REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   speeding ticket = automatic license suspension? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609039-speeding-ticket-%3D-automatic-license-suspension.html)

tsx_cl 03-16-2010 10:26 PM

speeding ticket = automatic license suspension?

i was wondering if my license will get suspended if i get a speeding ticket cause my buddies at school tell me my license will get suspended for 3-6 months. I'm scared cause i just got a speed ticket a week ago :cry:

description of the ticket says: Speeding in Municipality under MVA section 146(1) and $198.00 fine

should i dispute this ticket or pay it? thanks!

hchang 03-16-2010 10:44 PM

Your license won't get suspended. Maybe if it was excessive speeding you can get your license suspended on the spot. But don't quote me.

But if you have your N you'd have to be 24 months ticket and crash free, so if you have your N you'd have to restart the 12 month process.

You can dispute it, but how'd you get the ticket? We can give you a little more insight if we knew what you were doing and how you got the ticket

Raid3n 03-17-2010 12:27 AM

you only have to restart the GLP period if you get a suspension. the only way you're going to get a suspension from a speeding ticket is if it's excessive and carries 3 or more points, or if you have a lot of speeding tickets already, or a bunch of other tickets. then they might decide to suspend your license due to an unsavory driving history, but other than that, you wont lose it from one speeding ticket.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure thats how it plays out.

FN-2199 03-17-2010 12:39 AM

From personal experience, after getting my first speeding ticket, I was issued 3 driver penalty points. From there, the Superintendent issues you a warning, telling you that you're on probation for the rest of your novice turn, and any points you accumulate next result in a suspension.
I ended up getting another ticket, which got me a 2 month suspension, and I had to redo my whole 24 month novice stage.

The lesson here? Be careful! Drive SMART

Also, try disputing that ticket of yours. What exactly happened?

tsx_cl 03-17-2010 02:07 AM

well i jsut sped for fun cutting people haha stupid yea X_X also got driving contrary to restriction ticket stupid overpassenger law LOL

but yea i also heard that if i change my license plate the tickets will be voided is this true?

reaver64 03-17-2010 02:23 AM

You should get your license taken away for being an idiot. Also, changing your license plate has nothing to do with a speeding ticket, if that were the case a lot of people would be getting new license plates instead of paying their tickets :thumbsup:

Inaii 03-17-2010 02:51 AM

Please go hand in your license since you're obviously not mature enough to be driving.

Dragon-88 03-17-2010 09:05 AM

If you do get suspended. There is a way for you to shorten the suspension without having to write a letter to the superintendent. But the way you acted on the road, this lovely information will not be given to you.. Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license) all it takes is one other person to hit the brakes as your weaving in and out and u slam right into them.
Remember when you are driving fast and weaving in and out, other people acctually make fun of you and think you are dumb over thinking you are cool..

Also i guess you are in High school. Dont driver over the restrictions because really your friends dont care about your license or your car they are just using you for the free ride and could care less about any tickets you get. Also the one driving always gets the ticket even if the passenger doesnt have a seat belt.

benwang 03-17-2010 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=Dragon-88;6864058] Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license)

that could be wrong because takumi started his race on public road while he still attending high school :P

Dragon-88 03-17-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benwang (Post 6864138)

that could be wrong because takumi started his race on public road while he still attending high school :P

Yes cause that what we want. To teach the OP that racing is okay on the streets.. FAILED

v.Rossi 03-17-2010 10:52 AM

I'm suspended for 4 months for 2 speeding tickets. This suspension is absolutely hell for me, I lost my job because of it. Dont be stupid like yours truly, I've learnt my lesson. Don't take that DL for granted. Regardless of how good of a driver you think you are, not being able to drive just fucking sucks.

Pay it off and drive properly.
Posted via RS Mobile

skidmark 03-17-2010 11:24 AM

Those two tickets = 6 points, so you will be hearing from the Superintendent with a prohibition if you are convicted of or pay both. See the sticky on points for the link to the Driver Improvement Program.

tsx_cl 03-17-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon-88 (Post 6864058)
If you do get suspended. There is a way for you to shorten the suspension without having to write a letter to the superintendent. But the way you acted on the road, this lovely information will not be given to you.. Our streets are not a race track no matter how good of a driver you are (which you are not cause you just got your license) all it takes is one other person to hit the brakes as your weaving in and out and u slam right into them.
Remember when you are driving fast and weaving in and out, other people acctually make fun of you and think you are dumb over thinking you are cool..

Also i guess you are in High school. Dont driver over the restrictions because really your friends dont care about your license or your car they are just using you for the free ride and could care less about any tickets you get. Also the one driving always gets the ticket even if the passenger doesnt have a seat belt.

i understand that racing is bad but whatever right? im in highschool and i want to have fun once in a while. However ive definitely learned my lesson ahah not gonna be speeding for a longggg time.

Its not because they using me for rides, its just im one of the couple people in my group of friends that have cars and well, u cant just leave a buddy behind :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6864220)
Those two tickets = 6 points, so you will be hearing from the Superintendent with a prohibition if you are convicted of or pay both. See the sticky on points for the link to the Driver Improvement Program.

so im probably gonna get license suspended then eh?

v.Rossi 03-17-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsx_cl (Post 6864256)
i understand that racing is bad but whatever right? im in highschool and i want to have fun once in a while. However ive definitely learned my lesson ahah not gonna be speeding for a longggg time.

Its not because they using me for rides, its just im one of the couple people in my group of friends that have cars and well, u cant just leave a buddy behind :)

i hope you realize you can't go back in time, in case anything at all ever happens. you ever have that moment where you mess up and wish you could just go back in time, embarassing moment etc? i'm sure you have, now picture a dead man infront of your smashed windshield. wish you never used that wish until now? too late.

you wanna have fun? do coke. boost your adrenaline up, that way you get hurt not us.

i'm only stating all this, because you don't know how much value your DL is until it's gone. i've already heard from the Superintendent, i'm serving the suspension, i'm sitting here still wishing i could drive windows down, music bumping in this sunny day. you're capable of doing all that atm and i'm not.

and no you probably won't get suspended from one ticket, again if you were scared of one ticket. you'll #$%^ bricks literally for one casualty.

SpoonFit 03-17-2010 12:50 PM

Lol OP is still young and learning, it's all good everyone is telling him it's the wrong thing to do. But each one of us have went through this exact phaze. So OP just know that one wrong decision in a motor vehicle can really change your life, you can easily hurt yourself and other innocent bystanders and it only takes 1 second to do it all. So just drive safe!

Dragon-88 03-17-2010 12:50 PM

Leave a buddy behind or suspended license you make the choice. And yes everyone like to speed hell i like to speed, but do it where no one is around.. Hell drive to abbotsford and find a nice empty road.. But stay the hell away from traffic and neighbourhoods. Plus mission isnt to far from there. When you are young you can get away with a lot of things. Having a vehicle is a big responsibility and you have to own up to your own problems. Cant go to mommy or daddy if you killed someone.

zulutango 03-17-2010 03:10 PM

Tell your buddy that "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" . Having a crash when you are violating the RESTRICTIONS on your DL will get you tickets and your insurance will not be valid. Hope you have learned this lesson...also to not speed and cut people ?

CRS 03-17-2010 05:18 PM

Your inability to notice the severity of your actions and immaturity would be enough for me to suspend you. And this is someone that doesn't even know what your driving records look like.

I sincerely hope that you get suspended and that you are dumb enough to get caught while suspended. Or that you would dispute this and get your ass handed to you by the JP.

Oleophobic 03-18-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoonFit (Post 6864354)
Lol OP is still young and learning, it's all good everyone is telling him it's the wrong thing to do. But each one of us have went through this exact phaze. So OP just know that one wrong decision in a motor vehicle can really change your life, you can easily hurt yourself and other innocent bystanders and it only takes 1 second to do it all. So just drive safe!

umm no even when I was 17 with my N I never drove around like an idiot weaving in and out of traffic because it was "fun". Sure I liked to speed, but speeding strictly meant going with the traffic flow which, most of the time, is 10-20 above the limit. This is not the same thing as speeding excessively in traffic, or weaving in and out cutting people off.

Oscar_Binswood 03-18-2010 10:35 AM

I hope you realize if an accident did occur in a situation where one of your passengers was either killed or injured, their family has the right to sue your ass. Your insurance won't cover you for shit. So much for buddies now right? Remember, as the driver you're responsible for all your passengers.

Gumby 03-18-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsx_cl (Post 6863849)
well i jsut sped for fun cutting people haha stupid yea X_X also got driving contrary to restriction ticket stupid overpassenger law LOL

but yea i also heard that if i change my license plate the tickets will be voided is this true?

Yes just change your license plate and you'll be fine! :rolleyes:

zulutango 03-18-2010 07:11 PM

And put tin foil in your hubcaps and the Cops will not be able to get you on Radar...just use some from your hat...the one that stops the voices. :)

dub.g 03-20-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsx_cl (Post 6864256)

ur still a fucking moron..

Graeme S 03-20-2010 10:33 AM

TSX-CL, this kind of post is the reason the passenger limit was put in; a great majority of highspeed accidents caused by youths are immediately preceded by four words: "Hey guys, watch this!"

I really do hope you get your license suspended.
Posted via RS Mobile