REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Triangle?

Basically, me and my buddy fell for the same girl. She knows how we feel about her, and I know she has feelings for me too and for my buddy too (at least a few weeks ago...dunno about now). It's been about a month and my buddy has been actively chasing her, but I've just been taking it slowly. My question is should I step it up a notch? What's worse is she's in HK with my friend haha. Honestly sometimes I have no idea what she's thinking...we're kind of hot and cold. All my friends tell me she's just playing around with me...what should I do?

anl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

try again once more, then let it go
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
How I Mod your mother

Your buddy is in HK with her? If he doesnt seal the deal with her there yeah, give it another shot. If nothing comes of that then move on
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

if you're buddy is in hk with this chick and hasn't done shit all, he'll hit friendzone in no time. as for you, if you're going to move slowwly on this chick you can also join your friend in friendzone.

that being said.. the girls i date are generally good girls gone bad. i'm going to assume the girls a honger, since buddy and her are in hk. i've never dated a honger and never intend to for many reasons.

exactly how are you going to step it up a notch?

she probably is playing around with you both, i mean you two just boosted her confidence like no tomorrow. but who doesn't love getting chased around?

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
why would you want to compete with your buddy
just freaking let it go.

just be a good friend. It's funny when i was at The Town Hall eating dinner, they had a sign "he loved her most when she loved him least"

it's true. let it go, chase after another fish. there's tons.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Bro Code: Article #1 - Bro's before hoe's. I know, I know, it's a stupid book, but really your friend should be thinking about your friendship too. That being said, don't be upset with him. Let it go, don't chase after this girl. If your buddy wants her that badly, let him be happy.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

May the best man win

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 PM   #8
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
May the best man win
May the the man best suited for her win. Garbage usually tend to pick garbage, lets not be so harsh on the loser, they may actually be the better man. did that even fucking make sense? haha
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #9
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

you haven't thought of the possibility that she might be interested in another guy? i suggest you not to loose a good friend and just remain friends w/ the girl so in a way its a "win win"...
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #10

don't cross swords and finish it off with high fives, you both win.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-17-2010, 11:02 PM   #11
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
ever considered that its way too far to TRY to start a relationship.
If you were an item already then fine. But you have not even gotten there.
Find something locally that will work for you rather than try to get a girl that may be banging a john on the side.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 AM   #12
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

shes only in hk for reading break...will be back in a week and a half. the thing is... if she liked my buddy...they would have been together already. a while ago she said she "didn't know" and i guess didnt know what she wanted.

i guess i just don't want to commit too much into this because i'm afraid of being hurt?
anl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 AM   #13
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Did you and your buddy even have a discussion about this?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 AM   #14
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeziRL View Post
don't cross swords and finish it off with high fives, you both win.
LMAO best advice ever
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
VLS Pet Forum Mod

If she "doesn't know" whether she likes either of you, then she really doesn't like either of you. Just the attention that this is bringing. Either your interested in someone or your not. That or she may know the answer but doesn't want to tell either of you as that would end the extra attention. I would just let her know your around if she ever figures it out, but that your not waiting for her. go on with life. Your buddy should too.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM   #16
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
May the the man best suited for her win. Garbage usually tend to pick garbage, lets not be so harsh on the loser, they may actually be the better man. did that even fucking make sense? haha

LOL, that did made sense. nice fresh take on the cock teases of the world.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Well from personal experience, talk to your buddy first. My best friend and I both liked another one of our good friends younger sisters, we held back cause of the sister part. Then my best friend found out that our friend didn't care if we dated his sister (so long as we didn't just use her or somn) then called dibs on going after her cause he found out it was safe to date her. They start going out, 10 months later he breaks up with her and tells me I can go for it if I want (I didn't even ask haha). Now I'm dating her long distance and he's dating one of her friends (didn't go so well). It's a little weird at times but for the most part it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Bastrd View Post
If she "doesn't know" whether she likes either of you, then she really doesn't like either of you. Just the attention that this is bringing. Either your interested in someone or your not. That or she may know the answer but doesn't want to tell either of you as that would end the extra attention. I would just let her know your around if she ever figures it out, but that your not waiting for her. go on with life. Your buddy should too.
+1 on this, sounds like she might just be attention-whoring.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

you're a mile behind the game.. =(

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 PM   #19
Female Driven

as a girl, i can tell you having two guys chasing after her and boost her confidence levels so high...alot of girls have done the "i don't know" thing..and i've done it too...but its just cus girls like the feeling of having someone there, so they say "i don't know" to lead you on so you'd think there's still a chance..i'm sorry but i just don't think she's that into you
even if yes she's confused, i'm pretty sure she's not into you..sorry

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:24 PM   #20

talk to your buddy about it, if he aint gonna hit it then you should. if you guys both get rejected, well it's better than living lifes with what ifs. just move on, plenty of fishes in the sea. take it as a life lesson, not to boost a girls confidence that much.

girls do know, if they say they don't know. they're just stalling and keeping you on the leash. pretty much just an option...

should just let her return back to vancouver and not talk to her at all for a month, and give her a surprise call/text after. again if it fails, move on. simple enough right?

but i mean, if a girl is playing you like this why would you want to date her right? but one night stand is an alternative option.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #21
Banned (ABWS)

Let your friend take the grenade lol. It's going to blow up on either of your faces anyways. Think about it: do you really want to go for a girl that likes both you and your buddy? When she's hot and cold to you, it means that she wants you to impress her...... totally not worth it on your part.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
is best wrench

Thanked 1,208 Times in 272 Posts

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #23
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

To make a decision here, you have to use game theory. You and your buddy have two choices - to screw each other over or to work together in mutual cooperation. The adversary in this case is the girl.

Let's look at the three possible scenarios

a) Screw each other over
To do this will weaken your friendship and allow the girl to play you two off each other. Because she knows that you are both pursuing her, this gives her the upper hand in decision making which allows her to call the shots.

b) One tries to cooperate while the other screws the other over
In this case, one person will look really good, while the other will get screwed (and not in the way normal heterosexual people like to get screwed). The girl again gets the upper hand and a friendship might be lost.

c) Cooperate
Pretend for a moment here that you two are the only viable options that the girl has (for sake of simplicity). Let's say also for the sake of argument that you have a service that she wants (care, attention, etc). If you two choose to cooperate in an oligopolic-like market, then she will have no choice but to accept whatever price you and your buddy set. What this means for you two?

A obvious answer is a threesome.

After that, you guys can dump the silly girl and find yourselves way better girls who don't play games.
Aither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:09 AM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aither View Post
A obvious answer is a threesome.

After that, you guys can dump the silly girl and find yourselves way better girls who don't play games.
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote