REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #26
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ that was just floor washing detergent powders

btw, I love their pork pot stickers ..
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 AM   #27
I bringith the lowerballerith

Im actually happy Hon's is gone. Food was crap. And potstickers was crap.
SlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #28
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
all are closed? man I always go there for lunch (the one in poco)
Westwood? I just ate there on Tuesday.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #29
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fobolous View Post
Does anyone know why it's closed? It seems like -- suddenly it's just gone *poof* Too much competition? The Robson location is still opened, AFAIK.
I phoned them. They say they are closed for remodel. I talked to Danny's in the Ironwood Mall. they think they are finished totally

210 E 4th at Main
Vancouver BC V5T 1G5
Telephone - 604 879 6288
Email jim@overseas-auto.com
Toll Free - 1 800 665 5031

Text 604-836-7278

http://www.overseas-auto.com
http://www.piaalights.com
http://www.weberjets.com
http://www.brightsourcehid.com

MSN Messenger z5551212@hotmail.com

We take Interac, Cash, Visa, MC, Amex,

Open 8-5 Monday to Friday, 11-1 Saturday

We have been supplying quality accessories, parts, tires, wheels for 51 years.
Overseas Auto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #30
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Hon's have been suffering from bad investments.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #31
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Imo who cares. Real chinese people don't go to Hons yo.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #32
Rs has made me the man i am today!

ahh really? I went to the one in New West couple weeks ago. It was ok, the waitress that served us was pretty cute.
keifun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Imo who cares. Real chinese people don't go to Hons yo.
yea so true, we call those "fake" chinese food to fool white ppl cause all they order is "fried rice" or "sweet and sour pork"
blee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:44 AM   #34
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
LOL i thought this thread was Hoe's in Richmond they went broke(bad investments from what i heard), and real chinese ppl dont go there lol.

Last edited by AVS_Racing; 01-23-2010 at 04:00 AM.
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 AM   #35
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Some of you may not care which is fine, but there are some of us out there who feel that Hon's is a Vancouver institution which has been around for 35+ years. For those who lived and grew up in Chinatown would understand. I lived and grew up in Chinatown for 14 years. My parents and I came to Canada as immigrants with $25 and a suitcase full of clothes. Yes, I'm a FOB. I speak no English, lah~!!11oneone. The first restaurant my family and I went to when we earned enough money - you guessed it correctly - mother fucking Hon's, bitches.

To us, it was an experience and a part of cultural identity. All the immigrants back in the day went to Hon's. Why? Because the owners knew and understood how hard it was to earn a dollar back then. Also, they understood that as immigrants, our English wasn't all that great so nobody in reality could have been working white collar jobs to eat at nicer Chinese restaurants. Where else in town could you get a bowl of wonton noodles for $3.25 back then? As ghetto as some of you may think Hon's may be, it will always mean something to people out there. I'm sure that people like Turbo E and 89blackcivic would probably agree if he ever came over to the VLS side.

So ultimately, yes, the food at Hon's isn't top notch 5-star Chinese cuisine but you also have to accept that to a lot of people, Hon's is an institution and a part of the Chinese cultural identity in Vancouver.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank

Last edited by bcrdukes; 01-23-2010 at 03:35 AM.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:27 AM   #36
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Bingo

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 PM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Some of you may not care which is fine, but there are some of us out there who feel that Hon's is a Vancouver institution which has been around for 35+ years. For those who lived and grew up in Chinatown would understand. I lived and grew up in Chinatown for 14 years. My parents and I came to Canada as immigrants with $25 and a suitcase full of clothes. Yes, I'm a FOB. I speak no English, lah~!!11oneone. The first restaurant my family and I went to when we earned enough money - you guessed it correctly - mother fucking Hon's, bitches.

To us, it was an experience and a part of cultural identity. All the immigrants back in the day went to Hon's. Why? Because the owners knew and understood how hard it was to earn a dollar back then. Also, they understood that as immigrants, our English wasn't all that great so nobody in reality could have been working white collar jobs to eat at nicer Chinese restaurants. Where else in town could you get a bowl of wonton noodles for $3.25 back then? As ghetto as some of you may think Hon's may be, it will always mean something to people out there. I'm sure that people like Turbo E and 89blackcivic would probably agree if he ever came over to the VLS side.

So ultimately, yes, the food at Hon's isn't top notch 5-star Chinese cuisine but you also have to accept that to a lot of people, Hon's is an institution and a part of the Chinese cultural identity in Vancouver.

+1 !!
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #38
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I drove by the Hon's in Richmond today. Their location has a "For Lease" sign up so I don't think they're renovating.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #39
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:

hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #40
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:

Good post. I used to go there for wonton noodle soup. It was pretty good, and authentic. I wouldn't call them ghetto though, a bowl of wontons costs over $7 IIRC!

I don't know why the people above started talking about western chinese food, Hon's has nothing to do with that.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #41
degenerate extraordinaire

It's not like Hon's is the only place that serves sweet and sour pork and lemon/orange chicken.

Are you going to criticize all the restaraunts that have those items on their menu?

My family would go there for a quick dinner every now and then. Actually, we were there about 2-3 months ago. I noticed the business decreasing pretty quickly after the implementation of the floor managers
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #42
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I go there every couple weeks to get 12 potstickers panfried and a bowl or wonton soup damm it's the best around.

I normally pick up a bag of potstickers to cook at home, the trick it to put water on them to steam them, damm they are good and that vinegar dip is awesome.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #43
Banned (BBM)

hons is overated
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 AM   #44
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

I just talked to Hons management. All the stores except Richmond continue to be open and operate.

210 E 4th at Main
Vancouver BC V5T 1G5
Telephone - 604 879 6288
Email jim@overseas-auto.com
Toll Free - 1 800 665 5031

Text 604-836-7278

http://www.overseas-auto.com
http://www.piaalights.com
http://www.weberjets.com
http://www.brightsourcehid.com

MSN Messenger z5551212@hotmail.com

We take Interac, Cash, Visa, MC, Amex,

Open 8-5 Monday to Friday, 11-1 Saturday

We have been supplying quality accessories, parts, tires, wheels for 51 years.
Overseas Auto1 is offline   Reply With Quote