REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Anyone play roller/street hockey on cement, what kind of blade do you use? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607492-anyone-play-roller-street-hockey-cement-what-kind-blade-do-you-use.html)

AzNightmare 03-02-2010 08:45 PM

Anyone play roller/street hockey on cement, what kind of blade do you use?

I'm planning to play rollerhockey again outdoors this summer.
And I'm looking for an ABS replacement blade, but it seems next to impossible to
find one that's right handed.

Preferably, I'm looking for a KOHO 2100
http://www.cyclonetaylor.com/players...timate2100.jpg

So I'm not talking about those black pure plastic ABS blades that don't come
pre-curved and are heavy.

I'm also wondering where do you Right-handers get your blades?
Because I've been noticing that Lefties seem to get all the selections
while right hand blades are very limited.

And in some cases, for the blade I'm looking for above, I tried shopping online
for it, and you can't even select "RIGHT"(handed) for it. Only LEFT is
available. Are these companies even manufacturing right handed blades?
:confused:

If anyone finds any ABS type of blades being sold local or online, where it's acutally
in stock and RIGHT handed. Please let me know, PM, or post a link.

Cause I'm actually getting quite desperate now since I've been looking since last August.

I'm thinking maybe I should just get a wooden blade, but those crack and flake really easily
on cement... and composite is just stupid for cement... But what would you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.

hi-revs 03-02-2010 09:24 PM

i havent played outdoors in a few years, but when i did, i used the JOFA blade.
can find them at most hockey shops in the lowermainland for about $20

jello24 03-02-2010 11:42 PM

rightie here.

my street/floor hockey stick is a cheap RBK 1K woodie, which works just fine for cement. i find having cheap sticks for street to be good since it will wear out fast anyway.

for roller, i use a CCM vector V40 abs blade that i picked up from the Hockey Shop here in Surrey. it was their last one, so i expect to switch to Cyclone Taylor soon since they have the same blade in stock online.

try checking out Cyclone Taylor since they have ABS blades listed on their website. if it's not in store, just buy online. Your Koho is there too.

Koho 2100

StealthFighter 03-03-2010 12:42 AM

i don't like those ABS blades. they do last a long ass time. but i like wood for the feel. wood will break down faster though.

AzNightmare 03-03-2010 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello24 (Post 6841520)
rightie here.

my street/floor hockey stick is a cheap RBK 1K woodie, which works just fine for cement. i find having cheap sticks for street to be good since it will wear out fast anyway.

for roller, i use a CCM vector V40 abs blade that i picked up from the Hockey Shop here in Surrey. it was their last one, so i expect to switch to Cyclone Taylor soon since they have the same blade in stock online.

try checking out Cyclone Taylor since they have ABS blades listed on their website. if it's not in store, just buy online. Your Koho is there too.

Koho 2100

I often go to Cyclone Taylor, but they never have them in stock...
at least for the Right. They always tell you the same story, "more should be coming", or "it just got sold out..."

If you actually go to their site and try to order online, for the KOHO 2100 and the Vector V40, it only gives you
a "Left" blade option in the pull down menu...
Like do they not manufactuer right handed blades for these?? :confused:

I would definitely love to have one of these blades... If I could only find one. :(
No luck on eBay either.

hotjoint 03-03-2010 07:03 AM

Righty here. I'm using the RBK 2K (Datsyuk) Blade. You can pick it up for $25.99 anywhere

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/hockeygiant_2093_47034916

http://www.hockeygiant.com/rbk092kbldsr.html

cdizzle_996 03-03-2010 07:06 AM

Most Koho blades have a fiberglass bottom apposed to wood. Lately I've just been using a 1 peice composite and the bottom has yet to break down.

mickz 03-03-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 6841705)
Most Koho blades have a fiberglass bottom apposed to wood. Lately I've just been using a 1 peice composite and the bottom has yet to break down.

You use a one piece to play outside!?

AzNightmare 03-03-2010 09:13 PM

[quote=hotjoint;6841701]Righty here. I'm using the RBK 2K (Datsyuk) Blade. You can pick it up for $25.99 anywhere

Thanks. I've seen those around before... Didn't know they were ABS though.
How are they lasting on cement? They don't splinter in layers like wood, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdizzle_996 (Post 6841705)

Composite on cement? How's it lasting??

cdizzle_996 03-04-2010 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6842170)
You use a one piece to play outside!?

Lol, I didnt like the stick for on the ice. Rather than just have it collect dust in the garge, why not use it:)

hotjoint 03-04-2010 07:34 AM

[quote=AzNightmare;6842917]
Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6841701)
Righty here. I'm using the RBK 2K (Datsyuk) Blade. You can pick it up for $25.99 anywhere

Thanks. I've seen those around before... Didn't know they were ABS though.
How are they lasting on cement? They don't splinter in layers like wood, right?

Composite on cement? How's it lasting??

They last pretty long. I only do wrist shots so its perfect. I asked the guys at the hockey shop what the best blade for wear on cement was and they pointed me to this. The blade shreds instead of chipping