REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Question about points (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603798-question-about-points.html)

Drow 01-24-2010 11:54 AM

Question about points

Hi, recently i received two tickets which i am at fault of. The thing is, if i receive the points of these two tickets i will have my license suspended ( for the first time ), which is something i do not want. My Class 5 exam is in mid-feburary... and i heard if i can get my class 5 before i get my points i wont get suspended?

My friends advise me to dispute these two tickets, and then plead guilty on the court date. I prefer not to waste the court and the officer's time, so i was wondering if i can get my class 5 license and then pay the tickets afterwards, would it work? My ticket says i have 30 days to dispute the ticket, otherwise it will be automatically be processed as guilty. My class 5 exam is in 24 days, so is it possible to wait it out and then pay the tickets?

thanks in advance

CRS 01-24-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oniyou (Post 6785247)
Hi, recently i received two tickets which i am at fault of. The thing is, if i receive the points of these two tickets i will have my license suspended ( for the first time ), which is something i do not want. My Class 5 exam is in mid-feburary... and i heard if i can get my class 5 before i get my points i wont get suspended?

My friends advise me to dispute these two tickets, and then plead guilty on the court date. I prefer not to waste the court and the officer's time, so i was wondering if i can get my class 5 license and then pay the tickets afterwards, would it work? My ticket says i have 30 days to dispute the ticket, otherwise it will be automatically be processed as guilty. My class 5 exam is in 24 days, so is it possible to wait it out and then pay the tickets?

thanks in advance

Yes and yes.

Mr.Jay 01-24-2010 12:45 PM

yep you could do that but dont fail

I agree with your friend tho dispute!!! just in case

johny 01-24-2010 12:54 PM

dispute, you can always pay later before the court day.

Drow 01-24-2010 01:16 PM

i remember i read some threads here at the police forum that i can plead guilty for the dispute ?

shitttttt i HAS TO PASS

CRS 01-24-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oniyou (Post 6785312)
i remember i read some threads here at the police forum that i can plead guilty for the dispute ?

shitttttt i HAS TO PASS

Yes...

Best way to go about (as mentioned before) is to dispute and after passing, you just pay the fine at ICBC which is equivalent to pleading guilty.

You're not disputing because you don't warrant the ticket but so you're buying time. Yes, this is the loophole in the system. You want to buy more time as after 30 days, you're automatically pleading guilty.

wing_woo 01-25-2010 08:54 AM

Dispute it just in case you fail. That way you extend the amount of time you have to do the retest. Alternatively, if you say your test is in 24 days, then take the test and if you fail, you can just hand your ticket in at the licensing center right there to register your dispute.

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-25-2010 09:00 AM

dispute it and hope for the best