REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   Inflammed gums..please help. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/607889-inflammed-gums-please-help.html)

4runner21 03-06-2010 07:02 PM

Inflammed gums..please help.

Hello revscene,

One section of my gums..specifically around one of my back moulders is inflammed.

I have tried garggling with warm water and salt...I even garggled listerine w/ tea oil in it...with some minor improvement.

Whether it's a lack of vitaminC...or just a tooth problem...

one thing is for sure I need something like Omoxcycillin...

Problem is...I've been living abroad, going to school in Calfornia...
So I'm covered out there through Kaiser permanente.
I won't be going back for a few months, 'til I figure out if I'm transferrng back to UBC or not. I know my carecard isn't running 100% certain.

Soo if anyone has like a week supply of this stuff and would be willing to sell to me...I will make it worth your while.
It's gonna cost me $40 just to see a doctor in the clinic...and then who knows how much for medicine if I'm not covered.

Can someone please help me out?!! PM me. Thanks, greatly appreciated.

p.s. and no this isn't someone looking for oxycodin or whatever else druggies are looking for.

edit: forgot to mention, there is no pain what so ever...just uncomfortable feeling...like a piece of gum lodged into the side of my mouth lol been lke this for over a week now.

LanEvoMR 03-06-2010 08:19 PM

is this a 3rd molar (wisdom tooth)? and amoxicillin is only a temporary solution, you need to deal with the underlying etiology of the problem

RunningFree 03-07-2010 11:04 AM

Obvious question is:

Have you had your wisdom teeth removed?

If not, it could by your wisdom teeth growing in... possibly impacted (lodged at an angle against your molar) or growing out at a really weird angle.

If that's the case, it will grow against your molar and possibly push your teeth out of line. You may also need a root canal if it kills the root.

If there's no pain, it may not be an infection. I'd go get it looked at.

4runner21 03-07-2010 11:57 AM

^^thanks guys. already made an appointment for monday.

RunningFree 03-08-2010 09:32 PM

So what's the verdict? :P

tiger_handheld 03-31-2010 08:46 PM

bump up.
i'm feeling the same thing - and still have my wisdom teeth.

has anyone of you gotten ur wisdom teeth removed?

Was the freezing shot to your gums super painful?

Has anyone gotten any extractions done at UBC Dental school?

Fafine 03-31-2010 11:09 PM

naw the freezing shot isnt painful. its the healing process thats a bitch. some heal quick and would be eatting normally after 2 days some take a week. yogurt is your best friend if you get it removed.

Phil@rise 04-01-2010 10:18 AM

Have you tried flossing? You might have debris pushed just slightly below your gum line

RunningFree 04-01-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_handheld (Post 6888968)
bump up.
i'm feeling the same thing - and still have my wisdom teeth.

has anyone of you gotten ur wisdom teeth removed?

Was the freezing shot to your gums super painful?

Has anyone gotten any extractions done at UBC Dental school?

Yup I had mine removed... all 4 in one go to be exact.

To determine what process they'll use to take out your gums, you'll have to see exactly how your teeth are coming in. If they're more or less straight or exposed, a dentist can remove them pretty simply.

If they're impacted like mine were (coming in at an angle against your molars), you'll need to see a surgeon to have them removed. I was put under as the surgery was pretty involving... there is no way I wanted to be awake for that. :S

Like someone above posted, the healing process can be quite painful. Due to the trauma, I was quite swollen and was that way for about 3 days. After the stitches were removed the healing was pretty quick but all I could eat was anything with a porridge like consistency.

All in all, it was worthwhile to have them removed... what can happen if you don't get them removed can be far worse. Ie. teeth pushed out of alignment, enamel erosion, roots dying leading to a root canal.

Oh, also, it's important to find a competent dentist/surgeon... if done half-assed you can end up with serious complications after wards: Facial paralysis, further teeth needing to be removed, root canals, bridges, etc etc.