REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Buying concert tix off Craigslist - how to know if they're legit? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/608352-buying-concert-tix-off-craigslist-how-know-if-theyre-legit.html)

EssenceGSR 03-10-2010 05:26 PM

Buying concert tix off Craigslist - how to know if they're legit?

As title says...was looking at concert tickets off of craigslist. They're not hard tickets, but a printout of an online purchase. Any tips/ways to tell if they're legit or not?

Thanks!

MR_BIGGS 03-10-2010 05:34 PM

If they are not the hard ticket and just the printouts there is no way to know if they are real or fake. We've had people come to concerts and hockey games at GM Place where 3 different groups had the same ticket (printed version). Someone can photocopy the same ticket over and over again and sell them all without the buyer knowing. Only real way to combat this is to have the person meet you at the venue the day of the concert and make sure you get inside when the staff scan your ticket. Otherwise, buyer beware.

bcrdukes 03-11-2010 03:24 PM

^
That is one of the safest ways (in my experience anyway) to go about this. I've been iffy about buying print-out tickets as the risk is high but meeting up in person at the venue seems to work. Otherwise, I will only buy print-out tickets from people I personally know or have purchased from before.

SumAznGuy 03-11-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6855154)
^
That is one of the safest ways (in my experience anyway) to go about this. I've been iffy about buying print-out tickets as the risk is high but meeting up in person at the venue seems to work. Otherwise, I will only buy print-out tickets from people I personally know or have purchased from before.

Not sure if this applies to regular Ticket Master tickets, but during the Olympics, people were canceling their tickets or selling them on the Olympic website and then sold the hard tickets that they had.
When they cancelled their tickets or sold them, the barcode on the tickets were taken off of from the system and new tickets with new barcodes were issued but the original hard tickets were never asked to be returned.

Quite a lot of people got duped this way.

MR_BIGGS 03-11-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6855218)
Not sure if this applies to regular Ticket Master tickets, but during the Olympics, people were canceling their tickets or selling them on the Olympic website and then sold the hard tickets that they had.
When they cancelled their tickets or sold them, the barcode on the tickets were taken off of from the system and new tickets with new barcodes were issued but the original hard tickets were never asked to be returned.

Quite a lot of people got duped this way.

This happens all the time at Canucks games! All the time!

When staff scan the ticket it says cancelled ticket. The first question asked is, did you buy these from someone online, which is always answered with a disappointed YES! THey know right then they got screwed..

o1pkjai 03-11-2010 04:31 PM

we if they sell the hard copies?? can they cancel hardcopy tickets?

winson604 03-13-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by o1pkjai (Post 6855267)
we if they sell the hard copies?? can they cancel hardcopy tickets?

refer to the post above by MR BIGGS. Doesn't matter what type of tickets they are as they can always easily be canceled by the seller by saying he lost them etc