REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

hockey stick repair?

hi
i want to repair a broken stick. i know of the pro shop at 8 rinks, they send it out to someone to fix

now i was at cyclone and they recommended a place just past the alex fraser bridge in surrey but i forgot the name and can't seem to google it.

anyone have any idea what that place is?

thanks!
Advertisement
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Don't bother getting the stick fixed.

It will cost you around $65-70 to do it and the stick will not feel the same as before.

A new stick is only marginally more $$$ than the cost to fix it.

But if you do want to fix your stick, these are the guys that do it.
http://www.stickfix.com/

Look under locations and the guys in Coquitlam are the ones that are doing it for 8 rinks and there is another guy that is based out in Richmond.

I've had a stick fixed by the coquitlam guys, and as good of a job that they did, it wasn't worth fixing when I could have spent a few bucks more for a new stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
^^Agreed, buy a new one. The whole kick point in the stick is messed.
cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

+1
Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #5

well i watn to fix it to use for roller hockey, since the puck is so light theoretically the flex shouldn't matter as much

thing is the stick is a vapor 40, so it's hard for me to let it go. cause to buy a new one would easily cost more than $100.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Old 03-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

roller hockey in langley? cause if that's the case that should be fine for durability.

cause the floors in PICH / VIHL will destroy you're blade, so spending 65-70 bucks and then having it last 5 games is a big waste of money.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
well i watn to fix it to use for roller hockey, since the puck is so light theoretically the flex shouldn't matter as much

thing is the stick is a vapor 40, so it's hard for me to let it go. cause to buy a new one would easily cost more than $100.
Yes, but then again a pro-stock 7K is under $100 and a pro-stock 10K is under $150.

IIRC, Sports exchange had some Vapour 40's for $150 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammerboi3 View Post
roller hockey in langley? cause if that's the case that should be fine for durability.

cause the floors in PICH / VIHL will destroy you're blade, so spending 65-70 bucks and then having it last 5 games is a big waste of money.
oohhh i'll be playing at both, i usually tape my stick regardless though. somethign to consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Yes, but then again a pro-stock 7K is under $100 and a pro-stock 10K is under $150.

IIRC, Sports exchange had some Vapour 40's for $150 as well.
i'll have to look into that as well, cause i've been primarily bauer whoring it
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 03-04-2010, 11:20 PM   #9
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I would not recommend fixing a broken stick. I tried it twice with a XXX Lite broken at the blade and a One95 broken at the shaft. Both sticks never felt the same and became extremely un-balanced. You will notice a significant increase in flex, lack of response and the stick would flex awkwardly at the fixed point.

Especially with a X40 with specific kick points your just wasting money fixing the stick. A cheaper new stick will perform better then a fixed stick.
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I'd go with others and say don't repair it as the balance of the stick will be off. You won't notice if your stick is 200g lighter or heavier but you will notice it if it's not balanced.

If you broke it at the blade you can try salvaging it and turning it into a two piece. If you broke the shaft I'd just call it a day and buy a new stick altogether.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #11
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

The place is in the arena..Great Pacific Forum...its the huge blue building you see when you drive from across the Alex Fraser Bridge. In that arena there's a store called
Rocket Rod's..they fix one-peice sticks. They charge about 40 bucks i think.
http://www.rocketrodshockey.com/
604Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #12

thanks for all the suggestions guys, i'll probably just use my crappier stick.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
Old 03-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
now i was at cyclone and they recommended a place just past the alex fraser bridge in surrey but i forgot the name and can't seem to google it.

anyone have any idea what that place is?
Not sure which store is just past alex fraser bridge.
But in Surrey Central, there's "The Hockey Shop"
Not sure if you're thinking of that one.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #14
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
your stick will actually flex more in roller.. why? friction. the puck has less to do with how much your stick flexes than friction... since you are supposed to hit the ground BEFORE the puck when taking a slap and snap shot, the flex comes from the surface you are shooting on. in this case, concrete or sport court compared to ice.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote