whats the on the floor or sir please step out the vehicle... do I have the right to say why do I have to step out the vehicle? Or I can step out of the vehicle and lock the car and say sorry sir I do not consent to a search, you will have to talk to my lawyer?
Flashing the light and if he/she sees something, that is pretty much reasonable grounds for a search.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #32
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Seen the :"trunk monkey" commercials ?

Back in the days of drive in movie theatres everybody packed the trunk with their buddies so they could sneak in for free. Ask your parents about this.
hahaha i remember that.

2 adults 1 kid, the rest are in the back of the van hiding under a blanket ;D

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #33
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johny View Post
this was a few days ago.... appeartly if the cops ask you to get out of the car, and you take your jacket off and run away. they aren't allowed to search the jacket... another scum bag back on the street. our judges need to get kicked in the balls a few times.
A Vancouver man found guilty of carrying two loaded handguns has been acquitted after the B.C. Court of Appeal found that police had violated his rights.

In 2005, Christopher Jai Reddy was arrested and charged after police responded to a call that two suspicious men were sitting in a vehicle in the 2900-block Windsor Street and might be selling drugs.

Police ran a check on Reddy, then asked him to get out of the vehicle. He agreed, but removed his jacket first. He then fled.

Police found a Beretta .380 pistol in one pocket of the jacket and a Colt .45 pistol in the other. Both guns were loaded.

Reddy was arrested and at trial sought to have the evidence excluded.

But in a 2-1 ruling released Friday, the Court of Appeal found that Reddy was unlawfully detained and that there had been an unreasonable search. B.C. Court of Appeal Justice David Frankel ordered that Ready be acquitted and his decision was concurred by Justice Daphne Smith.

Justice John Hall dissented, citing the rise in gun crime, found that the evidence should not have been ruled inadmissible and dismissed the appeal.

that is some serious messed up justice

Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:11 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

^
only in Canada
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:35 AM   #35
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

could a cop search you in a school?
like if theres a liason officer,
and outta nowhere they ask to check your bag and pockets
could you just say no to that?
xJTranx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #36
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJTranx View Post
Much like searching a vehicle, without consent, it's a no go. Suggestion though, don't bring anything questionable to school.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #37
CRS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDragon View Post
Much like searching a vehicle, without consent, it's a no go. Suggestion though, don't bring anything questionable to school.
If there is reasonable grounds to search, then yes.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #38
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDragon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
If there is reasonable grounds to search, then yes.
I am going to have to disagree with the others considering the school itself is government owned they are allowed to check lockers and anything inside of them without consent. I am not sure if this extends to your person but I would think it does.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
here's the situation:

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP

Last edited by tonyvu; 02-24-2010 at 02:36 PM.
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2010, 02:53 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

I don't know anything about the laws but . . .

I've gotten pulled over for speeding, I had a 10 sack in my car and I didn't have my BCDL on me. So I rolled up my window locked my door and got out of the car with keys, the cop handcuffed me and while doing so removed the keys from my hand. After failing to produce he opened my car.

As he went to unlock my car, I told him "you do not have my consent to open or search my car" he said, "that's nice".

After searching through all my shit he came back with a 10 sac and asked me what it was doing there. I told him I just bought it and was headed home, I wouldn't tell him who I picked up from obviously. The he threatened to kick my teeth out in an alley which didn't really bother me much, because my parents would sue his ass for police brutality and I could use the settlement.

So he called in the k-9s. I think he thought I was selling rocks, because he inspected every pebble on the floor of my ride while we waited for the k-9 unit, after going through my entire ride, finding nothing, pointing the dog at me and giving me a smell and finding nothing. He crunched my weed under his boot, told me that they didn't find anything else handed me a ticket for failing to produce and told me to have a good night.

I wasn't that upset about losing my weed or getting a ticket for something I did ( he even let me go on the speeding which I was originally pulled for). What pisses me off is that they profile me as a dope runner off a harmless 10 sack, put me through a bunch of bullshit hassle, and try to intimidate me, then when they find nothing all of the sudden they are nice again.

I would like to think that Vancouver employs a police force that behaves respectfully to people and maintains a professional relationship with people whether they believe them to be criminals or not, but that has not been my experience at all.

I have never looked in my rear-view and thought, "good a police presence will help maintain a safe and wholesome environment for me and those around me"

I constantly look in my rear view seeing a cop and think " oh god I hope I'm not breaking some stupid rule that will give this guy the right to pull me over, harass me, and waste my time"
stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #41
Need to Seek Professional Help

any cop would be suspiscious if they find narcotics...
Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #42
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stotch View Post

I've gotten pulled over for speeding, I had a 10 sack in my car and I didn't have my BCDL on me. So I rolled up my window locked my door and got out of the car with keys, the cop handcuffed me and while doing so removed the keys from my hand. After failing to produce he opened my car.

