REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Anyone here play roller hockey?

Anyone here play roller hockey?
I'm thinking about joining up with a rec. team/league or something.

I love hockey in general, used to play a whole ton of street hockey, not too too bad on inline skates. (won't fall down and shit on random at least)

I know there's like VIHL, and PICH, but don't know the difference.... I live in Burnaby.

Anyone with any information and how to get started and what not?
Advertisement
hanshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

vihl plays in vancouver/bby/north van. pich plays in richmond. pich is really crap-ass with their all-star game and keeping up with stats. sometimes you dont get results posted till a week or two later.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
PICH is gong show. Try VIHL.
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Hey thanks for the replies guys, its a great help.

Any other advice/information greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,057 Times in 429 Posts
PICH is alil unorganized so try out VIHL. I believe u gotta register on there website to be eligible to play. For players that dont have teams, check out there forum and theres a free agent subforum there for u to get on a team. I also believe there maybe a free agent game if u still dont have a team to play for and Team Captains will pick u if they like wat they see.

For equipment, u need Rollerblades, Shin Guards, Gloves, Helmet with Visor or Cage. U can either use (A) hockey pants and socks, or (B) a hockey girdle and roller hockey pants. Id go with Option B cause ull get less hot that way. Elbow Pads are optional but i highly recommend them falling on ur elbows is no picnic. Oh u obviously gonna need a stick
RiceIntegraRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Great info, thanks-

I guess I'll keep looking for a team, or attend the draft game once it comes around.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i'd recommend you start going to stick and wheels, and try to find some buddies or acquaintances, when the season starts, to play some drop in games with.

different game i find when everyone's on roller blades, and it doesn't hurt to fall.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

yo, my team might need players next year for pich even though i think pich are a bunch of lazy hoes. pm me your contact
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #9
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,064 Times in 1,183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
different game i find when everyone's on roller blades, and it doesn't hurt to fall.
I find that falling during rollerhockey hurts more than ice hockey cuz on ice, at least you can slide to a stop!
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote