REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Decent community center gyms with a squat rack near BCIT?

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere. My gym membership expired and I want to use community center gyms again. I've gone to Kerrisdale before (extremely cheap, plenty of equipment, suitable for basic deadlift / squat workout routines) but I now live and work too far to make it a viable option long term. I've tried Fitness World / Steve Nash, but they are far too pricey long term for my goals and needs.

My local community center gym sucks which I found out by dropping in... and pretty much leaving right after a 20 minute run. Dumbbell rack and leg presses. Same with my work gym. I don't really feel like checking out each community center one by one so if someone has one to recommend near the BCIT area (where I work) or alternatively near Knight or Fraser street that basically has a squat rack, treadmills, bench and a chin up bar I'd be grateful! Preferably nothing over $25-30 per month.

Thanks for any insight.
Advertisement
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
BCIT Burnaby campus has their own gym. You don't need to be a student to join.

http://www.bcit.ca/recreation/facilities/fitpit.shtml

Prices:
Memberships for alumni, the public and our corporate neighbors provide access to our weight room.

Monthly membership $30/month
*3 month minimum

Discounted annual memberships
Alumni $195
Corporate $240
Public $300

Drop-in fees
Alumni & Corporate $2.86
Public $5.71

Not sure if they have a squat rack though.