REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   McDonalds Free Coffee any size any time (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607715-mcdonalds-free-coffee-any-size-any-time.html)

StylinRed 03-04-2010 09:16 PM

McDonalds Free Coffee any size any time

Not sure if anyone knows

(it seems like nobody realizes)

but McDonalds is giving away freee coffee any size/time until like March 15 or something

its available for awhile anyway ;)

hchang 03-04-2010 09:49 PM

Hey dude, there's already another thread on this ;)

http://www.revscene.net/forums/mcdon...donalds+coffee

andrei 03-04-2010 10:08 PM

oh shit good info

Chicken Balls 03-04-2010 10:14 PM

its only for small size. thats for the one on main st, north van.

Nintensity 03-04-2010 10:46 PM

Pretty pissed off. The one over on Ironwood Plaza in Richmond would only give out Smalls. whereas the metro could give out any size.. what's up with that? I thought you can get any size...

Gh0stRider 03-04-2010 10:47 PM

On the radio, they advertise a small.

hchang 03-04-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintensity (Post 6844677)
Pretty pissed off. The one over on Ironwood Plaza in Richmond would only give out Smalls. whereas the metro could give out any size.. what's up with that? I thought you can get any size...

Did you ask them for a bigger size?

I went into the Ironwood one the other day, asked for one with a purchase of a burger. Before I left I asked for a refill but the lady told me they don't do refills. So I asked her for another one and she gave another one to me... I'm not sure I understand the logic in that but it works!

hk20000 03-04-2010 10:53 PM

no.3 road mcDix gave me big no problem.

carisear 03-04-2010 11:19 PM

wow all the mcd's ive been to are small only. oh well, not like it matters. it's free afterall.

DuhDang 03-04-2010 11:24 PM

Mcdix coffee is horrible not worthe it even though its free LOL

MaximalLazy 03-04-2010 11:28 PM

^ when was the last time YOU drank it?

Ch28 03-04-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuhDang (Post 6844779)

I think they did a coffee test awhile back between starbucks and mcdonalds. Obviously the taste testers didn't know which was which but most people actually chose mcdonalds coffee over starbucks.

StylinRed 03-04-2010 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6844571)
Hey dude, there's already another thread on this ;)

http://www.revscene.net/forums/mcdon...donalds+coffee

wow ive been on the forums so much lately i was sure this wasnt a repost -_-

silly me for assuming that

the mcd's in maple ridge / coquitlam centre / kingsway (next to gladstone)

have given me large coffees

MG1 03-04-2010 11:45 PM

Hastings Street, North Burnaby asked me what size I wanted. I said, "Largest one you've got!" That's what I got.

ASG111 03-05-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6844695)

I went into the Ironwood one the other day, asked for one with a purchase of a burger. Before I left I asked for a refill but the lady told me they don't do refills. So I asked her for another one and she gave another one to me... I'm not sure I understand the logic in that but it works!

the logic is that the lady is mentally handicapped

subordinate 03-05-2010 12:48 AM

Yeah, the coffee size is dependent on the owner.

Victoria/49th & Burrard Mcdonalds only offer small ones.

hirevtuner 03-05-2010 08:41 AM

fyi: the largest size is 2 cups of coffee

Greenstoner 03-05-2010 08:47 AM

do you guys purchase other stuff when getting a free coffee?? i feel bad for grabing only a coffee

TekDragon 03-05-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ch28 (Post 6844793)
I think they did a coffee test awhile back between starbucks and mcdonalds. Obviously the taste testers didn't know which was which but most people actually chose mcdonalds coffee over starbucks.

Beating Starbucks doesn't say much. To be fair though, McDonald's has good coffee. Ever try comparing it to Wendy's or BK's swill. I mean coffee.

illicitstylz 03-05-2010 09:01 AM

Too bad this attracts homeless people, who get free coffee, sit in a spot for however long they want and ruin the atmosphere with their stench
Posted via RS Mobile

Vansterdam 03-05-2010 09:18 AM

:repost:

^ lol if i was homeless ill prob live off the jr chicken and that 1.39 or w.e sasuage muffin :lol

distanc3 03-05-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hchang (Post 6844695)

Starbucks doing the same, its something to do with the health ministry where they're enforcing restaurants who use disposable paper cups not to refill hot drinks into the same cup. Reason behind this that the wax coating inside the cup will break down and ending up being consumed. Even though this is enforced (not sure how widespread it is in GVA) but if you do go to starbucks to get a refill you still get 5 cents off your coffee but with a new paper cup ;)

benwang 03-05-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nintensity (Post 6844677)

you should know that every mcdonald's have genius working in front counter.
they understand things normal people dont understand.

spoon.ek9 03-05-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by distanc3 (Post 6845227)
Starbucks doing the same, its something to do with the health ministry where they're enforcing restaurants who use disposable paper cups not to refill hot drinks into the same cup. Reason behind this that the wax coating inside the cup will break down and ending up being consumed. Even though this is enforced (not sure how widespread it is in GVA) but if you do go to starbucks to get a refill you still get 5 cents off your coffee but with a new paper cup ;)

hmm didn't think of it that way. when i worked at mcd's a long time ago, this one girl would keep bringing back an old cup for refills. it was a supersize cup for softdrinks but the thing turned GREY.... nasty. anyways, mcd's on no.2 road is only giving away smalls :/

sure, it's not the best coffee in the world but hell, it's free. drink it and be grateful.

RollingStone 03-05-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuhDang (Post 6844779)

Its mcdonalds lol, are you expecting it to taste like a $10 cup of freshly ground organic coffee? Their coffee taste better than starbucks coffee imo lol.