REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Best place to get clothes in HK? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609469-best-place-get-clothes-hk.html)

R&R 03-21-2010 10:45 AM

Best place to get clothes in HK?

Hey, im going to hong kong tomorrow, and i was wondering if hong kong sells Trues and Rocks etc etc..., first time going so i have no clue if they sell them or not, and is it true that most stores there sell fakes?

offtopic: should i buy a Nokia E72 in HK or just buy it when i get back to canada?

thanks guys!

mickz 03-21-2010 11:03 AM

Nobody really wears those brands in HK. If you stick to bigger, chain stores you won't have to worry about fakes. The only times you might even encounter a knockoff is trying to buy something off the side of the street or a shady shop.

As for the phone, it really depends if you're going to sign a contract where you're planning to use it or not. If you are, get it locally, if you don't, buy it in HK. If you buy from the bigger shops like Broadway or Fortress you'll be fine.

art-gallery 03-21-2010 11:07 AM

they do sell trues and rocks there, but im pretty sure its more expensive there, there arn't that many stores that sell them. IMO you should get the phone in hong kong it would be cheaper i assume. hope this helps

R&R 03-21-2010 11:22 AM

thanks for the quick replies!, yeah im just gonna buy the phone since i like my fido plan haha, what would be a good place to start shopping?

Alphamale 03-21-2010 04:50 PM

FYI the phone you buy will not have the North American 3G bands.

Adnoh 03-21-2010 08:42 PM

Don't bother buying authentic jeans, its way more expensive there. But if you want to check it out, theres a mall there called IFC on Hong Kong side by the star ferry terminal.

bcedhk 03-21-2010 08:58 PM

ladies market has TR's and ed hardy. only 30 dollas

cctw 03-22-2010 12:43 AM

fyi there is a TR chain store in HK...RR i'm not so sure about....i've seen those hk celebs wearing them on shows!

but yea they are more expensive than what you'd pay on revolve..

artmotion 03-22-2010 03:05 AM

I think there's also a store in citygate outlets and you might be able to find them at Harvey Nichols

Amped 03-22-2010 08:11 AM

You can go check pacific place out. Is that the one next to the admiralty station? If it is that's the one. There is this store that starts with a S (Seimou?? or something. I might be really far off) and they sell TR.

EDIT: It's Seibu

c3m 03-22-2010 02:42 PM

There is a small write up from Discover HK on shopping in HK. It tells you where are the shopping district and what's good in HK
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...e-to-shop.html

as for TR and RR Lane Crawford (department store) have them.
http://www.lanecrawford.com/brands-allbrands-1

TRDood 03-22-2010 05:10 PM

1. Brands like RR, TR, Diesel, Energie, G-Star, "Douchebag designers" are about 1.5-2 times more expensive in HK. There's a store in TST at the Harbour City mall.

2. Brands like LV, Gucci, D&G, Hermes, Chanel, etc. are located in CWB, Central, and TST (Canton Road). They are multi-stories BIG stores, so you can find practically anything in any colour in any size.

3. Brands from Japan/Asia like BAPE, BBC/ICECREAM, CDG, NHBH, UNDF is what HK is good for, if you like those stuff.

4. Mongkok is practically where you want to go for cellphones. Price differences are only ~$50 HKD, save your transportation cost.

5. Camera stuff and electronics are stuff that you want to buy in HK. They have almost everything and anything you want, you will be amazed at the little gadgets that they have for your computers and cameras.

When I go to HK, I don't really buy clothes anymore except for #3 and I focus on #5. I find that most of my $$$ is spent on FOOD. I eat like 5 meals a day because everything is just too cheap.

All the malls are the same, just like here. All you really have to check out is Harbour City at TST, Central area, and streets of CWB. All other malls are repeats. DON'T go to megabox (the giant red box). It's a piece of shit.

oh, and if you are into hookers, www.sex141.com has a lot of info. LOL

have fun!

dachinesedude 03-22-2010 09:27 PM

Going to HK looking for canadian/american trend brands is kinda pointless, almost all of them HK people dont wear them or even heard of them, no demand = no supply. Check out HK or Jap brands, they're really not that bad

Best districts for shopping imo would have to be Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui, and Causeway Bay, everything and anything can be found at those places

rawr 03-23-2010 07:16 PM

Bauhaus sells True Religions and Rock and Republics. The R&Rs I saw go for about $3800 hkd, which is close to $500 cdn. But their Tough jeans aren't too bad. They also sell Cheap Mondays-they look great, feels comfortable, and they're really cheap.

i.t and I.T sell really nice clothes. 5cm is a good choice if you plan to go to i.t -- cheap and nice styles. I.T is much more expensive. I like Abahouse and Commes des Garcons.

Izzue has really nice styles too. A lot of them should be on sale in April. I went back in March and they had 50% off and an additional 25% off.

Chevignon is known for their jeans, be sure to check them out.

There's also a brand called TK which comes from Japan. Nice styles, not too expensive.

You can also try the small malls in MK or Causeway bay near Soho. They sell dirt-cheap clothes but they look fantastic.

Agnes b and sport b look not bad too, but they're a tad expensive.

LCX @ sea harbor city in tsim sha tsui have some pretty nice brands too. However, I would stay away from here 'cuz theres SO FUCKING MANY mainlanders.

MK is good for phones and cheap, cheap clothing. They have a whole street for shoes. mostly sell converses, nikes, addidas.

SkippyLang 03-28-2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawr (Post 6874949)
Bauhaus sells True Religions and Rock and Republics. The R&Rs I saw go for about $3800 hkd, which is close to $500 cdn. But their Tough jeans aren't too bad. They also sell Cheap Mondays-they look great, feels comfortable, and they're really cheap.

i.t and I.T sell really nice clothes. 5cm is a good choice if you plan to go to i.t -- cheap and nice styles. I.T is much more expensive. I like Abahouse and Commes des Garcons.

Izzue has really nice styles too. A lot of them should be on sale in April. I went back in March and they had 50% off and an additional 25% off.

Chevignon is known for their jeans, be sure to check them out.

There's also a brand called TK which comes from Japan. Nice styles, not too expensive.

You can also try the small malls in MK or Causeway bay near Soho. They sell dirt-cheap clothes but they look fantastic.

Agnes b and sport b look not bad too, but they're a tad expensive.

LCX @ sea harbor city in tsim sha tsui have some pretty nice brands too. However, I would stay away from here 'cuz theres SO FUCKING MANY mainlanders.

MK is good for phones and cheap, cheap clothing. They have a whole street for shoes. mostly sell converses, nikes, addidas.

You are so informed lol. Bauhaus is a really nice store for jeans and jackets.