REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Director of RS Cares

Need help: Get rid of "bothersome ex-datee"

**EDIT: I think the word "stalker" was a little hardcore and a bit on emotion since he bothered me last night, so I changed it to "Bothersome ex-datee" MMKAY?

Title is self explanatory.

Have a stalkerish ex-datee still bothering me after 3 years, need help. His psycho-exgf has already been a problem and I would really like this madness to end.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

restraining order his ass... serious
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #3
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
did you try a harsh/public/both rejection yet?
that usually blows those low self-esteem stalkerish types right out of the water.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
restraining order +1
Old 02-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #5
:d

Say something like "leave me the hell alone, I'm putting a restraining order up your ass"?
xnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

show him a bit of some harsh rejection like stated above, no point in being nice anymore so get your point across nice and clear and if that doesnt work, then yes a restraining order should work nicely
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
how is he contacting you? if it's just by phone, maybe change your #
i don't think restraining orders are as easy to get as some may think
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
if you put his #/email on here, he would get destroyed.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #9
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
if you put his #/email on here, he would get destroyed.
that's just another cock for the average RSer
Facebook would be much more entertaining!
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #10
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
I wouldn't resort to attacking/flaming the stalker in any way.
I guess the best way is confrontation or just continue to ignore? That's what happened to my girlfriend's ex. Crazy bastard wouldn't leave us alone for a good year. We confronted and ignored, and eventually things died down.

What have you done so far?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:25 AM   #11
Need my Daily Fix of RS

wow this guy must be desperate
turb0fr3ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #12
S-S-S-SOUL CRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by What_the? View Post
restraining order his ass... serious
+ 1 for sure
I had a stalker to for while just soul crush him baha
Posted via RS Mobile
HollyZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 AM   #13
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
why dont you ask Sapford Plow - i'm sure he can give you first hand experience on how girls got rid of him

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
Uhhh... 3 years and you're asking Revscene what to do? C'mon crayon this is easy, call the cops. You're only encouraging him by not getting the law involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #15
Retired moderator

According to the Criminal Code of Canada, stalking is considered "criminal harassment" which is defined as the following:

"No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in (the following) conduct ...that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them:

-Repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;

-Repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;

-Besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

-Engaging in (such) threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family."

---

My sister's ex stalked her for years, he'd park his car at her place and call her at odd hours of the night and play creepy love songs, WHILE he had a girlfriend. He'd just watch her. She couldnt get herself to call the cops though.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM   #16
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Don't wash you crotch for a few months, invite him over, tell him to go to town You'll never hear from him again.
cdizzle_996 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #17
How I Mod your mother

Or that could completely backfire and he might like it for some weird stalkerish reason
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl View Post
According to the Criminal Code of Canada, stalking is considered "criminal harassment" which is defined as the following:

"No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in (the following) conduct ...that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them:

-Repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;

-Repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;

-Besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

-Engaging in (such) threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family."

---

My sister's ex stalked her for years, he'd park his car at her place and call her at odd hours of the night and play creepy love songs, WHILE he had a girlfriend. He'd just watch her. She couldnt get herself to call the cops though.
You're a women it should be stupid easy for you to get rid of this guy using the law. I won't go into details but basically a buddy of mine got arrested because he told his stalker bitch of an old girlfriend to fuck off and leave him and his new girlfriend alone or he'd kill her. He's never had more then a parking ticket but ended up in jail for 13 hours, had to hire a lawyer because of those last three words in his get the fuck out of my life statement. He probably shouldn't have said it even if it wasn't meant to be taken literally but it really opened my eyes to how skewed the law is to protect women. If a guy said that to another guy or a women said it to a man nothing would happen.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #19
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
File a police report about this guy and his pyschogf stalking/harassing you. They will fill out the necessary form/paper work to get an 810 against this guy and his gf.

If they try to contact you, then call the police and have them thrown in jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #20
I STILL don't get it

Ditto on the restraining order..but does this guy keep contacting you cause maybe every once in a while you are sending him little texts or contacting him yourself?

I will admit im guilty of doing this, where a relationship goes bust, then I tell the guy to piss off, yet every now and then I have sent texts or answered his phone calls, then when im really done with him, ill say hes a stalker...

From experience myself, when your done..take them off facebook,delete their number out of your phone to avoid drunk flirty texts..etc...etc...

But like the others have said restraining order A.S.A.P his ass..
Princess121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #21
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

What has he actually done so far? More details please.
I have dealt with a stalker ex before. It's a little more complicated than just calling the cops and telling them you have someone harassing you.

You will be required to provide evidence of any wrongdoing, and the evidence must be substantial. Not circumstantial.

Anything you can get will really help, such as if you catch the vehicle at your place more than a few days a week. Example: must be by your house, or across the street, etc. Cannot be: a block down, etc. When the police question him at one point, then he will require to provide an alibi (be it official or unofficial) to prove that he's at his friend's house, etc.

Pictures, voice recordings, text messages (hey, Tiger got busted that way), anything. Also, please don't forget witnesses, be it at the time of or character ones.

Anything will help.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #22
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

yes restraining order
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #23
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,352 Times in 263 Posts
i have a baton you can borrow...:$
guddagudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #24
-Stare-

Thanked 8,013 Times in 648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
You're a women it should be stupid easy for you to get rid of this guy using the law. I won't go into details but basically a buddy of mine got arrested because he told his stalker bitch of an old girlfriend to fuck off and leave him and his new girlfriend alone or he'd kill her. He's never had more then a parking ticket but ended up in jail for 13 hours, had to hire a lawyer because of those last three words in his get the fuck out of my life statement. He probably shouldn't have said it even if it wasn't meant to be taken literally but it really opened my eyes to how skewed the law is to protect women. If a guy said that to another guy or a women said it to a man nothing would happen.
i know eh.
its like there should be a male revolution soon
ShadowBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess121 View Post
Ditto on the restraining order..but does this guy keep contacting you cause maybe every once in a while you are sending him little texts or contacting him yourself?

I will admit im guilty of doing this, where a relationship goes bust, then I tell the guy to piss off, yet every now and then I have sent texts or answered his phone calls, then when im really done with him, ill say hes a stalker...

From experience myself, when your done..take them off facebook,delete their number out of your phone to avoid drunk flirty texts..etc...etc...

But like the others have said restraining order A.S.A.P his ass..
I have DEFINITELY not kept in contact with this guy. I've been ignoring his texts, blocked his msn/facebook/his friends from my life so I thought he'd get the hint/or think this is no longer my number---but obviously he doesn't. I don't think slapping a restraining order is needed because he's not technically harming me or showing up everywher I go, but I'd really like this guy to seriously just leave me alone.

and fyi: whenever his psycho ex called she'd always call from a private number so even when I called fido to release the number to me so I could complain to the local RCMP, they wouldn't give it to me because of privacy issues. But I know for sure it was her because the last time I did see him, I confronted him about her and told him to tell her leave me the fuck alone. And he said she is crazy and he's sorry that she's been calling me and msging me. The best part of it was he said they weren't even "official"

In a way..I feel bad for him too.