REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   I want a screamer! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607887-i-want-screamer.html)

MG1 03-06-2010 06:52 PM

I want a screamer!

No, not like my second g/f, LOL.

I'm talking about ice cream and slushie. I only know of two places (I live a sheltered life) that make it. One in Bradner (Abbotsford) and one in Walnut Grove (Langley). I'm sure there are more places out there. I live in North Burnaby, so anywhere in Burnaby or Vancouver would be great. And no, I don't do Richmond.

RCubed 03-06-2010 06:53 PM

I tried making one myself with slurpee and mcds icecream.. its just not the same..

murd0c 03-06-2010 06:56 PM

theres a corner store in Surrey(Newton) that has them 64th and 144th that has them.

Spectre_Cdn 03-06-2010 06:56 PM

there's supposedly a machine at chevron or husky at the intersection of King Ed and Oak. I read it on a blog a while back so i can't say for sure.
Posted via RS Mobile

OffSea 03-06-2010 06:57 PM

That actually sounds delicious..

And here I was, about to post some screamer.gif's

MG1 03-06-2010 06:58 PM

So people know what screamers are? Awesome. I thought they were like hard to find.

King Ed and Oak, eh? Kind of far, but on a hot summer day, they are great........ brain freeze city.

ToyotaPowah 03-06-2010 06:59 PM

OMG!!!! I remember these! They were amazing! Although, I think the place you're referring to in Walnut Grove, Red Rooster's (and various other names) is long gone. That's where I used to get mine at when I walked home from school.

Where's this place in Bradner? I live in Abby and I feel this information falls under the "need to know" category.

Domani 03-06-2010 07:00 PM

never been there, but i heard blundell/garden city.

mrclean604 03-06-2010 07:00 PM

you should do richmond. they sell screamers at danny's market :\

ASG111 03-06-2010 07:00 PM

Right here...

http://www.thepulsemag.com/wordpress.../09/scream.jpg
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/u...2/scream-2.jpg

MG1 03-06-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToyotaPowah (Post 6847024)
OMG!!!! I remember these! They were amazing! Although, I think the place you're referring to in Walnut Grove, Red Rooster's (and various other names) is long gone. That's where I used to get mine at when I walked home from school.

Where's this place in Bradner? I live in Abby and I feel this information falls under the "need to know" category.

Yeah, Red Roosters is history. Too bad.

Bradner General Store, of course. Downtown Bradner is like....... come to think of it, the general store is downtown Bradner. I came upon the place when I attended the Bradner Flower Show and May Day celebration. The store is the heart of Bradner. It is right where the railroad crosses Bradner Road. The general store is a very interesting place. Not quite Corner gas, but it does have a pair of pumps, post office, candies galore, and a coffee shop (probably the world's smallest).

Being from Abby, you must know about Clayburn Village. That candy store there is out of this world.

noots 03-06-2010 07:22 PM

Danny's Market in Richmond!! and Baguette Time on Davie I think? Can't go wrong with an orange Crush screamer. Tastes just like a creamsicle.

AVOID the King Ed one. Disgusting. I wouldn't even call what they have "ice cream"

Gnomes 03-06-2010 07:22 PM

I never knew such food item existed. Now I must try one.... later when it's warmer outside.

MG1 03-06-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noots (Post 6847060)
Danny's Market in Richmond!! and Baguette Time on Davie I think? Can't go wrong with an orange Crush screamer. Tastes just like a creamsicle.

AVOID the King Ed one. Disgusting. I wouldn't even call what they have "ice cream"

I hear ya. Nothing worse than a screamer not done right.

For those who don't know about screamers, it's soft serve combined with slushie. A good one is a piece of art. Some start with a very small layer of soft serve at the bottom, then a bit of slushie, then another layer of soft serve. The soft serve has to be the right consistency.

If and when I win the lottery, the first thing I buy is a slushie machine and a soft serve machine. Screamers anytime I want. Oh, then I'd buy a real pizza oven.

And.......... just for my buddy there in one of the previous posts, a cotton candy machine. LOL.

ToyotaPowah 03-06-2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89blkcivic (Post 6847051)
Yeah, Red Roosters is history. Too bad.

Bradner General Store, of course. Downtown Bradner is like....... come to think of it, the general store is downtown Bradner. I came upon the place when I attended the Bradner Flower Show and May Day celebration. The store is the heart of Bradner. It is right where the railroad crosses Bradner Road. The general store is a very interesting place. Not quite Corner gas, but it does have a pair of pumps, post office, candies galore, and a coffee shop (probably the world's smallest).

Being from Abby, you must know about Clayburn Village. That candy store there is out of this world.

Hmm.. ok, I'm not very familiar with the Bradner area but I have a feeling I will be veeeeeery soon! :D

And yes, the Clayburn Village candy shop is amazing! Totally old school candies.

jeff19 03-06-2010 08:02 PM

used to live 1-minute drive away from danny's. damn those screamers were good.... especially with their fresh baked bread sticks and pizza.. mmm

but i believe they switched owners and the last time i had their screamer, the ice cream was shit. Icecream wasnt smooth and creamy at all like it used to be and had little bits and chunks. fucking gross. Tried getting a refund and the guy refused. I even told him to try it from the machine himself and he refused. that motherfucker.. that was the last time i had a screamer.....

!SG 03-06-2010 08:24 PM

Danny's in richmond. its like garden city and something, blundell right?

jeff19 03-06-2010 08:33 PM

^francis

RRxtar 03-06-2010 08:38 PM

do you guys have a Canadian Tire with a gas station anywhere down there? the Canadian Tire in Kelowna has a gas station and they have THE BEST screamers there

Warp9Racing 03-06-2010 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 6847170)
do you guys have a Canadian Tire with a gas station anywhere down there? the Canadian Tire in Kelowna has a gas station and they have THE BEST screamers there

DOOD@! trust me i've searched EVERYWHERE in this f'ing city...
the place in richmond is bunk!

if you guys want THE BEST screamers head down to the okanagan.
The cdn tire in kelowna has em so you can make em yourself...also penticton...and theres a little place in oliver where they make em with hard ice cream...worth the 4-5hr drive IMO!

Ikkaku 03-06-2010 09:51 PM

pretty dissapointing to know that the ones at danny market are now crap... goodbye highschool memories of getting screamers during lunch :lol

ASG111 03-06-2010 09:53 PM

I'm going to give a screamer a try once people figured out some good places around here, abbotsford and langley are definitely too far for me lol

mrclean604 03-06-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikkaku (Post 6847257)
pretty dissapointing to know that the ones at danny market are now crap... goodbye highschool memories of getting screamers during lunch :lol

what really?

nooooooooooooooo :cry::cry::cry:

CP.AR 03-06-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ikkaku (Post 6847257)

I haven't got one for a while...
please do explain

Ikkaku 03-06-2010 10:45 PM

^ well, reading from the previous posts it seems the quality has decreased quite a bit

and yeah I remember getting one a year ago and the ice cream seemed kind of lumpy, now that people mentioned it. It won't stop me from getting one on the warm summer days when I'm in the area, though.