As he went to unlock my car, I told him "you do not have my consent to open or search my car" he said, "that's nice".

After searching through all my shit he came back with a 10 sac and asked me what it was doing there. I told him I just bought it and was headed home, I wouldn't tell him who I picked up from obviously. The he threatened to kick my teeth out in an alley which didn't really bother me much, because my parents would sue his ass for police brutality and I could use the settlement.

So he called in the k-9s. I think he thought I was selling rocks, because he inspected every pebble on the floor of my ride while we waited for the k-9 unit, after going through my entire ride, finding nothing, pointing the dog at me and giving me a smell and finding nothing. He crunched my weed under his boot, told me that they didn't find anything else handed me a ticket for failing to produce and told me to have a good night.

I wasn't that upset about losing my weed or getting a ticket for something I did ( he even let me go on the speeding which I was originally pulled for). What pisses me off is that they profile me as a dope runner off a harmless 10 sack, put me through a bunch of bullshit hassle, and try to intimidate me, then when they find nothing all of the sudden they are nice again.

I would like to think that Vancouver employs a police force that behaves respectfully to people and maintains a professional relationship with people whether they believe them to be criminals or not, but that has not been my experience at all.

I have never looked in my rear-view and thought, "good a police presence will help maintain a safe and wholesome environment for me and those around me"

I constantly look in my rear view seeing a cop and think " oh god I hope I'm not breaking some stupid rule that will give this guy the right to pull me over, harass me, and waste my time"
You have to assume the worse in situations like this. I mean, if you caught someone doing something illegal, what is your first instinct? Think the best? The outcomes can turn out pretty bad if that is the case.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #43
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stotch View Post

That would have to be where you went wrong.

It seems super suspicious for you to get out of your car.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #44
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
I would also hafto agree that when I see a cop on the street, instead of feeling safe,

I feel like I better not make eye contact with them, or else theil pull me over and hassle me and waste my time.
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #45
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,897 Times in 3,863 Posts
I don't see how things like only opening the window a crack or exiting the vehicle would be good ideas when you're (presumably) about to try and get out of a ticket. I go with the window fully down, dome light on, hands on the wheel approach, and even when an officer gave me some kind of quick drug-screen at a roadblock I haven't had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Picard View Post
I believe that you have the right to record what is going on - and such recording can be used in court should anything go. That being said, should the officer try to take your phone and delete the recording, that should fit right in, in the destruction of evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
yea but trying to prove that is hard

cops word against your

which is why the whole leaving your window down only a crack works wonders
don't use/touch your phone after, try to show the cops fingerprints on your phone in court (might need a lawyer or somn) could work.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #46
RS Peace Officer

That idea worked really well for the "activist" who "took the video of VPD shooting the man"...you know where the Police "erased the video from his cell phone"...the same video that 2 of his experts could not find ever existed...and independant street cams showed the guy wasn't even in the area where it took place and never took any video? Any evidence in court has to show a "chain of evidence" to show it was controlled and not tampered with. Simply having fingerprints on a phone that may have been handled for some other reason, like when being searched upon arrest, does not equate to erased video. You would have to show that there was video there first, that the video was relevant to what happened, that it was recorded at the exact time and place of the event, that is was unedited in any way, that it was immediately preserved in that state and controlled untouched until it was entered into the court process. You would have to then list every person who had access to the video, on what occasion and where and for what reason. They would all be subject to being called into court for testimony and cross examination. There is a lot to this court thing and if you have real legal concerns you should be talking to a lawyer who can guide you on what to do.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #47
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I remember that. I honestly wish the police charge that guy for obstruction or something. If the cops really did do that, then sure, it's good he stood up, but when he's making up BS to try to slander the police, then I think he should face some consequences.
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #48
RS Peace Officer

I believe Chief Chu said they were going to charge him. Hope so.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #49
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
I believe Chief Chu said they were going to charge him. Hope so.
What?

If he is going to get charged, what is taking so long? He clearly lied about the whole thing, it should be an open and shut case, no?

People like that guy need to be taught a lesson. Seriously, I'm all for bashing cops when they are wrong, so I'm all for bashing citizens when they are wrong.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #50
RS Peace Officer

I believe it also in volves the Pivot Legal Society and BCCLU who made some slanderous remarks about the Police. I hope it goes ahead too. Having been on the receiving end of deliberately false complaints on several occasions, my outfit's response was that I should sue them in civil court..would not proceed with public mischief charges.