REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
R&R
I STILL don't get it

Best place to get clothes in HK?

Hey, im going to hong kong tomorrow, and i was wondering if hong kong sells Trues and Rocks etc etc..., first time going so i have no clue if they sell them or not, and is it true that most stores there sell fakes?

offtopic: should i buy a Nokia E72 in HK or just buy it when i get back to canada?

thanks guys!
Advertisement
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #2
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Nobody really wears those brands in HK. If you stick to bigger, chain stores you won't have to worry about fakes. The only times you might even encounter a knockoff is trying to buy something off the side of the street or a shady shop.

As for the phone, it really depends if you're going to sign a contract where you're planning to use it or not. If you are, get it locally, if you don't, buy it in HK. If you buy from the bigger shops like Broadway or Fortress you'll be fine.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

they do sell trues and rocks there, but im pretty sure its more expensive there, there arn't that many stores that sell them. IMO you should get the phone in hong kong it would be cheaper i assume. hope this helps
art-gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
R&R
I STILL don't get it

thanks for the quick replies!, yeah im just gonna buy the phone since i like my fido plan haha, what would be a good place to start shopping?
R&R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
FYI the phone you buy will not have the North American 3G bands.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Adnoh

Don't bother buying authentic jeans, its way more expensive there. But if you want to check it out, theres a mall there called IFC on Hong Kong side by the star ferry terminal.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
ladies market has TR's and ed hardy. only 30 dollas
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
Rs has made me the man i am today!

fyi there is a TR chain store in HK...RR i'm not so sure about....i've seen those hk celebs wearing them on shows!

but yea they are more expensive than what you'd pay on revolve..
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I think there's also a store in citygate outlets and you might be able to find them at Harvey Nichols
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,037 Times in 94 Posts
You can go check pacific place out. Is that the one next to the admiralty station? If it is that's the one. There is this store that starts with a S (Seimou?? or something. I might be really far off) and they sell TR.

EDIT: It's Seibu

Last edited by Amped; 03-22-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #11
c3m
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

There is a small write up from Discover HK on shopping in HK. It tells you where are the shopping district and what's good in HK
http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/...e-to-shop.html

as for TR and RR Lane Crawford (department store) have them.
http://www.lanecrawford.com/brands-allbrands-1
c3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

1. Brands like RR, TR, Diesel, Energie, G-Star, "Douchebag designers" are about 1.5-2 times more expensive in HK. There's a store in TST at the Harbour City mall.

2. Brands like LV, Gucci, D&G, Hermes, Chanel, etc. are located in CWB, Central, and TST (Canton Road). They are multi-stories BIG stores, so you can find practically anything in any colour in any size.

3. Brands from Japan/Asia like BAPE, BBC/ICECREAM, CDG, NHBH, UNDF is what HK is good for, if you like those stuff.

4. Mongkok is practically where you want to go for cellphones. Price differences are only ~$50 HKD, save your transportation cost.

5. Camera stuff and electronics are stuff that you want to buy in HK. They have almost everything and anything you want, you will be amazed at the little gadgets that they have for your computers and cameras.

When I go to HK, I don't really buy clothes anymore except for #3 and I focus on #5. I find that most of my $$$ is spent on FOOD. I eat like 5 meals a day because everything is just too cheap.

All the malls are the same, just like here. All you really have to check out is Harbour City at TST, Central area, and streets of CWB. All other malls are repeats. DON'T go to megabox (the giant red box). It's a piece of shit.

oh, and if you are into hookers, www.sex141.com has a lot of info. LOL

have fun!
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Going to HK looking for canadian/american trend brands is kinda pointless, almost all of them HK people dont wear them or even heard of them, no demand = no supply. Check out HK or Jap brands, they're really not that bad

Best districts for shopping imo would have to be Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui, and Causeway Bay, everything and anything can be found at those places
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #14
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,324 Times in 249 Posts
Bauhaus sells True Religions and Rock and Republics. The R&Rs I saw go for about $3800 hkd, which is close to $500 cdn. But their Tough jeans aren't too bad. They also sell Cheap Mondays-they look great, feels comfortable, and they're really cheap.

i.t and I.T sell really nice clothes. 5cm is a good choice if you plan to go to i.t -- cheap and nice styles. I.T is much more expensive. I like Abahouse and Commes des Garcons.

Izzue has really nice styles too. A lot of them should be on sale in April. I went back in March and they had 50% off and an additional 25% off.

Chevignon is known for their jeans, be sure to check them out.

There's also a brand called TK which comes from Japan. Nice styles, not too expensive.

You can also try the small malls in MK or Causeway bay near Soho. They sell dirt-cheap clothes but they look fantastic.

Agnes b and sport b look not bad too, but they're a tad expensive.

LCX @ sea harbor city in tsim sha tsui have some pretty nice brands too. However, I would stay away from here 'cuz theres SO FUCKING MANY mainlanders.

MK is good for phones and cheap, cheap clothing. They have a whole street for shoes. mostly sell converses, nikes, addidas.
rawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #15
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr View Post
Bauhaus sells True Religions and Rock and Republics. The R&Rs I saw go for about $3800 hkd, which is close to $500 cdn. But their Tough jeans aren't too bad. They also sell Cheap Mondays-they look great, feels comfortable, and they're really cheap.

i.t and I.T sell really nice clothes. 5cm is a good choice if you plan to go to i.t -- cheap and nice styles. I.T is much more expensive. I like Abahouse and Commes des Garcons.

Izzue has really nice styles too. A lot of them should be on sale in April. I went back in March and they had 50% off and an additional 25% off.

Chevignon is known for their jeans, be sure to check them out.

There's also a brand called TK which comes from Japan. Nice styles, not too expensive.

You can also try the small malls in MK or Causeway bay near Soho. They sell dirt-cheap clothes but they look fantastic.

Agnes b and sport b look not bad too, but they're a tad expensive.

LCX @ sea harbor city in tsim sha tsui have some pretty nice brands too. However, I would stay away from here 'cuz theres SO FUCKING MANY mainlanders.

MK is good for phones and cheap, cheap clothing. They have a whole street for shoes. mostly sell converses, nikes, addidas.
You are so informed lol. Bauhaus is a really nice store for jeans and jackets.
SkippyLang is offline   Reply With Quote