REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Anyone here play roller hockey? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603754-anyone-here-play-roller-hockey.html)

hanshin 01-23-2010 09:35 PM

Anyone here play roller hockey?

Anyone here play roller hockey?
I'm thinking about joining up with a rec. team/league or something.

I love hockey in general, used to play a whole ton of street hockey, not too too bad on inline skates. (won't fall down and shit on random at least)

I know there's like VIHL, and PICH, but don't know the difference.... I live in Burnaby.

Anyone with any information and how to get started and what not?

bui95 01-23-2010 11:30 PM

vihl plays in vancouver/bby/north van. pich plays in richmond. pich is really crap-ass with their all-star game and keeping up with stats. sometimes you dont get results posted till a week or two later.

FN-2199 01-23-2010 11:48 PM

PICH is gong show. Try VIHL.

hanshin 01-24-2010 12:18 AM

Hey thanks for the replies guys, its a great help.

Any other advice/information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RiceIntegraRS 01-24-2010 01:10 AM

PICH is alil unorganized so try out VIHL. I believe u gotta register on there website to be eligible to play. For players that dont have teams, check out there forum and theres a free agent subforum there for u to get on a team. I also believe there maybe a free agent game if u still dont have a team to play for and Team Captains will pick u if they like wat they see.

For equipment, u need Rollerblades, Shin Guards, Gloves, Helmet with Visor or Cage. U can either use (A) hockey pants and socks, or (B) a hockey girdle and roller hockey pants. Id go with Option B cause ull get less hot that way. Elbow Pads are optional but i highly recommend them falling on ur elbows is no picnic. Oh u obviously gonna need a stick

hanshin 01-24-2010 03:27 PM

Great info, thanks-

I guess I'll keep looking for a team, or attend the draft game once it comes around.

Leopold Stotch 01-26-2010 01:12 PM

i'd recommend you start going to stick and wheels, and try to find some buddies or acquaintances, when the season starts, to play some drop in games with.

different game i find when everyone's on roller blades, and it doesn't hurt to fall.

bui95 01-26-2010 07:49 PM

yo, my team might need players next year for pich even though i think pich are a bunch of lazy hoes. pm me your contact

Gumby 01-27-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 6788601)
different game i find when everyone's on roller blades, and it doesn't hurt to fall.

I find that falling during rollerhockey hurts more than ice hockey cuz on ice, at least you can slide to a stop!