REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Certified Troll: Access Removed

prohibition question

I received a 'Notice of Intent to Prohibit' letter back in December, 2009. It requested me to respond through one of the two options. However, I didn't respond back. The strange thing is that I have not received the 'Notice of Prohibition' letter that they are supposed to sent. Also, I still have my driver's license in my wallet. So my question is: is my driver's license prohibited or not?
Advertisement
notching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Call ICBC and find out.

Having the physical license itself means little when the authority behind it has been revoked.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Having been beyond the 21 days to respond since you received the letter, your license has probably been revoked. If you get caught driving, they'll take away your physical license. You might get lucky and they'll let you drive home. Normally, it is a tow and store for 60 days. After those 60 days are up, you'll be looking at close to $2000 dollars in fees/fines.

Honestly, it's not worth the risk to drive. The paranoia alone would stop most people, once they know the facts. The ones that don't know what's going to happen will get a nasty surprise once they pick up their cars.

Worst case scenario is if you continue to drive, you'll be freaked out by cops/cruisers/undercover vehicles. Then when you are caught, ICBC will start your prohibition from the day you were caught because they assume you were illegally driving the whole time. Once, you get your license back, you'll restart the whole 24 months again until your road test (assuming you have/had an N).

My advice would be to turn in your license now, you might as well get you BC ID while you're at it. Take that one step closer to your class 5 now rather than later.

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
You waited too long and now you also missed you chance in getting a 2month over a 3month suspension. Like boibuddha says after the 21days you are officiall suspended if you get caught you will get a ticket for suspended license. ALso if you get in a accident your insurance is void.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote