REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Real-Estate Listings (https://www.revscene.net/forums/real-estate-listings_185/)
-   -   Private Listings (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603825-private-listings.html)

CRS 01-24-2010 03:23 PM

Private Listings

Any one know any good sites for private listings?

The only things I can find are like CL type websites that aren't even reliable. If anyone could shed some light, I would greatly appreciate it!

RayBot 01-25-2010 10:39 AM

private listings?

As in for sale by owner??

If thats what you mean, most of them will be trying to sell off of craigslist (because its free, of course). From my experience (and from reading your input in other threads), they aren't necessarily the best deals. On top of that, the sellers are cheap and have no clue what they're doing. Sure, its good that you know what you're doing....but it can't be spoken for both parties.

Its slightly a different topic, but to add to ur subject on 'foreclosure' listings...in my opinion, you'll probably have more luck and an easier process on 'estate sales.' You don't have to go to court, and i have found them to be better value. Now that i think of it, i bought my property on an estate sale.....bought it more than a year ago when the market was hot, and i bought it for a lot less than what other ones went for.

So, yeah....just a lil bit of feedback. Hope this helps.

CRS 01-25-2010 03:33 PM

What do you mean by estate sale?

Though I do agree that by owner sales are often retarded and inflated because of personal beliefs.

RayBot 01-25-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6787097)
What do you mean by estate sale?

Though I do agree that by owner sales are often retarded and inflated because of personal beliefs.

Sometimes, 'retarded' isn't as offensive as a word as its intended....but in this case, can also count for an understatement :P

An estate sale is when the owner passes away and an executor is handling the sale of the property.

Or in revscene terminology.....its when the owner croaks and the kids reap the benefits.

RenoMan 01-25-2010 04:04 PM

And where might you find the estate sales?

RayBot 01-25-2010 04:50 PM

nothing different....its on MLS.

CRS 01-25-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6787224)
nothing different....its on MLS.

All I find on MLS is all by realtors...

I guess in this case, it would still be an agent sale.

Bonka 01-26-2010 12:09 AM

There are agents out there where a large portion of their business are in niche markets, ie: estate sales, foreclosures, revenue properties (triplex, 4-plex), new construction resale, character homes, etc. You might want to rub elbows with those particular folks.

Estate sales are not the way to go right now. They're all getting bid up.

There are "pocket listings" out there, which are unadvertised properties for sale (not on MLS) but as a Buyer you would have to know a Realtor who largely deals in Exclusive Listings to benefit from it. They are typically reserved for higher end or unique properties, privacy issues and/or discriminating Sellers so these are not your typical old timer or Vancouver Special.