REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 02-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

French Polynesian Islands..

My bf and I were talking about our first vacation we were planning on taking together.. At first we were thinking of places like Vegas ( Nope, will be too hungover all the time), Mexico (Over-rated, everyone goes), Barbados ( Not feeling it for some reason)...

Then we decided on how about we really treat ourself and go somewhere we will never forget about, TAHITI...

So Ive been sitting here all day researching like a mad-woman, now Im deciding on a nice Bungalow Over the water in Bora Bora..

My question for you RS travel enthusiasts is who has been, and what are the best places to look to book. What are some pro's and con's, fun actgivites, etc...

Him and I are looking on spending about $20,000 for an all inclusive, luxurious most unforgettable vacation ever, and all I really want on this trip is to wake up every morning looking out at the turqouise water...

Advertisement
Princess121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

I actually just started to look into a vacation at these over-the-water cottages and they are expensive...My budget is probably around 3k LOL. Guess Im going to Mexico
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i was in bora bora for work. the foods not that much expensive but those bugalows, you are looking at around 3-5k a night depending on the size and time of year. it's not 5 star luxury inside, more like a hut but its unique and on the water haha. you'll prolly get a porthole into the water in the floor. The one i stayed in looked a bit bigger than those in the pcitures and it was $6000 a night.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

You know while it looks nice that looks like the type of place you go on a honeymoon.. not with some guy you have been seeing for a couple of months...
I'd figure out what kind of activities you wanna do and then base your vacation around that. Like if you two have wanted to go surfing for a long time maybe going to Hawaii would be a better fit.
You also say that everyone goes to Mexico which is true if you are talking about Cancun... There is also Cabo which is really nice. You could also go to an area that isnt all touristy.. Monterrey is pretty awesome if you wanna see more of historic Mexico (only problem is as an English speaking person you might have issues)..

Another option is to go Island hoping for a week or two...
Old 02-22-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,345 Times in 973 Posts
Galopogos, Fiji, fresh Poly, marshall islands, Mariana Island, Bora Bora, Sipandan are all very similar.
Top pics woiuld still be bora bora.

Just be aware as I tell everyone, be prepared to do a lot of humping cause there's not a lot of night life. do not expect to be like a party town, you are there to spoil yourself, go massages and scuba diving.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
pricey shit, would be amazing tho
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote