REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
I STILL don't get it

link to online article?

*edit: nevermind didn't notice it*
Advertisement
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #27
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
I love watching these videos....punks deserve it
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 AM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
the second guy was hardly resisting arrest
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #29
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

You don't need to watch the video to get a feel for the police attitude we have in this country. Go to any club on a Friday night and watch the cops come in and raid the place looking all stuck up pushing people around.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #30
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
to serve and to own ur ass
thats how it seems like with cops now a days
the kicks were really uncalled for, yes the drunks were pricks for gang beating on one guy, but they obeyed and went down when the cop told them to do so, yet this one officer kept on booting it even when the guy obeyed his order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #31
Banned (BBM)

^

thats why i say fuck the police

YouTube- Bone Thugs-Fuck the Police
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:27 PM   #32
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.H.C View Post
You don't need to watch the video to get a feel for the police attitude we have in this country. Go to any club on a Friday night and watch the cops come in and raid the place looking all stuck up pushing people around.
bunch of fags, walk in thinking they're all that. it happens almost every time i go clubbing
TRD Rs200 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #33
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Victoria Police is not apart of the RCMP.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Meh, That guy was TKO'ed in the beginning of the Video (first seconds of the video on the left).

The police are not babysitters.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #35
Need my Daily Fix of RS

From looking at the video it may seem like the cop was a bit excessive, but we all need to consider the other side of the story.

Who knows what had happened before the police got there? Maybe they responded to a call in a well known gang hangout area where someone was assaulted or maybe even shot. And when the police got there, they noticed someone who was 'well known' to them at the scene. The guy was asked to get on the ground, he was too slow in doing it so the cop made him do it in a quick manner for the cop's own safety. Also, the guy was getting down with him facing to the cop in an upright position. He could have pulled out a gun and shot the cop for all we know.

I know this story may sound far fetched, but that or maybe something similar could have happened and the cop is just looking out for his own safety. The bottom line is, we can't quickly come to a decision about something we don't know the other side to.
ray666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #36
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
We don't know the story of what happened before the video started, in the beginning of a video you can see a guy lying in front of the store not moving at all, doesn't seem like excessive force to me if these guys were the ones who beat the first guy down.

Just always comply with police orders and this would not happen to you. If you feel youre treated unfairly just take their badge number later and report it later. 9 out of 10 times if youre respectful to somebody in authourity, they will be respectful back. Simple as that.
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
More info:

Quote:
A YouTube video depicting a Victoria police officer kicking two young men during an arrest outside a downtown nightclub has gone viral on Internet, at the same time the internal police investigation is expected to become criminal. As of 1 p.m., it had been viewed more than 45,000 times.

Victoria police Chief Jamie Graham is holding a press conference today at 1 p.m. to address growing concern over the video and give more details into the internal investigation.

The 56-second video shot on Sunday at 12:30 a.m. under the dim illumination of streetlights shows the aftermath of a fight that broke out after a group of allegedly drunken men, age 19 to 27, left the Victoria Social Club in Market Square.

Police arrived, and some time afterwards a video began recording. It shows a man lying motionless, surrounding by onlookers, on the sidewalk in front of Muffet and Louisa on Store Street, between Pandora Avenue and Johnson Street. According to police, the man had been kicked in the head as part of a drunken brawl.

Nearby on the street, one or more police officers appear to have a man down on the ground, arresting him, when a yellow-jacketed Victoria police officer approaches the group and twice kicks the detainee.

It’s unclear whether the man who was kicked was resisting arrest at the time. At this point in the video a guy can be heard yelling, “Why is he kicking him?,” to which the videographer later replies, “Don’t worry Johnny, I’ve got evidence.”

The yellow-jacketed officer then turns to a grassy median, where he tells a man to get down on the ground. The man initially complies, and another officer enters the scene to turn the man face down and handcuff him. However, the young man, whose face seems bloodied, then tries to crawl away.

As the second officer grapples and tries to get him under control, the yellow-jacketed officer circles and places a hard kick into the man’s side and then knees him twice more in the back until the man being arrested yields his second arm to be handcuffed.

Victoria police spokesman Sgt. Grant Hamilton said the department learned of the YouTube video Monday. He understands “there’s people who will have a very emotional reaction to that video.”

Hamilton said it captures three officers trying to subdue eight individuals Sunday morning.

The foot-patrol officers had come upon a number of men who were attacking the prone man seen lying motionless outside the Muffet and Louisa store in the video. Hamilton said the alleged assailants had engaged in a drunken brawl after leaving the bar and were giving the boots to one man — kicking him in the head.

Hamilton said the public doesn’t see the viscous fight between the young men and wonders what the public reaction would be if people saw the victim being beaten and kicked.

“That’s the reality, that’s the environment we work in,” Hamilton said.

“Our officers tried to intervene,” he said. “They used [pepper] spray to disperse the crowd. What you see is three officers trying to take eight people in custody.”

Six men were eventually taken into custody, but all were released, because the victim refused to co-operate with the investigation.

The alleged victim of the fight was taken to hospital for treatment and released. Another man was treated by paramedics at the scene.

The Victoria police launched an internal investigation based on complaints from the public since the YouTube video aired. More details about that investigation will be released later today.

The Office of the Police Complaint Commissioner is monitoring the investigation and Graham will be the disciplinary authority in the case.

“The investigation will determine whether that use of force was justified and appropriate in the circumstances,” Hamilton said.
http://www.theprovince.com/news/Vide...915/story.html
Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #38
Banned (ABWS)

^ All that doesn't mean shit. Cop kicked a guy while he was down and in cuffs.
bengy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

wow. that makes the po po look really bad.
BaoXu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengy View Post
^ All that doesn't mean shit. Cop kicked a guy while he was down and in cuffs.
Doesnt mean jack shit
If I got beat by 6 guys I would be happy they cop gave em a kidney shot.
FUCK THERE RIGHTS
DuhDang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #41
racing & tech mod.

I normally side with cops, but I think it was a poor decision to kick the guy while he was down, even though he totally deserved it. Right now police have to be super careful of their image, and this is not helping.
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #42
SardaukarMod

VICTORIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICE ACT AUDIT:
FOCUSED INSPECTION & USE OF FORCE REVIEW

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/police_ser...inspection.pdf

came up march 4th, 2010.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #43
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
VICTORIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICE ACT AUDIT:
FOCUSED INSPECTION & USE OF FORCE REVIEW

http://www.pssg.gov.bc.ca/police_ser...inspection.pdf

came up march 4th, 2010.
Man, it's 277 pages. Is there a cliffs notes out there of this?

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #44
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
I bounced at that bar for a while last summer. Pretty much all of us working the door were better at controlling and taking down violent patrons than the cops... without ever having to strike them.

Police training of hand to hand combat or control techniques must be non-existent. They either gang beat, taze, or shoot.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #45
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhDang View Post
Doesnt mean jack shit
If I got beat by 6 guys I would be happy they cop gave em a kidney shot.
FUCK THERE RIGHTS
lets look at this from another point of view.

now, imagine u were one of those 6 guys, and all u did was just watch ur 5 other friends beat on 1 guy. cops come and arrest ur friends + u, but u knowing that u did not do anything, u question y ur getting arrested, the cops starts kicking the shit out of u for no reason. do u think the cops still had the rights to beat the shit out of u, or would u cry police brutality using excessive force?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 PM   #46
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
lets look at this from another point of view.

now, imagine u were one of those 6 guys, and all u did was just watch ur 5 other friends beat on 1 guy. cops come and arrest ur friends + u, but u knowing that u did not do anything, u question y ur getting arrested, the cops starts kicking the shit out of u for no reason. do u think the cops still had the rights to beat the shit out of u, or would u cry police brutality using excessive force?
deep down inside I would know I deserved it for watching my friends pounce on a guy and enjoy it. HOWEVER I would cry police brutality and sue for large sums of money
DuhDang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:23 AM   #47
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

ow ow ow
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:46 AM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

last time i checked it was the courts job to serve justice
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 View Post
last time i checked it was the courts job to serve justice
And when's the last time they actually did that job?

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #50
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
I bounced at that bar for a while last summer. Pretty much all of us working the door were better at controlling and taking down violent patrons than the cops... without ever having to strike them.

Police training of hand to hand combat or control techniques must be non-existent. They either gang beat, taze, or shoot.
tats what they do best
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote