REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 01-20-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Acura Tl 2002 problems

Hey guys im kind of new on this site and i just have a few questions. i have a few problems with my acura tls (2002) and i looked around internet and found similar problems. so im just wondering if you guys have the same problem and if you guys know how to fix or suggest what i should do.

firstly, my rear window mirror has tint fluid. looks something like this: http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...73727_2549.jpg

secondly, the heated seats on the driver side doesn't work!

I bought an extended warranty (10 yrs) so I am still under warranty i think but im not sure if it still covers for those problems.

if someone could help me out that would be great since im not an expert in this field

thanks
Advertisement
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Your "auto" dimming mirror is leaking, its dead. Need a new one.
Heated seats, yeah they tend to die very commonly. Mine, both driver and passenger heated seat is gone.

If you're not covered under warranty, you may consider buying a used mirror from a wrecker.

As for the heated seats, if its that important to you, you can bring it to sponsor like:

Soundworks
Soundsgood
Rise

They will be able to assist you in putting aftermarket heated seat pads in (way cheaper than the dealer)
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #3

well i should be under warranty until 2012. so shouldn't i be able to get those fixed at the dealership?

thanks
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #4

Check with the dealer of course, but to be honest I highly doubt it, most long term warranty's are only powertrain. Ie. Engine, transmission.
Posted via RS Mobile
dohboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #5

Meh i wouldnt even bother with most of those aftermarket warrenties. Buisness managers will make it seem like if ANYTHING goes wrong with the car the warrenty company will cover it. Not quite. Most of the time its Powertrain only, and items such as cats are not covered. On the QR25 altimas, cats fall apart, get sucked back in the motor and burn oil. Customers dont understand why the extended warrenty didnt cover it, because the engine is covered under warrenty, but the cat caused the damage, and the cat aint covered so your up shit creek with no paddle.

Seat heaters are common, the grid can crack and usually either the bottom portion or upper portion will stop, most of the time they entirely stop working.

Auto dimming mirrors are one of those things. If you park in the sun, put one of those windshield visors on your windshield. The fluid in there is only held in by a thin skin film, when the sun heats it, the skin rips and the fluid leaks through. My car has the same bubble, noticed it after it i parked it without using the windshield visor. Go figure.

Just be glad you dont have any transmission issues yet :P
Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 PM   #6

haha i actually replaced my transmission maybe half a year ago? but luckily it was still under warranty so the dealership just replaced it for me. i was reading online forums that acura's transmission breaks really easily =(
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ acura/honda

anything of the 4-speed/5-speed auto was horrible for those years... I'm on my 3rd tranny
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #8

I'm on my 2nd. My sis Accord is on her 5th =)
Old 01-21-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i sold my accord when it was out of warrenty and had to pay 1 tranny out of my pocket,

i really think it should of been a recall
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 AM   #10
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

sounds like you need a new rear view mirror and L/F seat heating element, check with your extended warranty company if those are covered items.

If it is Acura plus that you have, i know the mirror is not a covered item but the seat heating element is, of course diagnose still needs to be at your local dealership to confirm that's what you need.

I think those wimpy 99-02 TL auto transmission has a factory extended warranty up to 93 months or 175,000km, whichever comes first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL9000 View Post
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #11

i just checked at the dealership today turns out none of those things are covered n i find that retarded especially when they break so damn easily
Old 01-23-2010, 07:38 AM   #12

is it Acura Plus that you have? and is it seat heater you need?

Quote:
this is the internet and everyone knows better about what happened sitting behind a desk than the people who are actually involved.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:48 PM   #13

ya i believe so
Old 01-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #14

a friend of mine just got his L/F seat heater replaced at a dealership under Acura Plus recently, so I 'd say call another dealership just to confirm ...

Quote:
Old 01-27-2010, 12:29 AM   #15

what yr was his acura?
Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #16

^ 02 or 03 .. but Acura Plus coverage is the same among all years and models, it's either yes, it's a covered item; or no, not a covereed item ...

Quote:
Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #17
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

those 2nd gen tl's have bad trannys, same with the 01-03 mdx's trannys are garbage, see quite a bit come through work in past couple months.
RL604 is offline   Reply With Quote