REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 01-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #2426
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
^I'M SO WATCHING
Advertisement

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #2427
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub.g View Post
SNSD is on Letterman tonight......... its wierd to hear that but damn you know they really are hitting it big globally
Or trying to.

Anyone remember the name of that Russian group that toured heavily in the late show cycle in the early 2000s?

Me neither.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:46 PM   #2428
ak6
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I wonder if they'll be performing 'The Boys' on the Letterman show...
ak6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #2429
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,563 Times in 171 Posts
^They will be performing The Boys on a morning show the following day. Forgot which show it was though.
Fappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #2430
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappin View Post
^They will be performing The Boys on a morning show the following day. Forgot which show it was though.
Live with Kelly I think
KayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #2431
Need my Daily Fix of RS

man letterman was bunk
jaywoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 PM   #2432
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,132 Times in 237 Posts

i say goodjob

IMO i think the reason Wondergirls failed in the states was how they marketed as American 50s girl group like the supremes....

just keep their image the same, korean entertainment market is almost the same as NA market since they are westernized already..

i think SNSD will do ok, plus considering Teddy Riley produced their album and is helping them get promoted
dub.g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2012, 11:07 PM   #2433
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
came on to tell you guys girls generation would be on tonight

i should have known that you guys would have known already
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #2434

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
i imagine all the old folks that still watch letterman are thinking "wft is this shit"
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 PM   #2435
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
That was a pretty sad looking performance...
Not enough space on the stage? Not enough energy in the girls?
Could it be the english?
Old 01-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #2436
G
Banned (BBM)

Were they singing in English or Korean
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #2437
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Thanked 4,387 Times in 1,145 Posts
Quote:
[HD] Girls' Generation - The Boys - David Letterman 1-31-12 - YouTube

i say goodjob

IMO i think the reason Wondergirls failed in the states was how they marketed as American 50s girl group like the supremes....

just keep their image the same, korean entertainment market is almost the same as NA market since they are westernized already..

i think SNSD will do ok, plus considering Teddy Riley produced their album and is helping them get promoted
Wonder Girls have MUCH better English tho.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hi there
(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・$$$$$゜゜・。*。・゜*✧ .

xxx~*…like dis post if u cry evry time…~*xxx
DanHibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:41 PM   #2438
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
wow that looked horribly uncomfortable (just saw it on tv) they must have been really nervous
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #2439
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
SNSD didn't do shit on TV.
I was cringing the entire time, and I ran back from the bar DT tonight just to watch this shit.

My thoughts, in one post.
Asian Junkie – SNSD Performs On “Late Show With David Letterman” + Reactions

Actually, this guy totally thinks in the same wavelength as I do.
SNSD made the worst possible debut on NA TV.

Wonder Girls are doing it right by actually going with the correct demographic. Teeny Boppers and Pedos. Sadly.

KARA/IU > Wonder Girls > T-ara > SNSD.

That debut was so horrid.
It was worse than thier self inflated Japanese Debut. It was that bad.

Edit: Miss A/F(x) fits in there After Kara, and before SNSD.
I've lost all hope in them. Honestly.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #2440
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
whatever..

BILL FUCKING MURRAY bitches
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #2441

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Wonder Girls are doing it right by actually going with the correct demographic. Teeny Boppers and Pedos. Sadly.

KARA/IU > Wonder Girls > T-ara > SNSD.

That debut was so horrid.
It was worse than thier self inflated Japanese Debut. It was that bad.
JYP promoted Wondergirls in the states as wholesome classic Diana Ross' Supremes girl group. Their national tv debut was on Wendy Williams which aired in the afternoon with its most audience is middle aged housewives..

they were far off from attracting teenyboppers. Touring with the Jonas Brothers didnt do them any favour as most their audience were adolescent girls who didnt care for them.

them debuting on David Letterman was probably the best thing SM can get them in to reach a broader audience. Remember, Variety Shows is almost non existent in North America as oppose to asia. where else can Girl Groups perform? not on a mid day talk show thats for sure..

Their Japanese debut actually did really well, hence it paved way for T-ara and helped them make that transition..

tmr they perform on Live with Kelly, another show with a huge audience..SM's only difficulty is promoting SNSD as individual members, 9 is too many, people will get confuse..

now if this was Jpark performing in this shows and taking his shirt off, im pretty sure u be rushing home to watch that no problem.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:32 AM   #2442
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Offtopic from this SNSD talk, seeing how this is the only Korean-related music thread.

Nell is back!

If you know who they are and like their music then much props to you considering the spew of K-pop shit that's been coming out for the past few years.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 AM   #2443
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
whatever..

BILL FUCKING MURRAY bitches

"but what if he shot ya in the face?"
mr sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #2444
I don't get it

Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #2445
I don't get it

Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #2446
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
them debuting on David Letterman was probably the best thing SM can get them in to reach a broader audience. Remember, Variety Shows is almost non existent in North America as oppose to asia. where else can Girl Groups perform? not on a mid day talk show thats for sure..
As much as I enjoy Letterman and is by far my favourite talk show, a better alternative is probably either the two Jimmy's, Kimmel or Fallon.

Kimmel's show is situated in LA, which has the most Korean people outside Seoul. Fallon on the other hand just has a more hip feel, although I still cringe when I watch his show and don't ever find his stuff funny. But then imagine the Roots doing something in the background while they performed.

However, Letterman DOES have a history of having good musical taste, the show doesn't shy away from any type of music (unlike Leno who caters to the right more and more), he's even said his favourite band is the Foo Fighters.

Honestly, I wonder if they really need to "make it big" in the US. The world is one big global market now and you don't need to rely on the US as much I feel to make a name for yourself. They're already fucking humongous in Asia after all....
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #2447

i dont think they will hit big as in big.. its very rare for asian groups to really explode international to western audience... they will do ok, they already have a large following

their performance at Live with kelly was much better, plus considering the audience in the studio are actual SONE fans

Quote:
Teddy Riley upsets Wonder Girls fans on Twitter

Producer Teddy Riley is no stranger to K-Pop, having produced for Rania and now SNSD. He’s a highly-respected global producer, but a recent re-tweet irritated fans of the Wonder Girls, who felt that he was being disrespectful.

On October 1st, Teddy Riley re-tweeted a post that said, “wonderfuls just mad wonder girls are flops in america and no one cares about them.”

Four hours later, he responded to a fan with, “i know and i apologize for that but its competition. So let the games begin. Go G.G. [SNSD]!!!!! LETS GO G.G. FAMILY!!!! I DONT SAY FANS…SM ENT[ERTAIMENT]. BIG UPS!!!!!! THATS WHO I REP!!!!”

Fans felt that it was unnecessary to draw the Wonder Girls into his hype for SNSD’s upcoming album, “The Boys“, which he helped produce. “I understand he’s excited but he doesn’t have to put others down like that“, “He shouldn’t tweet about things he doesn’t bother looking into”, and “Starting an unnecessary fanwar, so professional of him,” they wrote.

Teddy Riley has apologized, and explained that his responses were in the nature of friendly competition.
Teddy Riley upsets Wonder Girls fans on Twitter
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #2448
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,562 Times in 204 Posts
Smack

IfUCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #2449
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
The only fans they'll attract in NA are the ones that are listening to Kpop already, most people will be like what is this ching chong ling long shit
Posted via RS Mobile
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2450
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Their Japanese debut actually did really well, hence it paved way for T-ara and helped them make that transition..
Asian Junkie – Truth Will Set You Free: Which Korean Artists Are Actually Popular In Japan?
Asian Junkie – Kara Smashes SNSD’s Ass In Advertising Revenue, AKB48 Bukkake’s Both Of Them

SM's self inflated chart rankings don't count.

SNSD might be big in Korea, but Kara destroys them in Japan.
It also wasn't that long ago when SNSD was completely irrelevant back in thier home country, while the Wonder Girls were dominating....everything. "Tell Me" and "Nobody" was huge, and it was the WG that pretty much started this recent K-Pop trend.

The thread might be titled after an SNSD track, but we all know that this thread was started for eye candy. While it's great that Asian artists are beginning to make strides into actual mainstream media, nobody cares about K-Pop other than Asians and some Culturally confused individuals. In fact, this might actually make it even harder for actual Asian Artists to be recognized as Singers instead of flashy Idols.

This whole "Hallyu Wave" is not that much more than a bunch of Fluff articles injected onto the Internet, by sites like Allkpop and Soompi. Yes, it's there, but no, it's not as huge as all these pre-teens think it is. That appearance on "Live With Kelly" is also fabricated fluff. All they did was fill the audience with Sones. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just a marketing strategy, but if they had an actual American Audience, they'd flop just like they did on Letterman. If they were on Kimmel or Fallon's show, they might get a few Cheers and Jeers from the younger male audience. That's it.

I like SNSD, but thier half-assed "debut" isn't gonna cut it. It didn't work in Japan, and it didn't work when the WG was touring with the Jonas Brothers. I'll still cheer them both on, but admit it, it's not gonna work out for either one of them. But I'll gladly accept being proven wrong.

Take it for what it is, but I don't think that this thread should divert itself from it's original intent. Eye Candy. Leave the Fan Wars for Allkpop/Soompi.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote