REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Ebayers: Shipping Question (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604251-ebayers-shipping-question.html)

!Yaminashi 01-28-2010 05:09 PM

Ebayers: Shipping Question

Last week I bought a shirt off ebay, the item was listed as free shipping with Canada post.

However my online tracking hasnt really been updated for the past 3 days.
It shipped on the 25th, it says "item processed at postal facility" in Montreal.

I called Canada post and they said its not unusual for no updates to be made...
WTF? Isnt that the whole point of "tracking"?
So I know where my item is?

Anyway, is it actually normal for there to be no udpates for 3 days? or are they just bs'ing me? I dont shop online often so...

FN-2199 01-28-2010 05:14 PM

It really depends. A lot of the times it could just be in transit for days, and doesn't actually update because it hasn't processed at a shipping centre.

Be patient! :)
Posted via RS Mobile

WHEYsted 01-28-2010 06:35 PM

I was going to fail you, but seeing as though you don't shop online often. I didn't. Basically it's what iRomey said, it's in transit and once it arrives at the Richmond processing facility and gets scanned by an employee, the status will change. It doesn't constantly say "Your package is now flying over Alberta."

Bonka 01-28-2010 06:51 PM

Canada Post is marginally better but tracking numbers are only as good as the employees who scan them, and many times packages do not get scanned along the way.

!Yaminashi 01-28-2010 08:14 PM

Thx guys, special thx to nonamehustla for not failing me :haha:

bcedhk 01-28-2010 08:20 PM

canada tracking is very unreliable. Many times items don't get processed correctly and miss the tracking...

Is only 3 days, so be patient like other said.. if after 2 week no signs of item , then i would complain to Canada Post and check up on the Seller.

way2quik 01-28-2010 09:33 PM

What iRomey said. Only time Canada Post is accurate is when it arrives in Richmond and states "Out for delivery" in the morning.

dasuperstar 01-29-2010 06:32 AM

Dom Rebel Shirt Right? From: dahmenclothinginc

It usually takes 2 weeks to arrived. It's a basic shipping package that they used so tracking on it would be delayed. All updates will be applied as soon as you received the item. If you miss the delivery a stamp of paper will be left on your door and you could pick it up on the closest Canada Post.

Don't worry just be patient. Paypal got you covered in something happens

!Yaminashi 01-29-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plush (Post 6793117)
Dom Rebel Shirt Right? From: dahmenclothinginc

It usually takes 2 weeks to arrived. It's a basic shipping package that they used so tracking on it would be delayed. All updates will be applied as soon as you received the item. If you miss the delivery a stamp of paper will be left on your door and you could pick it up on the closest Canada Post.

Don't worry just be patient. Paypal got you covered in something happens

Good guess :thumbsup: How did you know?
I lol'd at your avatar btw

Thx for all the responses guiz

dasuperstar 01-29-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6793381)
Good guess :thumbsup: How did you know?
I lol'd at your avatar btw

Thx for all the responses guiz

6 sense hahaha. But It so obvious thou. IDK why I guess it. It took me 10sec to guess it.

Which one you've got? Did you know if you buy 3 or more he will gave you discount? Just ask for it

!Yaminashi 01-30-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plush (Post 6793498)
6 sense hahaha. But It so obvious thou. IDK why I guess it. It took me 10sec to guess it.

Which one you've got? Did you know if you buy 3 or more he will gave you discount? Just ask for it

Damn really? I just bought a white vneck with angel wings on the back..
Some of the shirts I dont like AT ALL, but I'm really feelin the art gallery shirt with the four red skulls, and on the back it says "filthy"

dasuperstar 01-30-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach Hines (Post 6794383)
Damn really? I just bought a white vneck with angel wings on the back..
Some of the shirts I dont like AT ALL, but I'm really feelin the art gallery shirt with the four red skulls, and on the back it says "filthy"

My gf doesn't like me wearing skulls with shiny foils T_T.

!Yaminashi 02-17-2010 11:41 AM

How long does it usually take canada post to sort out a "customer address error"?
My new shipment was supposed to be delivered today, I got to work and checked on the status and it said theres an address error.

I dont see how that could be as I've purchased about 4 items from the exact same seller within the past 2 weeks

liu13 02-17-2010 11:45 AM

did u pay through paypal? if it doesnt arrive after 3-4 weeks, u can just dispute and get a full refund, i've probably done that a dozen times and the item just happened to be really late

!Yaminashi 02-17-2010 12:05 PM

Yeah paid through paypal, my "xpresspost" tracking says the new delivery date is estimated to be the 26th.. But really? 9 days to fix this?

The phone rep said the address was wrong which I think is complete bullshit

The only way I could see them getting the address wrong is if someone physically removed the plastic covering and removed the paper with my address on it so now they have no idea where it should be going..

fatal 02-17-2010 03:23 PM

that wrong address thing happened to me once before too. i think its pretty much the delivery guy being lazy and saying the address does not exist or something. because the package for sent back to the seller and the address on the package was my exact address. sometimes canadapost is just unreliable. then the sender sent back out the same package and i recieved it. i had to pay for shipping agian. BULLSHIT INDEED