REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #26
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
Nope...u got the wrong person; i've got reflexes of a tree. No way i am gonna play in net.

hahhaa.....Ray as goalie???...TOO funny
Advertisement
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #27
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc25 View Post
When I say safety, I mean the plastics durability…oakley does significant testing to ensure their visors exceed safety expectations (one test is they drop a steel spike from a certain height to make sure it doesnt crack, for their goggles).
And dont forget, Oakley has patented technology that others CANNOT copy. Shape, ya a lot of them are similar. But as for optical clarity, as far as I know they use the highest grade plastic, which the cheaper brands do not. I have experience with oakley so I am just passing it along.
Are all visors on the market impact tested? I'm under the assumption that all hockey products have to meet a certain safety standards requirement.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
A lot of visors are not certified.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #29
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 View Post
A lot of visors are not certified.
Correct, I know a lot of the lower end Itechs are not certified….cant say about the rest, havent read up on them. But it should be easy enough to find when trying to buy a new visor.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc25 View Post
Correct, I know a lot of the lower end Itechs are not certified….cant say about the rest, havent read up on them. But it should be easy enough to find when trying to buy a new visor.
Even high end visors aren't certified. There are no half visors that are fully certified. Half certified visors have three mounting points (both sides and front) and non-certified visors only have two mounting points. Only full face protection are certified.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Even high end visors aren't certified. There are no half visors that are fully certified. Half certified visors have three mounting points (both sides and front) and non-certified visors only have two mounting points. Only full face protection are certified.
I am pretty sure I saw an Itech one for $100 that was certified. It said it in the description. I *think* it was the one that if the visor breaks, you dont have to replace the whole thing. I am not good at memorizing models etc lol.
mc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #32
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

If you care about certified visors, well just to let everyone know.

The HS22 visors, along with majority of the Oakley, will not be available for sale anymore. So grab them while you can, a law was passed that Non-Certified visors will not be able to be sold.

But never fear, Bauer`s making some ugly certified half shields which will be available soon.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

i played with no visor for a few years but after getting cut near my eye i went with the itech aviator.......tinted
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote