REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   How much do you spend on ties? Opinions and Thoughts. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604443-how-much-do-you-spend-ties-opinions-thoughts.html)

ASG111 01-30-2010 01:48 PM

How much do you spend on ties? Opinions and Thoughts.

Just curious how much you guys usually shell out for ties?

Purchasing brand names such as Boss Canali and Salvatore cost roughly around $120-$150 no discount. I usually notice there are hardly any discounts either around those things.

I kind of feel weird spending that much on a tie where I can get pretty much a brand name shirt for roughly the same price. But are ties more important than shirts?

Since shirts you can repetitively wear it but just changing your tie, would just mean changing your "look" right? What are your guys views?

Tie or dress shirts more important? Which one should one have more of?

Harvey Specter 01-30-2010 06:16 PM

Well the most expensive tie I have is $150, most of my other ties are like $20 but mind you I usually wear skinny ties and skinny ties aren't exactly that expensive unless it's Dior. I don't think spending $100+ on ties is it worth unless you work in the business field and you wear suits/shirts all the time.

ASG111 01-30-2010 09:37 PM

where do you typically buy ties? skinny ties or nice ones that are around $20 you are referring to? Mind intro-ing me to a couple places/sites?

Harvey Specter 01-30-2010 09:45 PM

I have 4 skinny ties, 3 of which are asos brand and come be purchased from asos.com. The only one that isn't purchased from Asos is my Dolce & Gabbana skinny tie which I purchased when I was in NY last year.

nosleepboy87 01-30-2010 10:04 PM

most of my ties fall around the 50 dollar range. i have one tie that is 120 and thats it

ASG111 01-30-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jah Gekko (Post 6795608)
I have 4 skinny ties, 3 of which are asos brand and come be purchased from asos.com. The only one that isn't purchased from Asos is my Dolce & Gabbana skinny tie which I purchased when I was in NY last year.

when ordering thru Asos.com, do they charge you customs/duties when come to Canada or they help you under declare value?

I see some Asos seem to have some solid suits and dress pants and stuff as well, how are their quality? the shoes definitely have some looking like Schmoove. lol

unit 01-30-2010 11:25 PM

i have one tie that i think cost me 175.
the rest of them are fairly cheap.
i think ties are something you would only wear a few times... once ppl recognize it, you probably dont wanna wear it anymore.
because of that i wouldnt spend more than 50-60 on a new tie unless you really liked it and planned on keeping it for a long time.

Alar 01-31-2010 02:15 AM

Asos doesn't charge you customs if its necessary until it has arrived in canada but of the 3 times Ive ordered which were all over $150 I did not pay have customs/duties. PS, their shoes are not the best quality...

ASG111 01-31-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alar (Post 6795841)
Asos doesn't charge you customs if its necessary until it has arrived in canada but of the 3 times Ive ordered which were all over $150 I did not pay have customs/duties. PS, their shoes are not the best quality...

have you tried ordering other Asos other stuff? like dress shirts, hoodies or other stuff?

jeff_alexander 01-31-2010 12:36 PM

http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/aaronak/over9000.jpg

Harvey Specter 01-31-2010 02:32 PM

Asos ships via Canadapost but the last order was via DHL, no idea why. You might get charged customs if your item is over $100 but sometimes you don't.

I have a few shirts and sweaters from Asos and the quality and fit is pretty decent for the price you pay. Their jeans and pants also fit pretty good and imo is worth the price. My everyday jeans are asos and I've been asked by people what kind of jeans they are because the fit is prefect. The only shoes I have from the asos brand are a pair of patent chelsea boots which were made in Italy and the quality is pretty good. If you're looking for a true slim fit, asos brand is for you.