REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-04-2010, 05:02 PM   #51
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

personally i would say for you to stay here and go into nursing- then eventually specializing in LPN or whatever you want, and still be in Van.
Like you said, job security is great for even a RN, so you dont have to worry there.
Whereas if you went to T.O for Chiro. school, there'd be conflicts with the GF and you feeling "sick to your stomach"- which could result in you doing poorly in school. And even if you broke up with the GF those issues would still be there.

So in my honest opinion, youre still very young, i know you want to complete Chiro. school while youre still young, but if theres so many things you say you cant give up, then just stick with nursing.
and plus you'd make more as a LPN in the long run. Chiro. you can only make good money if you started your own practice and dealt strictly with insurance claims.

my 0.02

hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #52
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygunpk View Post
just remember, she made you watch hockey alone.
He's the same guy!??! Oh good lord, go to TO. You'll thank us all later.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
$100k for Chiropracter program ..wow...

if you can afford 100k for 4 years program, i dont see why you cant spend $1000 every year on flight ??
Yeah, it's about $90k for the 4 year program and then about $15k each year for housing/expenses/food/books
Coming back at least once a year isn't a problem as I would probably do this already... I'm more concerned about the LD thing...

Quote:
I actually lol'd when I read this.
I didn't end up watching it alone after all. A few other friends that didn't make it DT came over.. and the GF came over a little after the game was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
OK...not to be a downer, but the part I bolded above somewhat concerns me. I know everyone says go with your dreams, and I would whole heartedly agree - but how you phrased it above makes me think you really haven't put much thought into what you want. Going to school to educate yourself for a job that is "cool" isn't exactly the best way of thinking about your potential future career. Not to mention, this decision is going to put you into a pretty deep hole financial wise and emotional wise. You should be going into this confident that this IS where you want to be for the next 40-50 years.

Sit down and REALLY think about this. Look into the course content, the career potential and most importantly whether you can see yourself doing this for the next 40-50 years. You have to give up a lot so make an informed decision. Don't do this because you think it's "cool" or because your parents expect you to. Do it because YOU want to do it.

If you do decide that being a chiropractor is your field, like others have mentioned, talk it out with your SO. There's going to have to be some compromise here if it's going to work out. If she refuses to budge, tell her to take a walk. You shouldn't have to settle for second best (if nursing was your backup plan). Women come and go. Your career is going to end up being with you for life and nobody can take that away from you.
I want to be someone in life. I would like to be respected. And I would also like to be in the health rehab field..
I chose Chiro because it worked out for me in a way.. So, I know i'll be content with being a Chiropractor. And i'm sure i'll be happy with it.
I have a friend who just gradded as a Chiro and he loves it. So i've been talking to him a lot and he assures me that Chiro is a good field..
I guess saying I thought it would be cool was not the right thing to say, as I don't want to seem like I jumped into things here.

Thanks for your reply though.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #54
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwanzor View Post
take it from mean.. even 9 years means shit to a girl.. think about yourself first...
If you don't mind me asking... What happened?

btw...
is it arrogant for me to think that she loves me with all her heart and that if I chose to stay in vancouver she would definitely marry me?
we've talked about marriage and we seem like we're on the same path. I honestly think that we'd work out if I stayed in Vancouver.. But, I guess that shouldn't matter?

Last edited by TheKingdom2000; 03-04-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: wrong word..
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #55
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
6.5 years, it's not like it's too early to marry her. I say go for it, then the long distance thing won't be as difficult. Since you're married, you know you have many years ahead of you, and a couple years away won't seem like that big of a deal. And like someone else said, when she is done her schooling she can join you in hell (I mean toronto)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #56
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Is it the same guy? Fuck, I wouldn't trust you with my back.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
just know that nobody can ever take your education away, it will always be on your resume. but a girl, man even if you both love each other something could always happen...and then you're just a male nurse with a broken heart.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #58
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
chiropractor her heart, straighten her up
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:46 AM   #59
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:

LOL ! ! ! !
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:49 AM   #60
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^+1
genesis195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #61
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstoner View Post
chiropractor her heart, straighten her up
i see what you did there.

Like what most people have been saying in this thread, I say choose TO.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #62
My homepage has been set to RS

Choose T.O
If only I had 100K to go to a school, or even 50K to do my masters!
Propose to her and if she loves you, she would move out to T.O for 4 years (after she is done school). And after you are making the BLING, you guys can move anywhere. It's all about sacrafices.
Ducdesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 AM   #63
Banned (ABWS)

Do whatever feels right.

As for money, I think a specialize nurse makes just as much if not more money than a chiropractor. My buddies sister makes 6 figures and she's only 30.
RollingStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #64
VLS Head Mod

Do what is best for you, dont ever give up or sacrifice an education for a boyfriend or girlfriend
Posted via RS Mobile
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #65
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^hmm...i dunno
the chiropractor i used to have charged me $40 per 30 min session...fed me all this stuff about how a bad spine will affect your health and everything
anyways, along with cracking backs he was also selling all this chiropractic-related merchandise, im sure it made him a lot of money. and on top of that, he'd usually have a couple clients (families) at a time per session
going into the chiropractic field will EASILY make over 6 figures, perhaps even 7 if you're able to rack up your connections of clients
t8v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:13 PM   #66
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
if she can't do long distance, she doesnt love you.

TO isnt that fucking far, just fork out the money for a flight, you guys can take turns flying back and forth

god damnit it's still in the same god damn fucking country, stop whining.

it's not like you're in germany and she's here. that's long distance.

flights arent expensive, you guys can find a way.

Lol if this little thing is gona break you guys up, you guys arent meant for one another
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2010, 03:28 PM   #67
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,904 Times in 3,867 Posts
^ Westjet and Air Canada have seat sales down to <$150 each way. With taxes and shit say $350 for a full trip from Toronto to Van, pretty cheap.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #68
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
bwahahahahah

i think you shud just leave her, i mean first the hockey game ditching u and all now this....if she isnt happy with your dreams then just leave her
SMDBICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #69

Quote:
LOOOOOOOLL

well like Vinny Chase likes to say:
If its meant to be, its meant to be

ps. if she is not a Sloan or better, ditch her!!

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #70
I am Hook'd on RS

I wasn't going to reply because most of the people here have had plenty of valuable advice but I do want to share a personal experience in the hope you will not make the same mistake as I did.

I can't stress to you enough how important it is that you take the offer to go to school in Toronto. Even if you're not 100% sure if you want to go into that field I need to tell you it is the single most important thing you will do in your life.

If you have the opportunity, take it. It will give you a great level of security for the rest of your life and even if you decide it is not what you want to do, at least you will not have the stresses of living in poverty.

I don't know you or your girlfriend but I've seen many girls leave long term relationships to be with men that fit the stereotypical profile of satisfying their needs. I great example would be a friend of mine who didn't go into dentistry to be with his girlfriend to get married. They recently got divorced when he found out she had been having an affair with...

... a dentist. She argued she was drawn to his prestige and the gifts weren't a bad thing either.

I'm not trying to paint a bad picture of women or even your girlfriend but if she leaves you, what will you have accomplished? You will have missed your chance for a prestigious career and be heartbroken.

I will tell you this much, it's easy to get a date when your personal life and you as a person are well positioned.

Love is a great emotion but if you let it be the controlling element of your life, you are going to be in for a life of possible hell.

Go to Toronto with no questions asked at all. Don't even think about it, just do it. Any big change in life is difficult and for most people, it's that change that makes us have doubts.

This is why break ups are so hard. It's that change of life without the control that drives us crazy. If you just do it and go in with a great attitude you will track me down and thank me in 4 years. I can promise you that.

Whatever you're feeling, whatever the situation, this is something you have to do without thinking. No doubt at all.

If this girl is so great and wonderful, then she will be proud and excited for you. I know if I was with someone who had that chance I would be excited.

Consider this as well. What if someone better came along? If you're making yourself better, would you really turn down a better looking, nicer, and more loving partner that you get along with more? Love is blind but your brain is smart. You know what to do. Oh, and tell your family ASAP so they can tell you what I just did.
Grant_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #71
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
^^^ Hopefully his gf isn't a dumb piece of shit cunt like your buddy's gf.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #72
(7125 Viewing)

Love can wait. It is only a matter of understanding and trust. Maybe it just a test on you love to one another.

Ive been in that part even thou we are like so young with my gf we made it thou till now.

If she is worth to wait for ya.... go for it
Old 03-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #73

You've been with her 6.5 years. You're 22 now. Means you've been together since 15 or 16. Go to the 4 year program out in TO. That will last you damn near a lifetime. A high school sweetheart might, it might not. You will be kicking yourself 3 years down the road if the two of you break up and you didn't go.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:18 PM   #74
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
When I was young, I would have ditched school for my girl.

Now, in retrospect, I do everything I can to break idiots like me and convince them that they ahve to follow their own lives, and that the real woman of your dreams will be there with you in your own dreams.

Don't leave yours to be in hers--if she loves you, she can suck it up for a year in the T-dot. And if she hates it in Vancouver, where does she wanna go? US? Asia?

Will her or your certifications be valid there?

Suck it up and go get an education.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #75

what would Nicolas Cage do?