REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Mazazu Crepes @Aberdeen (https://www.revscene.net/forums/603835-mazazu-crepes-%40aberdeen.html)

miss_crayon 01-24-2010 05:46 PM

Mazazu Crepes @Aberdeen

Anyone else try this place? What did you guys think?

I went today and I was pretty disappointed. There was a great variety of different crepes but I felt like it wasn't worth it in the end for the price I paid. Plus I found everything to be a bit unorganized as there were 2 people making the crepe skin and 1 girl to do all the filling (which took forever).

The girl that was making the crepes did a mix up on the orders and ended up making my crepe before the girl that was infront of me. Instead of giving me my crepe (that had ice cream) she left it in this stand next to her and resumed to make the crepe for the girl infront of me. By the time I got my crepe my ice cream was melted and she filled it up with a ton of cream (non-whipped).

I think I'm going to stick to Trixies on Cambie next to Cafe Gloucester.

popeye 01-25-2010 09:45 PM

Trixies is okay. Best crepe in my opinion is La Bretagne Creperie on Jervis. The croissants are good as well.

Amuse 01-26-2010 09:19 PM

I don't like the cream they use there.
Hype.
Also, the stamp card only works for crepes above $4 or $5

busdriverman 01-26-2010 11:17 PM

had the soft serve ice cream at this place...not worth it. 4 bux for a really small amount of ice cream and not to mention the hole at the bottom of the cone. i was dripping ice cream for a good while before i realized that ice cream got all over my leg.

miss_crayon 01-27-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amuse (Post 6789273)
I don't like the cream they use there.
Hype.
Also, the stamp card only works for crepes above $4 or $5

and you can't forget how you will only get a free crepe after 20 visits! are they f'reals?!

Mr.HappySilp 01-30-2010 12:23 PM

lol I am feeling like getting crepes now -_-

BlackZRoadster 02-03-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clintonpoon88 (Post 6789530)
had the soft serve ice cream at this place...not worth it. 4 bux for a really small amount of ice cream and not to mention the hole at the bottom of the cone. i was dripping ice cream for a good while before i realized that ice cream got all over my leg.

lol,,..

Ronin 02-05-2010 10:54 AM

I saw the lineup and thought "The fuck? I'm not lining up for fucking crepes..."

People don't realize this because it looks so hard to do but crepes are incredibly easy to make.

That and I hate canned tuna and everything there seems to be fucking filled with either ice cream (which you can't eat for a meal....) or goddamn tuna.

bcrdukes 02-05-2010 11:35 AM

this thread should simply be deleted :lol

Jer3 02-05-2010 03:33 PM

walked past this the other day at aberdeen. i just amazed how people can line up for crepes for gods sakes.

Amuse 02-05-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 6804619)
People don't realize this because it looks so hard to do but crepes are incredibly easy to make.

I agree. I made my own crepes the other day.
$5 a crepe just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Ikkaku 02-06-2010 01:26 AM

I was there 2 weeks ago and there were no line ups... I believe it was either a monday or a tuesday afternoon

Alphamale 02-08-2010 11:47 AM

One word: Shitty.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...010034copy.jpg

The Japanese crepe place downtown is much better and I think cheaper, too. I didn't eat the crepe but I can tell it's shitty with affirmation by my lady friend who bought it (despite my efforts). The problem with the crepe, from what I can see, is that all the toppings are put in such a "aesthetically" pleasing manner that when you eat the crepe, the flavors are disparate and rather bland in and of itself. You can see they also used only ONE strawberry and split it into four and put it daintily on top of the crepe. Stupid. The crepe sucked too. Too much whipped cream as well. Do not recommend.