REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Looking for someone to paint my bumper

I searched this topic and I see most posts go back to 2007 so I thought I would do an updated on.

I am looking for a good but inexpensive (I know I used good and inexpensive in the same line) place to paint the front bumper on my 2006 acura rsx. The bumper just has lots of rock chips and small scratches and crack from a parking divider.

All suggestions welcome
Advertisement
Nit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
retired

you posted in the wrong section. from your info, you are in Calgary? if so, most members here are in the lower mainland of BC, so I don't know how much help we can be.
Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenosan View Post
you posted in the wrong section. from your info, you are in Calgary? if so, most members here are in the lower mainland of BC, so I don't know how much help we can be.
Let me update that I am in Burnaby now
Old 01-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

i was looking for this solution too, but ended up spending 6 months looking for and finally finding and buying a used oem bumper of the same colour as my car. Cost me a couple hundred for a stock oem red integra bumper that some guy was willing to sell to me and it was a better solution than buying a replica/used one and paying to prime/paint it. Better because cheaper and guaranteed colour matching.

With that said, if you're determined to take it to a shop, from the research i did, seems like AK Autoworks has the highest quality, but probably also the highest price. Should be around 100-200 to get it ready for paint and another 500+ for paint. This is my guess only.

for cheaper solutions, i found no.1 collision, grandcity and bizmark. These are body shops and i dunno their pricing, but i imagine it would be a bit cheaper than AK?

for cheaper solutions, there's maeko or putting yourself on the waiting list for BCIT. You provide the paint and they paint it for free. It takes months though and might result in shitty paint job. Might as well use those few months of waiting to find a oem colour bumper off revscene or craigslist.
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #5

automind
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

im also going to have to find one too in the spring.

i have an oem toyota matrix XRS bumper unpainted with some scratch marks.
i went to a ghetto auto body shop at victoria and 33rd. they said paint is going to be $280ish, putting the bumper on is another $80.

so i would assume anywhere around $400-$500...

then again, a few years back, i went to grandcity and they quoted me a new bumper + paint job + putting it on = $700ish, and they do a pretty good job.

i guess it also depends on how many layers of paint and clearcoat they do.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #7
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

400-700 depending on how big this "crack" and cost could go up if its a tri-coat white color
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #8

pleace near main/2nd a block east off main, in the corner.. chinese owner. u can bargain him down more.. pretty cheap and ok job

edit: a-jetway auto body 251 e.2nd.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

so average around $500