REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
dates

What do you consider a date, without saying the words "its a date" or "want to go on a date with me". I ask this because I know some people automatically assume when 2 people of the opposite sex hang out they call it a date, but to me I think of it as 2 friends just hanging out.

Opinions? I'd love to hear a girls pov on this
Posted via RS Mobile

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
How I Mod your mother

I always thought of this too, unless someone actually says its a date, its not a date.
But according to my friends 2 ppl of the opposite sex hanging out is a date?
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
if theres potential interest coming from both sides and you havent been hanging out for long, call it a date. you dont have to say the word date for it to be one.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:52 AM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

i only count it as a date if you like the person and that person shows interest in you too, like flirtation, etc. and you're hanging out one on one. also, if there's the intent to get to know each other on the level to date, not only "just as friend" type thing and based on your sexual attraction i suppose.
it's just a different feeling you get, depends on what your line between friendship/dating is.

if there's no attraction/interest on my/his part, i consider it just hanging out. you can usually tell if people are into you.
the conversation is also different, like with my guy friends we talk stuff you wouldn't really tell someone you were dating. then the person i'm dating, usually talk about ourselves/each other in an effort to get to know each other more.
DGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #5
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
I would have to say there would need to be some sort of interest and/or attraction for it to be an actual date (unless it's a pity-date).

It doesn't have to involve attraction though, there is a girl I used to "date" at least once a week, usually just over lunch and a round of pool or something, and we talk about relationship problems and about each other. I'm not attracted to her, and the opposite is also quite true, though we both mutually accept the fact that us hanging out = going out on a date.
Although, admittedly, I'd wrench that ass if I was drunk enough to not care.
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
SFICC-03*

just wondering, why does it matter?
so you can say to your friends "im dating this girl"?
Old 02-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGiRL View Post
i only count it as a date if you like the person and that person shows interest in you too, like flirtation, etc. and you're hanging out one on one. also, if there's the intent to get to know each other on the level to date, not only "just as friend" type thing and based on your sexual attraction i suppose.
it's just a different feeling you get, depends on what your line between friendship/dating is.

if there's no attraction/interest on my/his part, i consider it just hanging out. you can usually tell if people are into you.
the conversation is also different, like with my guy friends we talk stuff you wouldn't really tell someone you were dating. then the person i'm dating, usually talk about ourselves/each other in an effort to get to know each other more.
I agree.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ wouldn't that just be a relationship?

But yeah, why's it matter? You know when it's a date really, there's mutual interest. The minute you're not sure, you've probably hit friendzone and are just hanging out. That being said, there's
no right or wrong answer, this is more of an opinion thing.
Posted via RS Mobile
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
just wondering, why does it matter?
so you can say to your friends "im dating this girl"?
no. it's because my sisters asked me what i did over the weekend and when i tell them they go "ohh who was the date" and i said it was just a friend and they have that grin on their face.

and because when i had previously asked this person out to watch a movie just as friends in my mind she says "i'm not gonna go on a date with you, find someone else to come with" and then this time when i ask her she says ok no questions.

girls are weird. and i don't get why 2 friends can't just hang out without people saying it's a date
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 02-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
SFICC-03*

^probably because if shes new in your life and you're hanging out, you're 90% of the time interested in her.
personally i wouldnt hang out with a girl that i had zero interest in, unless we were old friends.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #11
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
^probably because if shes new in your life and you're hanging out, you're 90% of the time interested in her.
personally i wouldnt hang out with a girl that i had zero interest in, unless we were old friends.
ya totally agree if there's no interested i wouldn't even waste my time, money and the effort to get out of my house.

i've asked girls out and girls have asked me out but in the end i guess we still remain friends so i don't think whether you call it a date or not matters b/c its just a difference of opinion.
hsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 AM   #12
Mod.

Quote:
no she's not new in my life. i've known her for a couple years and we're pretty good friends
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 02-24-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

If you have known the girl for a couple of years I dont know why she would consider it a date unless you were leading her on or something and she got the impression it was a date. I go out with girls all the time we go out to eat, shopping, movies, etc. But its never a date we are friends and I have no interest in them whatsoever and I think its mutually like that. I think a date is when you bnoth have an interest in each other that goes beyond friends.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nhan View Post
no she's not new in my life. i've known her for a couple years and we're pretty good friends
yeah, thats not a date fam.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !nhan View Post
yup not a date, thats just hanging out with a buddy.
Teh Doucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

I think its pretty obvious when its a date and when its not. If its two people (preferably strangers) doing something of a romantic nature, its a date. Just hanging out is just hanging out. if you are just chilling at home watching a movie and playing call of duty its not a date. It can still move things forward but a date should imply a bit more work than just showing up.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
I always thought of this too, unless someone actually says its a date, its not a date.
But according to my friends 2 ppl of the opposite sex hanging out is a date?
that aint no date son
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

It's substance over form. If it's a date, doesnt matter what u call it, it's a date.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #19
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
date1   [deyt] Show IPA noun, verb,dat·ed, dat·ing.
–noun
a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person: to go out on a date on Saturday night.

a date is any meeting. date does not have to be sexual in anyway, it is just hanging out or any meeting.

but yeah, i wouldn't use the word unless they are interested in each other. otherwise it'll get confusing cuz most people relate the word "date" with sexual connotations.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #20
Female Driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGiRL View Post

true dat

----------------------------------
Before sex, you help each other get naked. After sex, you only dress yourself.
Moral of story: In life, no one helps you once you're fucked.
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:50 PM   #21
Mod.

I understand that it's pretty obvious if it's a date and if it's just people hanging out, I found it weird before cuz when I asked her to hang out to watch a movie a few months back she said "I don't wanna go on a date with you" and I was so confused cuz I didn't see it as being a date. This time around when I asked the same question she said sure without saying it's a date or whatever. I guess this is why I'm confused as to why she thought it was a date last time and didn't say anything this time where nothing has changed.
97 Civic CX (POS)

Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #22
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
probably because girls are weird
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 PM   #23
Banned (ABWS)

If the penis has any chance to make an appearance, it's a date.
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #24
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
yeah i always go out alone with this girl for lunch/dinner/movie/shopping
but whenever she or other girls finds out that i am gonna go out with another girl alone, she will be like oooo a date

yeah we are both interested in eachother, but we both got gf/bf
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #25
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvs View Post
yeah i always go out alone with this girl for lunch/dinner/movie/shopping
but whenever she or other girls finds out that i am gonna go out with another girl alone, she will be like oooo a date
girls always respond with shit like that. don't let that shit mind fuck you haha. are you paying for all these lunch/dinner etc yourself? i hope not. if you are, then your getting used and it couldn't be more blunt.

Quote:
yeah we are both interested in eachother, but we both got gf/bf
this sounds like trouble already. if you're not in love with your SO, i would try shit with this girl. however, don't listen to me if you have morales.

Rule 1: You do not talk about Fight Club. Rule 2: You do not talk about Fight Club.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote