REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   hockey stick repair? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607662-hockey-stick-repair.html)

Leopold Stotch 03-04-2010 02:09 PM

hockey stick repair?

hi
i want to repair a broken stick. i know of the pro shop at 8 rinks, they send it out to someone to fix

now i was at cyclone and they recommended a place just past the alex fraser bridge in surrey but i forgot the name and can't seem to google it.

anyone have any idea what that place is?

thanks!

SumAznGuy 03-04-2010 02:45 PM

Don't bother getting the stick fixed.

It will cost you around $65-70 to do it and the stick will not feel the same as before.

A new stick is only marginally more $$$ than the cost to fix it.

But if you do want to fix your stick, these are the guys that do it.
http://www.stickfix.com/

Look under locations and the guys in Coquitlam are the ones that are doing it for 8 rinks and there is another guy that is based out in Richmond.

I've had a stick fixed by the coquitlam guys, and as good of a job that they did, it wasn't worth fixing when I could have spent a few bucks more for a new stick.

cdizzle_996 03-04-2010 04:09 PM

^^Agreed, buy a new one. The whole kick point in the stick is messed.

Preemo 03-04-2010 04:17 PM

+1

Leopold Stotch 03-04-2010 05:03 PM

well i watn to fix it to use for roller hockey, since the puck is so light theoretically the flex shouldn't matter as much

thing is the stick is a vapor 40, so it's hard for me to let it go. cause to buy a new one would easily cost more than $100.

beetea 03-04-2010 06:23 PM

roller hockey in langley? cause if that's the case that should be fine for durability.

cause the floors in PICH / VIHL will destroy you're blade, so spending 65-70 bucks and then having it last 5 games is a big waste of money.

SumAznGuy 03-04-2010 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 6844143)
well i watn to fix it to use for roller hockey, since the puck is so light theoretically the flex shouldn't matter as much

thing is the stick is a vapor 40, so it's hard for me to let it go. cause to buy a new one would easily cost more than $100.

Yes, but then again a pro-stock 7K is under $100 and a pro-stock 10K is under $150.

IIRC, Sports exchange had some Vapour 40's for $150 as well.

Leopold Stotch 03-04-2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nammerboi3 (Post 6844273)
roller hockey in langley? cause if that's the case that should be fine for durability.

cause the floors in PICH / VIHL will destroy you're blade, so spending 65-70 bucks and then having it last 5 games is a big waste of money.

oohhh i'll be playing at both, i usually tape my stick regardless though. somethign to consider

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6844422)
Yes, but then again a pro-stock 7K is under $100 and a pro-stock 10K is under $150.

IIRC, Sports exchange had some Vapour 40's for $150 as well.

i'll have to look into that as well, cause i've been primarily bauer whoring it

Wormiez 03-04-2010 11:20 PM

I would not recommend fixing a broken stick. I tried it twice with a XXX Lite broken at the blade and a One95 broken at the shaft. Both sticks never felt the same and became extremely un-balanced. You will notice a significant increase in flex, lack of response and the stick would flex awkwardly at the fixed point.

Especially with a X40 with specific kick points your just wasting money fixing the stick. A cheaper new stick will perform better then a fixed stick.

mickz 03-05-2010 12:52 AM

I'd go with others and say don't repair it as the balance of the stick will be off. You won't notice if your stick is 200g lighter or heavier but you will notice it if it's not balanced.

If you broke it at the blade you can try salvaging it and turning it into a two piece. If you broke the shaft I'd just call it a day and buy a new stick altogether.

604Superman 03-07-2010 01:20 AM

The place is in the arena..Great Pacific Forum...its the huge blue building you see when you drive from across the Alex Fraser Bridge. In that arena there's a store called
Rocket Rod's..they fix one-peice sticks. They charge about 40 bucks i think.
http://www.rocketrodshockey.com/

Leopold Stotch 03-08-2010 01:02 PM

thanks for all the suggestions guys, i'll probably just use my crappier stick.

AzNightmare 03-09-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch (Post 6843884)
now i was at cyclone and they recommended a place just past the alex fraser bridge in surrey but i forgot the name and can't seem to google it.

anyone have any idea what that place is?

Not sure which store is just past alex fraser bridge.
But in Surrey Central, there's "The Hockey Shop"
Not sure if you're thinking of that one.

Spidey 03-23-2010 06:52 PM

your stick will actually flex more in roller.. why? friction. the puck has less to do with how much your stick flexes than friction... since you are supposed to hit the ground BEFORE the puck when taking a slap and snap shot, the flex comes from the surface you are shooting on. in this case, concrete or sport court compared to ice.