REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Canada Jerseys on craiglists

Are those named Canada jerseys selling for $100 on craigslist actual licensed jerseys? My buddy bought one, they look pretty good, have actual Nike tags on them and fight strap. Anyone know how these differ from the ones at the replica ones at the stores selling for over $200?
Advertisement
FAWKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

The ones you see for $100 on Craigslist are FAKE.

The jerseys you see in store for $200 are the replicas. No fight strap, material isn't has heavy as the real deal and some parts of the jersey may be heat sealed instead of stitched.

The only two places to purchase a LEGIT Authentic Team Canada jersey with fight strap are The Olympic Store and http://store.ctvolympics.ca/Pages/pr...pid=HC2010AJ56 They only come in Red, Size 56 and no name on the back.

Edit: Looks like they've come out with the retail Authentic jerseys in both colors now? It's weird that they're all listed in S-XXL and not something like 46-56.

Last edited by mickz; 02-24-2010 at 10:03 AM.
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
I'm Keroppi's Girlfriend!

HC still has 2 left if you want...you know he gets them legit. You know where to find him.
Keroleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

This years olympic jerseys are so fucking ugly. Norways probly the worst followed by canada
Posted via RS Mobile
rice cooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice cooker View Post
This years olympic jerseys are so fucking ugly. Norways probly the worst followed by canada
Posted via RS Mobile
Totally agree with that. Since they couldn't use the hockey canada logo I was hoping they'd wear something like the canada cup jerseys.

As for the fit of the new ones I really don't like the neck collars, its too tight fitting compared to the collars on all the other countries. I'm just gonna stick with my older ones
Posted via RS Mobile
mickz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Not gonna lie. Russia's jerseys are frickin' awesome.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

After watching Latvia play their qualifying game I want to get their jersey!
They almost pulled off a sweet upset!
Posted via RS Mobile
Wilso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

stupid question, but whats the difference between the canada- vancouver olympics jersey that theyre massively selling now with the maple leaf on it compared to the team canada one that says canada, with the maple leaf and a hockey player in it?

Not difference in terms of material, but why are the players wearing the new jersey as opposed to the one with hockey player in the maple leaf?

sorry for being kinda confusing in the wording, but i think you know what i mean
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=254449

Got the answer.
but are they going to be using the new jersey for future olympic games or go back to the one with the hockey player?
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Totally agree with that. Since they couldn't use the hockey canada logo I was hoping they'd wear something like the canada cup jerseys.

As for the fit of the new ones I really don't like the neck collars, its too tight fitting compared to the collars on all the other countries. I'm just gonna stick with my older ones
Posted via RS Mobile
Yea i have a bit of trouble getting it on, as well as getting my gear underneath it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
stupid question, but whats the difference between the canada- vancouver olympics jersey that theyre massively selling now with the maple leaf on it compared to the team canada one that says canada, with the maple leaf and a hockey player in it?

Not difference in terms of material, but why are the players wearing the new jersey as opposed to the one with hockey player in the maple leaf?

sorry for being kinda confusing in the wording, but i think you know what i mean
That's the hockey canada logo, they didn't go with it this year for whatever reason.

here's a pic of me whoring the jersey

2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #11
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
The reason they switched is the IOC isnt allowing countries to wear the logo of their athletic organizations.

the maple leaf with the skater in it is the corporate logo for Hockey Canada.